Sicamous conditions 2023/2024

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty serious chit. Hopefully this gets sorted out
Unreal. Granola, Eating, water drinking ,backpack wearing, trail walking, tofu, loving idiots are going to ruin snowmobiling
I can see the future. No sleds. It involves 3-4 motorcycles all with laser and radar jammers. That’s my new sport. Hwy bikes riding fast and taking chances. Cat n mouse with the police.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess de activated would mean they no longer be able to have an agreement to manage the |FSR for the winter with grooming operations but we would still be able to use it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess de activated would mean they no longer be able to have an agreement to manage the |FSR for the winter with grooming operations but we would still be able to use it.
Depends how they do it. Around here they've started totally reclaiming and re-sloping the roads they deactivate. They're getting really good at making them totally unusable.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who's doing the deactivation work? need them to get them quit bidding on the stupid jobs

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friggin ndp cock smokers

So sick of it , maybe it's time to jet from chinada

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Logging companies are responsible for maintaining roads and they get credit back from the government on their stumpage bills for doing that work. If they have no logging permits up that road they don't get credit back and eventually they want to be clear of the liability of maintaining a road they are not using especially if it has a lot of risk for washout etc. They then deactivate that road to government's standard and turn responsibility over that road to government.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Bright side, there’s still fresh snow up there today May 2 pow turns(just not where we were standing)
IMG_1672.jpeg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the article:
Last year, however, the government told them they don’t have registered snowmobile trails and now wants the club to do the environmental studies and other requirements which “takes years to do.”

Yup, building roads all over and clearcutting large portions of the mountainside is acceptable because the gov't gets their share of the pie, but Joe Public then being allowed to use that infrastructure to access crown land is a problem. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm sure the environmental impact of snowmobiles operating on snow is significantly more than the logging that occurred in the first place. 🙄

You would think the benefit of keeping the roads in place as fire breaks and access for fire fighting efforts would be enough to scrap the concept of deactivation altogether.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Queest today, went up normal/old way. Unloaded at 19,(cut block over looking the narrows) or 11 on the new km signage could have made one more switchback if we had a deck instead of little trailer. Trail was still in decent shape. Probed 205cm at the cabin. Hero snow but riding was better than I expected.

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_f6948540-7b9e-4d95-af2e-669a5b10c7d4.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_f6948540-7b9e-4d95-af2e-669a5b10c7d4.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 93

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be 31C on the weekend, gonna melt that snow out way too fast again this spring.

Top Bottom