Sunshine not so Shiny

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mixed views in the comments. some say they expanded without considering parking and others saying the govt is trying to squeeze them out. but I`m guessing skiers are now feeling and seeing what sledders and quaders are going through.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet its revenge for JT, he probably got wasn't allowed on the big kids lifts when he was young and they wouldn't hire him as a snowboard instructor 5 years ago.

If you think about it if Hitler had gotten into art school ww2 probably wouldn't have happened and if sunshine had hired him we wouldn't be in this debocal

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mixed views in the comments. some say they expanded without considering parking and others saying the govt is trying to squeeze them out. but I`m guessing skiers are now feeling and seeing what sledders and quaders are going through.

Exactly!! The masses are now becoming the target of the radical greenies. The big resorts in the national parks and elsewhere have never been under the microscope for development, wildlife corridor encroachment, water use and effluent discharge concerns etc. It’s about time. Maybe if the general public begins to be the target of elitist environmental groups they’ll start paying attention to who is pulling their strings and what their motives are!

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greenies happy about this as well

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I heard on the radio, isn't this like extortion? If you don't sign this new agreement your lease will be terminated?

Edit nm just read the first line of the article.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone that has money in TD.
e4d5fd05ddf379552afec3a66a77d673.jpg

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government has been after them to address this issue since I worked there in 2000. They seemed to play thei gnor it and we'll get what we want card.
However the 42 year lease in its ours for a 1$ is something screwy.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government has been after them to address this issue since I worked there in 2000. They seemed to play thei gnor it and we'll get what we want card.
However the 42 year lease in its ours for a 1$ is something screwy.
That place is gonna be so run down by then. They are not gonna sink a cent into it.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a hard time thinking that contract could be binding. The crown would run that place into the ground and if ssv refused to remove everything they would just leave it like what happened at fortress.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a hard time thinking that contract could be binding. The crown would run that place into the ground and if ssv refused to remove everything they would just leave it like what happened at fortress.

I started skiing in the hills just before Fortress was closed down. I always wanted to go, but got out numbered by friends as it was a shorter smaller hill. I had to do some googling and see what it looks like nowadays. Surprised to see it was purchased by a Canadian and has been open for cat skiing for some time now. They recently applied for approval to install new lifts and revamp the entire place top to bottom. Sounds like if they get approved it is reopening its doors in the future.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Those dicks tried to hang another good friend out to dry years ago.
Bunch of assholes trying to spin stuff their way
How would you like if your 20 year old daughter was working at Sunshine and old man Scurfield was creeping on her to try and take her back to his special cabin?

They’re not getting treated differently than anyone else in the National Park.

I remember back in early 2000’s when friends at sunshine said Parks would let them expand their usable terrain if they gave back or environmentally improved another area
They’ve been told the same thing for 15 years and are whining now?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like him or not its just another case of the federal or provincials governments war on outdoor backcountry recreation. That is what the issue is again here.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like him or not its just another case of the federal or provincials governments war on outdoor backcountry recreation. That is what the issue is again here.
I'm going to take a hard disagreement here. This is a case of someone who thinks they dont need to abide by rules and had notoriously ****ed people over. I'd love to agree and in most cases I do. But this has been long time coming (over 20 years of not collaborating with parks)

Top Bottom