Tell me why you ride without a radio?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Radio only good if everyone has one.

Guys aren't staying the night because they don't have a radio, they are staying the night because they aren't looking out for each other. Maybe they need better friends

Each rider having a radio would help the group look out of eachother a bit more, at least I feel it would.
Our group will sometimes end up split up all over in the trees and certain areas. We all have radios and will do random check in's making sure everyone is still alright

Last year I forgot to charge my battery. And it died. The boys still did a pretty good job figuring out which tracks were mine. Found me having a snack sitting in the trees. Now I carry a spare battery.

That's one of the things we require others to have, should they want to ride with us.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How does that meeting go? "It's getting dark boys, let's head for the trucks."
"Jack's not here,anybody seen him?"
"No? Ok,fawk'em,we're outta here."
Radio only good if everyone has one.

Guys aren't staying the night because they don't have a radio, they are staying the night because they aren't looking out for each other. Maybe they need better friends

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with the same group of 5-6 guys for years with out radios. My father, uncles, brothers. As I started riding with different groups as I got older. Radios are a life saver, every group has different values and views about what’s going on. Had a green guy with us once before radios. He started dropping down the bush because he couldn’t get turned around. Into what turns into a cliff if you go to far. Couldn’t get out himself. Only thing saved him was that he had dual carbide Simons on and a we caught onto his trail. Got everyone down by about 9:30. Last trip I did without my rhino.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We never used to have radios, and we’d all stay together when out riding. Now when I go out I bring all three of my radios and hand them out to those who don’t have one. They’re a great tool for sure.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 378

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has it been decided what one channel to use in case of emergency on a BCA radio

Top Bottom