Trail Repairs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hand saw like that is a must on any machine, they make nice folding ones too.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say that the message to " clean up" after yourself is getting through....I can't ever remember the trails being so clean ... Rare to see a can or litter in the trails any more in most cases..
Some random camping spots are still a mess , but u would suggest that is more of a kids partying issue than an OHV issue ...
None the less , the areas I have seen most are a lot cleaner than they were 5 years ago ... For example !

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Still Chain saw is a full-time passanger on my quad, it will always go where I go and I will go where it takes me !
Packing a axe and shovle too for the just in-case.

Been a busy bever this year preping trails and enjoying the un-used ones since my quad has little tires and is not mud hole friendly till the ground freezes.

Keep up the good work all as we enjoy the best of the out-door net-work we build for our sport.

Pal Don

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Still Chain saw is a full-time passanger on my quad, it will always go where I go and I will go where it takes me !

Been a busy bever this year preping trails and enjoying the un-used ones since my quad has little tires and is not mud hole friendly till the ground freezes.

Keep up the good work all as we enjoy the best of the out-door net-work we build for our sport.

Pal Don

I try travel lite. Used to carry a small gas saw.

This year am carrying 2 of those hand saws.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah a bridge would definitely work here and wouldn't even have to be that long. It's about 3-4' down one side which isn't as steep then 5-6' up the other side which is steeper and has a pretty big root across the top. I'd have no idea how to properly build a safe bridge or how to anchor it on the sides though. My ride with people and gear is easily over 2000 lbs so it would have to be properly built with a good safety factor
Is there an O.H.V. club which frequents this area/can help out? If not, maybe send a note to the A.O.H.V.A. with pictures of the situation and see if they will lend support/funds to properly bridge it.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pal Don
I strap a gas axe on quad once and a while if the ride is slow and unknown, but not really option on sleds, but I have thought about it lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I strap a gas axe on quad once and a while if the ride is slow and unknown, but not really option on sleds, but I have thought about it lol.

on sled I used a home built pocket chain saw. take the rivet out of saw blade, paracord tied on each end, cuts almost as well as chain saw, cheap, can be sharpened. works well on logs.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on sled I used a home built pocket chain saw. take the rivet out of saw blade, paracord tied on each end, cuts almost as well as chain saw, cheap, can be sharpened. works well on logs.
Dam thanks that's a good idea! I finally just got 300' of paracord in the mail from China it took like 2.5 months, I'm gunna save all my old chains now!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today rzrgade and myself rode from our camp.
Picked up some trash.
Cut some logs on the trail.

Then found a cut fence.

Wow,,,,

We repaired the fence the best we could.

Tyler has given me the farmers number. I am calling him today to let him know we did the best we could fixing the fence

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that tree made any sound when it fell??

Yes when hit Tyler. Lol.

It was a good day.

Fixed some trails.

Picked up 1 million jamboree signs.

Also unfortunately we did pick up some trash along the way.

But doing our part.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep up the good work guys! It's surprising how some people disregard fences and gates that are obviously in place for a reason. I'm off next week and hopefully won't have too many trees to clear where I ride after clearing all but 1 of the trails earlier this month. There's a big dirty tree across the trail halfway down a tricky hill that I haven't tried to clear yet and the nasty little ravine I mentioned earlier in this thread so I'll be happy if I can get one of those jobs done on this trip.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out today

Have tools to get signs and trim logs.

4 of us cleaning up trails

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut some trees that could really hurt if hit.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved a few other logs.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up a lot of trails over the last 8 days.

Thanks Joel and Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom