Track speed vs ground speed or mpi viper 162 vs summit t3 174

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lay a smack down on Yamaha 180 kits with a stock 163 xm I don't think the t3 will have a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Must not be set up right. I had turbos and ride with them and don't ever fool yourself or the people you hang with that you will out do one of these sleds. Turbo power at elevation will not be beat whether its 180HP or 270.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
After riding the 163 and 174 t3 , there track speeds both work,,,, about the same as the regular 2014 163 summitx... So think what you will... These things just outright climb... And I have a rt1000 162" that I do my compare against and it's clutched geared and tricked out to climb!!! Let the mountains determine what will happen... You naysayers will be surprised

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what were yah seeing for maintained track speeds ric?
I don't supposed yah asked if the speedo was calibrated for the 7t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They have had 2 full seasons of testing on these sleds ... They are slick and ya, speedo is calibrated to the sled... These aren't pieced together pos... They are built and complete

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends 163 pro with a turbo will out sled his dads 174x3" pro with a 858 big bore.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it should. No stock sled will out run a turbo. I don't know why some think otherwise though.

I agree, at altitude a stocker is way down on HP and I don't care how well set-up the stocker is the fact is it doesn't have the HP at altitude.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have had 2 full seasons of testing on these sleds ... They are slick and ya, speedo is calibrated to the sled... These aren't pieced together pos... They are built and complete

So you are saying that Kuster's shop already contains the next generation post-T3 sleds. And you didn't find them behind some locked door?!?!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We were told they will take all 4 prototypes back to brp and completely tear them apart and analyze every nut/bolt/piece/component for durability/wear etc.... And make any improvements required.... I honestly could not see any, other than electric start, quick clickers ;), turbo -- hehehe

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting he has a hidden and locked storage area for the true prototype sleds. Like you said, he had T3s 2 years for two years with many people through his place and no one ever mentioned seeing a huge Doo. False walls? False book case?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting he has a hidden and locked storage area for the true prototype sleds. Like you said, he had T3s 2 years for two years with many people through his place and no one ever mentioned seeing a huge Doo. False walls? False book case?

look at ricks photo from the front of carls shop a bit closer.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

brp reps and engineers etc have had them constantly testing for 2 years..... 1 is not driven, 1 is toured around by one of the brp reps, and other 2 float around western Canada and north west u.s. ....... just so happens we were at kuster's when both sleds were there at same time :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those 2 sleds came from Jackson Hole. Carl had 2 before but they were taken for the BC and Alberta reps to tour around to dealers. Most of the testing was done at Grand Lake, Colorado at the Mountain Test facility there. They may have been to Carls a couple times over the last 2 years for Western Canada calibration but most testing is done at the Colorado facility with Chris Ruske.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo doo running about 10lbs of boost with a 174 and extended chaincase. I've ridden with boost-it Vipers and can say that they work well both in the trees and out in the open. That being said I'm sure my sled would outperform an MPI kit but I think it would be a pretty close race.

The Vipers are a very impressive machine.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Often times the true proto's are wrapped in previous year's bodywork, even if its just barely held on there sometimes. We ran into a couple prototypes a few years ago, one was all stock looking and one had a flat black thrasher style hood on it. Until you looked closely and started picking up on the details (different front arms, seat etc), you couldn't even really tell. Both our parties were stopped, so we got a little look but the sleds were still all covered in snow. If they were passing you on the trail or just rode past, you wouldn't be able to tell.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Especially with the platform the same. Sled may look like a regular XM with a longer track on it. Hell it took me 2 rides before I realized my riding buddy had put a 3 inch track on his. Lol. Couldn't figure out why he was climbing so much higher than me and his kid.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm confident the 2016/17/18/19 test prototypes are floating around somewhere, maybe in the factory, the USA or at Carls. ....who knows.

The Prototypes we were riding were the Pre-Production Models. There have been others before these for testing.
I'm pretty sure they kept us happily drinking so we wouldn't see anything we shouldn't.....lol
All I can say is the ride was "Awesome".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396976167.752531.jpg

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years back 2009-2010 we Help a guy stuck in a tree well with a xp when he started it up didn't sound like a two stroke.
I didn't think much about it until I heard a Etec start up.
So they are out there testing thing all the time

Top Bottom