Trail Pass Increases!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? :rolleyes: Where have you been...How do you expect to be taken seriously after a ignorant comment like this. lol

Next you should resign as Pres you are potentially one of the worst reps I've had exposure to. Next time you sit down to dinner thank AB for putting it on the table.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it is scary for all the sledders from Alberta, but it will happen. Especialy when you have no say with the BC government laws. Most BC sledders dont want you here, so deal with it.

Will be makin a call today to the BCSF today to see if in fact you are the pres ( I have serious doulbts ) but hey if you are your a clown and I will never support your oganization again.:nono:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I know it is scary for all the sledders from Alberta, but it will happen. Most BC sledders dont want you here, so deal with it.

And I'm sure most BC small town business people hope you resign your position very soon...

Mountain Mania will generate HOW MUCH revenue for the town of Valemount???

The past MM events have not bennifited Revelstoke, Mcbride ect....

I would expect that "most BC sledders" welcome the revenue from out of town sledders that allow them to live work and play in the mountains...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Will be makin a call today to the BCSF today to see if in fact you are the pres ( I have serious doulbts ) but hey if you are your a clown and I will never support your oganization again.:nono:

He's a club Pres...... Not a THE BCSF pres....

Even the Special education classes need a class president....

I sure hope he does not speak for the organization as a whole....

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it is scary for all the sledders from Alberta, but it will happen. Especialy when you have no say with the BC government laws. Most BC sledders dont want you here, so deal with it.[/QUOTE

Like I said before CLOWN:rant:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought , isn't this exactly what the tree huggers want? You would think we would all be on the same side. Never mind who's pissing in who's back yard , we are all here for the same reason. Just a thought.:confused:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it is scary for all the sledders from Alberta, but it will happen. Especialy when you have no say with the BC government laws. Most BC sledders dont want you here, so deal with it.

not only ill informed but ignorant to boot. I feel very confident with people like you representing sledders. :rolleyes:

you obviously have no clue how politics and economics work. If access is granted to crown lands the gov't wants the tourism dollars. It will be all or nothing. I assume you are just stirring, cause no one can be that uninformed.

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a B.C. resident, fellow sledder and small business owner I will welcome you sledders into my area with open arms anytime you want to come.... and bring your bucks too!! :beer::d I get involved to help keep the areas open to us all!

:welcomebluesign:

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so for me to ride b.c. and not be hated on by b.c. sledders, i need to move my entire life to b.c.?!

... HA! please. :rolleyes:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CRF , just curious what club you are with? I can see you are from BC but not what club?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC Crown lands do not belong to Albertans, sorry. As a BCSF Club President, the club can set any regulations on any of the clubs tenures. Those secret spots you refer to are kept open by Clubs.

Most of you do not have a clue to what it takes to keep these areas open for winter recreation use. These areas are on all the greenies scope to limit or completely stop use.

So stop whinning about trail fees, think yourselves lucky that there is still access for out of Province users. Very soon some of those secret spots will require a trail permit.

These enviromentalists are using the bad apples of the sledding community as there ammo. Garbage, harrassing wildlife, ecosystem damage, avi deaths, are just a few issues, it is very easy to police the locals. It is an entire different issue policing out of towners and even more difficult with out of province riders. Permits will be the only way to hold riders accountable.

Wow!
Was (or is) there a concern that out of province users could not have access? People can whine about what they want like trail fees or even out of province users. Wouldn't you be limiting your resources immensely without out of town or out of province users. How is it harder to police out of towners or out of province riders?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? :rolleyes: Where have you been...How do you expect to be taken seriously after a ignorant comment like this. lol

I figured someone would take me as seriously as if I had made an ignorant comment about the mountains belonging to an individual or organization.....:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: The tragic irony is that the BC clubs and the snowmobile federation that you are supposedly representing, often rely on out of province riders to sign petitions and fight battles with them as a show of support. I know that I have personally signed over 2 dozen petitions and sent about the same amount of letters to MLA's and governement officials during area closure reviews, caribou closure reviews, cat and heli skiing operation tenure applications, etc etc. I have also sent letters and emails to newspapers to dispute facts about avalanche deaths and rider attitudes when we are negatively portrayed. SO.... in fact, we do have a say in BC laws because we are part of the minions fighting in the trenches.

Again, please feel free to show me the press releases from the BCSF last year that supported sledding when the media was painting us as backcountry terrorists. I couldn't find them on the website, but I did manage to find this handy link to the BCSF organization contacts

I can believe that without the support of riders like myself and many many many others, your choice of riding areas would be even more limited. BC riders want us to help them fight, but don't want us to be able to join in the fun? and the BCSF supports this attitude? :eek: I will seriously re-consider who am I fighting for next time an email petition to support keeping a BC riding area open, pops up in my email. Not really though, I will sign it without question, because they are my riding areas that I am fighting for too. Whether I chose to buy a BCSF membership this year will be what I seriously question.

Again, long time BC resident living in AB for work primarily - what gives you the right to tell me that I have no say about who's "mountains" they are anyway? At least a couple people I ride with are in this same scenario. All we do is ride BC - are we not BC riders also, with just a different mailing address? Maybe we should all move back to BC to become "BC riders". If people are pissed about foreigners coming and shredding the powder twice a month, how bad will it be when we all live there? Riding every weekend will sure be nice.....

My parents are up this week from BC visiting, I'm going to show my old man this thread and see how he feels about your ignorant statements on out of province riders. The BCSF will likely be receiving some letters in the mail.

How many years have you lived in BC? and the only answer I really care about is "everyday I have been alive" otherwise.... It really doesn't matter where people are from. Making a statement about the fact that BC riders do not want out of province riders shows just how narrow minded some individuals are. Considering the issues on this site last year with local BC riders dis-obeying closure signs, I laugh when everyone tries to pin their problems on foreigners.

If Alberta riders stop coming to BC, who is going to be the scapegoat when BC riders get caught riding out of bounds?

I seriously cannot believe that ANY representative of the BCSF talks to fellow sledders in this manner and I can't believe that I'm having to type this post to debate your comments!

Your attitude is deplorable in my opinion.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To my albertan friends, please dont take any of these comments as a general feeling amongst BC sledders or residents. Im embarassed to be reading some of the comments

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
To my albertan friends, please dont take any of these comments as a general feeling amongst BC sledders or residents. Im embarassed to be reading some of the comments

We know curtis....

Seems Valemount even has radio campaigns aimed at bringing in out of province sledders, as well as promoting the area at OUT OF PROVINCE sled shows.....

Hell of a way to show us we're not wanted....:d:d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I access rolling hills thru the pipeline everytime I ride there. I have no problems paying a fee to support the local club, not for groomed trails. A groomed trail is like icing on the cake. I have never turned around on a rough trail and asked for my money back. I still use the trail. If this was an area that required me to stay on designated trails then I would expect some level of grooming.

It would be great if there was a way to setup a method to collect from the pipeline side. I thought Corbin townsite had box set up for trail passes. With the recent hazards on the pipeline I may have to drive to Fernie and stage there. Is there someone on the Fernie side that collects at the staging area? Last time I staged there I think we bought our trail pass at the gas station.

Set the record straight, please. You buy a "yearly trail pass" and just what are you buying? If it isn't a Fernie club membership you don't help us one iota. A BCSF membership from another club (whether it be Revelstoke, Golden, or ABCSnow from VARDA) doesn't put money into our coffers.

Yes, we keep a cabin on the pipeline with a bar-b-que and cord wood to keep things warm and the majority who access the Notch ride the pipeline without contributing. It would be nice to find an easy solution as we don't groom the pipeline and "grooming fees" would be laughed at at the least.

Thanks for the accolades and by the way, I didn't think I was on a soap box....just saying:d:d:d

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
75% of my summer business and winter business is from Alberta people that live here in Sicamous for holidays.............You guys are totally welcome here!
just my 2 cents!

Top Bottom