Used sled prices

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is moving. I have a 17 axis 174 for 9g obo not even a low ball offer. which I would probably take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so. Predictions are a total crapshoot I think at this point, its so variable that its really anyone's guess. If inventory comes back, maybe will see some dealers able to flog units off the floor and folks getting deals will force used prices down. If spring orders stay the same and they never go back to floor models, I could see the pricing staying high.

Lots of people wanting to travel again, if the wife wants Mexico, some guys gonna have to let the sled go for the "only ride 3 times a year crowd". Lots of folks are leveraged heavy, but don't wanna give up the toys or their lifestyles. Time will tell as inflation and interest rates start to hit more and more mortgage trigger rates for people.

Bills and inflation going to take a good bite out of lots of guys trips this year, its easily going to be 30-35% more this year for fuel and lodging based on prices I've seen.

I think some are still holding onto a dream from COVID, when they bought overpriced and now trying to recover some of it. Seen some reasonable stuff, and then just clearly people who have no clue what the market is.

I'm sure some are shooting for the moon to cover off as much of their snowcheck as they can when it lands. Hopefully see some pricing adjustments downward in Jan when the payments on the old when they've got to dump it fast or carry 2 payments.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so. Predictions are a total crapshoot I think at this point, its so variable that its really anyone's guess. If inventory comes back, maybe will see some dealers able to flog units off the floor and folks getting deals will force used prices down. If spring orders stay the same and they never go back to floor models, I could see the pricing staying high.

Lots of people wanting to travel again, if the wife wants Mexico, some guys gonna have to let the sled go for the "only ride 3 times a year crowd". Lots of folks are leveraged heavy, but don't wanna give up the toys or their lifestyles. Time will tell as inflation and interest rates start to hit more and more mortgage trigger rates for people.

Bills and inflation going to take a good bite out of lots of guys trips this year, its easily going to be 30-35% more this year for fuel and lodging based on prices I've seen.

I think some are still holding onto a dream from COVID, when they bought overpriced and now trying to recover some of it. Seen some reasonable stuff, and then just clearly people who have no clue what the market is.

I'm sure some are shooting for the moon to cover off as much of their snowcheck as they can when it lands. Hopefully see some pricing adjustments downward in Jan when the payments on the old when they've got to dump it fast or carry 2 payments.

SxS's sitting on dealers floor, RV lots are filled with new inventory, drove past a Ford store & seen 1 tons sitting on the lot, real-estate sitting for month's. Some late delivery watercraft sitting in dealers inventory.

I've read sub prime repo is spiking upward.

Yes, the next year is going to be interesting.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has to crash sooner or later. I can’t see retail prices coming down, so I’m trying to keep a new truck and sled every year. The first thing to take a major hit I think is the 3,4,5 year old stuff that people way over paid for and financed. Soon they will be be in a negative equity situation, and that will create some desperate sellers. Having a new unit will at least buy a guy some time with a new vehicle while this correction takes place. By buying and selling at the right time, with the current and past 5 year market you could drive a brand new 1 ton Denali or platinum pretty much for free other than interest. In some cases of you paid cash, you could sell the used unit for more than you paid for it. Same with sleds. Last 3 years a guy could buy a NA or Turbo run it for a year and sell it for retail or more in some cases.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching pros for awhile now. I haven’t seen a significant dip. Lowest is prob 11/12s listed for 4-5. Usually higher miles and maybe a top end/fix kit

My prediction would be next season sleds prices coming down, as it was said above lots of toys are financed and fed/boc sound like they’re just going to keep increasing rates

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has to crash sooner or later. I can’t see retail prices coming down, so I’m trying to keep a new truck and sled every year. The first thing to take a major hit I think is the 3,4,5 year old stuff that people way over paid for and financed. Soon they will be be in a negative equity situation, and that will create some desperate sellers. Having a new unit will at least buy a guy some time with a new vehicle while this correction takes place. By buying and selling at the right time, with the current and past 5 year market you could drive a brand new 1 ton Denali or platinum pretty much for free other than interest. In some cases of you paid cash, you could sell the used unit for more than you paid for it. Same with sleds. Last 3 years a guy could buy a NA or Turbo run it for a year and sell it for retail or more in some cases.

New vehicles used to lose 10% to 20% of their value the day they were driven off the lot. Those days will return.

Only reason a 1 year old truck goes for the same price as new is because there isn't new to be had.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, but I think this is a limited timeline though. When mortgage trigger rates hit (which they are starting to now), high natural gas prices for this winters heating and inflation keeps rising, many people will opt to keep their older cars. It takes about 12-18 months for people to burn through savings, increase debtload etc, to the point they finaly realize they cannot afford that lifestyle. AB has the highest # of mortgages in arrears by almost double Ontario, who has 3+ times the amount of mortgages!

I was like you too, swapping trucks every 8 months and selling for $800 less than what I paid with 25K on the odo. Those days are mostly over IMO, dealers are not giving up any deals anymore - saw a "sale" the other day for 2% off MSRP. whoopdeedoo. Part of the attraction was to buy low (ish) and resale higher but now its buy higher and resale for minimal return. Inventories are starting to rise daily, and people who held off during COVID are now needing to replace their car, and the dealers can get into a 8 yr term at 4% interest. They don't want my no interest cash payment. Depreciation is still a thing, its been offset by exports but they are really clamping down on that now, and as US inventories come back, there will be less export. I will be keeping my 22 for 5-6 yrs probably, and wait til there are some real "deals" to be had again.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy a 2021 Turbo Expert 175?

Never really touches the trail, mostly flys everywhere. Snowmobile loves powder and only rides the deepest day. Sled in like new condition, suspension minty! under-carriage inspection completed regularly. 4000KM

$21,000

Contact me when ready for your new stellar purchase!

Attachments

• Sled1.jpg
    Sled1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 126

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy a 2021 Turbo Expert 175?

Never really touches the trail, mostly flys everywhere. Snowmobile loves powder and only rides the deepest day. Sled in like new condition, suspension minty! under-carriage inspection completed regularly. 4000KM

$21,000

Contact me when ready for your new stellar purchase!
What are you on about now? That sleds never even seen 1/2 throttle, better ask $25K minimum bud, and add "lady driven" to your ad.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used sleds don’t seem to be selling in this neck of the woods. Prices are still pretty high although. I think the caribou closures are impacting purchase decisions as well as the economy. I was chatting with the nh dealer and he mentioned that interest rates on used non nh equipment would range from mid 8s to 12 and a bit . Been a while since we seen those sorts of numbers, nothing like early 80s but it will change how we look at major purchases.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used sleds don’t seem to be selling in this neck of the woods. Prices are still pretty high although. I think the caribou closures are impacting purchase decisions as well as the economy. I was chatting with the nh dealer and he mentioned that interest rates on used non nh equipment would range from mid 8s to 12 and a bit . Been a while since we seen those sorts of numbers, nothing like early 80s but it will change how we look at major purchases.
Not one bite on my 2022 skittoo turbo. Low kilometres like new and not even offered to trade for old Chevy truck

Top Bottom