Trail Pass Increases!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
And those tenures are huge, covers the whole prov. and it`s mostly heli skiing.
Here we don`t have tenures in the backcountry, the club and society have a managment agreement with MoF to be able to run the grooming programs to the alpine and then be able to charge a fee. The areas are recreation sites.
A tenure does not give exclusive rights to an area, we are asked to respect the other users.
Heres a reason to join a club, ;) When things don`t go well, the club, society and tenure holder end up in meetings with gov. trying to solve the problem. If the problem can`t be solved gov. can put in place a section 58 and then it is closed to motorized recreation. (that`s you and me).
It has been explained to me that it is not a right to access crown land, it is a privaledge.

That`s 3 clubs now I have heard left the BCSF this yr. :eek:

Sure wish it would snow. :d

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And those tenures are huge, covers the whole prov. and it`s mostly heli skiing.
Here we don`t have tenures in the backcountry, the club and society have a managment agreement with MoF to be able to run the grooming programs to the alpine and then be able to charge a fee. The areas are recreation sites.
A tenure does not give exclusive rights to an area, we are asked to respect the other users.
Heres a reason to join a club, ;) When things don`t go well, the club, society and tenure holder end up in meetings with gov. trying to solve the problem. If the problem can`t be solved gov. can put in place a section 58 and then it is closed to motorized recreation. (that`s you and me).
It has been explained to me that it is not a right to access crown land, it is a privaledge.

That`s 3 clubs now I have heard left the BCSF this yr. :eek:

Sure wish it would snow. :d

I am under the understanding that as Canadian Citizens it is ours to enjoy?

Like I said just want to play in the snow............ like 6' of it.:d:beer:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how the Gov likes to spout that line "it is a privilege, not a right." as if we don't have rights. Complete BS.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a link for that? I'm curious.

Here you go. Sure not much deep blue color on it. I think we are in big trouble for the future of our sport. When everyone gets funneled into a small area it gets pretty beat up because of the high volume of users. One has to assume the white areas are still up for grabs?

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here you go. Sure not much deep blue color on it. I think we are in big trouble for the future of our sport. When everyone gets funneled into a small area it gets pretty beat up because of the high volume of users. One has to assume the white areas are still up for grabs?

pretty sad hey? Now for all the ppl that say i dont need a club or wont help support. Whatcha going to do when they tell you to bad. Leave?

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ride in BC twice a year if I'm lucky. If I were to join a club, is it better to join the local club where I may ride once or twice, or join the ABC? Which would help more?

Join your local club as the local clubs help keep the areas open whether its alberta or BC if they have enough members

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty general statement join a club cause they help keep areas open. Then how come there seem to be less and less terrain open to us every year. I think the way things are running now it's only a matter of time. Now if you could bring all the Western Canadian sledders to one group that would be something. United we stand divided we fall. WCSA pool all the individual talent from each existing organization and watch the areas open again. We have to fight for it to keep it and I'd personally like to see it all under one banner. JMO Don't want to rain on anyone's parade.:beer::d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sad hey? Now for all the ppl that say i dont need a club or wont help support. Whatcha going to do when they tell you to bad. Leave?

Look at the multi use color that gives a better representation. If it was just the blue we are almost done.:d:beer:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Again, please feel free to show me the press releases from the BCSF last year that supported sledding when the media was painting us as backcountry terrorists. I couldn't find them on the website, but I did manage to find this handy link to the BCSF organization contacts

Press Release: re Boulder Avalanche
Published by OFFICE March 18th, 2010

The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, British Columbia Snowmobile Federation and Snowmobile Revelstoke Society would like to send our deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the snowmobiler’s caught in the recent avalanche. For over forty years the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club has promoted environmental stewardship and safety programs throughout the area. As members of Canadian Avalanche Center we work closely to promote avalanche awareness to the general snowmobiling public. While it is unfortunate that this incident occurred snowmobiling in the backcountry has inherent risks and through proper education snowmobilers are able to make better informed decisions while recreating in the mountains. The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club will continue to promote snowmobile backcountry safety to all recreational snowmobilers in an effort to reduce this type of incident.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the volunteers with the Provincial Emergency Program from Revelstoke and the surrounding communities. We would also like to thank Mayor Dave Raven and the community of Revelstoke for their support. Thank you to the medical response teams for their quick response to an unfortunate incident. Last but not least thank you to the many snowmobilers that took immediate rescue action on the hill.
BC Snowmobile Federation – The Home of BC’s Sled Community – British Columbia, Canada

There is the press release that was issued by the BCSF, SRS and RSC on Mar. 18/10, it`s on the home page of the BCSF site.

The BCSF was here immediately and worked with us for wks. Media was here from around the world, the SRS office fielded over a 100 calls a day. Then there was the Eagle`s avy the following wknd. Then the criminal investigation.
'Terrorists' is a good one, but I think we were portrayed more like redneck, beer swilling, non-supporting, no regard for life losers.

$50,000 for Revelstoke Search and Rescue

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Press Release: re Boulder Avalanche
Published by OFFICE March 18th, 2010

The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, British Columbia Snowmobile Federation and Snowmobile Revelstoke Society would like to send our deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the snowmobiler’s caught in the recent avalanche. For over forty years the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club has promoted environmental stewardship and safety programs throughout the area. As members of Canadian Avalanche Center we work closely to promote avalanche awareness to the general snowmobiling public. While it is unfortunate that this incident occurred snowmobiling in the backcountry has inherent risks and through proper education snowmobilers are able to make better informed decisions while recreating in the mountains. The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club will continue to promote snowmobile backcountry safety to all recreational snowmobilers in an effort to reduce this type of incident.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the volunteers with the Provincial Emergency Program from Revelstoke and the surrounding communities. We would also like to thank Mayor Dave Raven and the community of Revelstoke for their support. Thank you to the medical response teams for their quick response to an unfortunate incident. Last but not least thank you to the many snowmobilers that took immediate rescue action on the hill.
BC Snowmobile Federation – The Home of BC’s Sled Community – British Columbia, Canada

There is the press release that was issued by the BCSF, SRS and RSC on Mar. 18/10, it`s on the home page of the BCSF site.

The BCSF was here immediately and worked with us for wks. Media was here from around the world, the SRS office fielded over a 100 calls a day. Then there was the Eagle`s avy the following wknd. Then the criminal investigation.
'Terrorists' is a good one, but I think we were portrayed more like redneck, beer swilling, non-supporting, no regard for life losers.

$50,000 for Revelstoke Search and Rescue

The proper terminology should have been accident not incident. Could it have been avoided possibly but I'm sure all or most accidents when you look back with 20/20 could have been avoided but hey at the end of the day chit happens on hiways, byways, and in the mountians sometimes. Next time chit happens I hope the organizations that represent sledders can do a little better job of shining possative light on the situation. Boulder last winter was tragic however that being said alot of cool headed peeps prevailed to rescue a bunch of others. When you review stats your chances of coming up after being buried and still be alive are 50/50 so it could have been alot worse, so what took place on Boulder was a miracle my deepest respect for all who helped out. THATS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PORTRAYED IN THE MEDIA BY OUR REPRESENTATION AND WE ALL KNOW THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. NOW WE ALL HAVE TO FIGHT THE CHIT RAP LIKE REDNECK BEER DRINKIN YAHOOS. BCSF THANKS FOR NOTHIN. AFTER THE REPRESENTATION BY A CLOWN CRF IN THIS SAME POST YOUR ORGANISATION WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER CONTRIBUTION FROM ME. CAN YOU SAY ABC.:d

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We were told by our lawyers to refer to the avalanche as an incident, an accident is an act of God.
I disagree with your comment that it couldn`t have been avoided, these types of snowmobiling incidents and many others can be prevented with proper education.
It didn`t matter what the media was told, their mandate is to sell news.
I think the BCSF, RSC and SRS did shine a positive light on the incident.
People now know that this was a self rescue and it`s because of snowmobilers carrying avalanche equipment and educating themselves on how to use it.
Through meetings with other groups involved in the rescue, problems were addressed, equipment updated and protocol reviewed.

The BCSF has been representing snowmobilers in this prov. for 46 yrs. They have represented the RSC for 42 yrs. You can thank them for us even being able to snowmobile in the Revelstoke area.
BCSF snowmobile clubs will not be paying $1 per trail pass and $5 per membership to the CAC. Those monies will be spent on safety programs through the BCSF to "provide proper education so that snowmobilers are able to make better informed decisions while recreating in the mountains" just like it says in the press release. Snowmobilers were not only fatally injured in avalanches last season.

The RSC and SRS will be making substancial donations to the CAC this season but we want to see the donations benefit snowmobilers. We will also continue to be members of and work with the CAC to promote avalanche awareness as we have since 2003. The CAC is attending our club meeting Mon. Nov. 1.

Exactly what has the ABC done for you?

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were told by our lawyers to refer to the avalanche as an incident, an accident is an act of God.
I disagree with your comment that it couldn`t have been avoided, these types of snowmobiling incidents and many others can be prevented with proper education.
It didn`t matter what the media was told, their mandate is to sell news.
I think the BCSF, RSC and SRS did shine a positive light on the incident.
People now know that this was a self rescue and it`s because of snowmobilers carrying avalanche equipment and educating themselves on how to use it.
Through meetings with other groups involved in the rescue, problems were addressed, equipment updated and protocol reviewed.

The BCSF has been representing snowmobilers in this prov. for 46 yrs. They have represented the RSC for 42 yrs. You can thank them for us even being able to snowmobile in the Revelstoke area.
BCSF snowmobile clubs will not be paying $1 per trail pass and $5 per membership to the CAC. Those monies will be spent on safety programs through the BCSF to "provide proper education so that snowmobilers are able to make better informed decisions while recreating in the mountains" just like it says in the press release. Snowmobilers were not only fatally injured in avalanches last season.

The RSC and SRS will be making substancial donations to the CAC this season but we want to see the donations benefit snowmobilers. We will also continue to be members of and work with the CAC to promote avalanche awareness as we have since 2003. The CAC is attending our club meeting Mon. Nov. 1.

Exactly what has the ABC done for you?

Never said it couldn't have been avoided try to keep your chit straight. Act of God debatable he made the snow pack last winter. Lots of experienced sledders on hand rode all day without "incident". That being said we rode that weekend down south due to the CAC warning, we had planned to go to Revy but when the CAC puts a red banner on its site time to make alternate trip plans. ABC will be the one I support if BCSF is the one you support great there both getting funded. Guess at the end of the day thats all that matters.:d:beer:

Top Bottom