Summit 1000 questions

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Thought I would check to see if there was anyone out there with a summit 1000 that has installed a fuel pressure gauge to keep on top of the notorious problem of the fuel pump failing?

also what setting do you guys find works the best on the secondary, I have it on 3 now but find there is a few fat spots where it doesn't seem to rip as hard, I am not sure if that is the problem but I thought I would start there, it is a cheap adjustment, The top end was just done and it pulls really hard all over the place but I just find one or two spots where it doesn't quite hit as hard, any ideas?

I mostly ride at valemont but there are some trips to revy and golden planned for this year.

please share any other secrets or hard lessons you have experienced on your 1000's

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thought I would check to see if there was anyone out there with a summit 1000 that has installed a fuel pressure gauge to keep on top of the notorious problem of the fuel pump failing?

also what setting do you guys find works the best on the secondary, I have it on 3 now but find there is a few fat spots where it doesn't seem to rip as hard, I am not sure if that is the problem but I thought I would start there, it is a cheap adjustment, The top end was just done and it pulls really hard all over the place but I just find one or two spots where it doesn't quite hit as hard, any ideas?

I mostly ride at valemont but there are some trips to revy and golden planned for this year.

please share any other secrets or hard lessons you have experienced on your 1000's
HEY DIESEL..... I JUST GOT MY SLED BACK FROM MARTIN EQUIPMENT FROM JERRY(SHOP FOREMAN) AND HE LOVES THESE SLEDS AND REALLY KNOWS HOW TO DIAL THEM IN. HE ADJUSTED MY RAVES, THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR(ONLY HAD 82% THROTTLE) AND INSTALLED THE KNEW HI-PO MAPPING..... LEANS THEM OUT IN MID RANGE ETC...... SEEMS WAY SNORKIER NOW THAN BEFORE, AND I REALLY ENJOYED IT BEFORE.....WOW!!!! ALL THIS NEW TUNING AND THE DYNAMO JOE HELIX AND QUICK CLICKERS(ALL SET ON 3 AND SECONDARY ON 3) AND THE "DUCK" INSTALLED, WITH A MBRP CAN, REALLY SEEMS TO RIP...... CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT IN THE HILLS NOW. I ALSO HAVE A TIMBERSLED AIR FILTER KIT TO GO ON STILL, AND WILL TRY PIPES AND BOONDOCKER SOON, I HOPE. JERRY SAID WITH THE PIPES, YOU HAVE TO GET CREATIVE AND MOVE THE COMPUTER, AND RELAYS UP HIGHER, OR THE HEAT WILL AFFECT THESE COMPONENTS AND START MELTING THEM......... WOW, AND I THOUGHT MY SLED REALLY RIPPED BEFORE........

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine has 2006 summit 1000 they put twin crank shop pipes on it last year and on the dyno they lost 4hp no matter what they did they couldn't get any more out of it.So he left the stock pipe on.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Boondocker, and a Digitron on mine. The midrange runs lean on these engines, and the top end runs FAT. I run at around +3-+5 in the mid range, and down to -12 on top.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I am pretty happy with the power of the sled, I just want to cover my butt so I don't have to rebuild again it was costly and not really a fun job. It just seems like when you come off the throttle and then lean back into it it's a little flat. It could be that things aren't seated yet as I have only put on about 10 kms since the rebuild and I am only running on the low side of the rpm because of it for break in I try to keep it less than half throttle for a while so maybe once the break-in is done when I open the throttle all the way it will stop that flat spot:confused:

does anyone know of a good deal on digatrons? I have been watching on ebay and similiar sites but not much luck. I like all the fancy stuff but I like a deal on everything.

did you find that the boondocker was woth the money, did it make a big change?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you find that the boondocker was woth the money, did it make a big change?

The BDB works great with a digitron. Just a few pushes of the buttons and you can get your exhaust temps where you want them. I like to run safe so I have my warnings set at 1250* on my Digitron. I was at +3 in the 6700 rpm range, and was seeing 1270* on Friday at Silent Pass. Bumped up to +6 and held 1150*.....a real nice tuning combo in my opinion.:thumbsup2:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1000 just got rebuilt too and I just took it for the first ride on tuesday. Well not rebuilt, it got a brand new short block. I put about 60 km on it, and it definatly ran better towards the end of the ride. Your sled should become a little more responsive the next time you ride it.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1000 just got rebuilt too and I just took it for the first ride on tuesday. Well not rebuilt, it got a brand new short block. I put about 60 km on it, and it definatly ran better towards the end of the ride. Your sled should become a little more responsive the next time you ride it.

Nice sled doublek.....for sure my favorite looking RT's.:cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I've Decided Against Running Twin Pipes For Now.... Gonna Finish Putting In The Timbersled Air Filter Kit And Clutching Is Now Done... Found Out I Only Had 82% Throttle When Jerry At Martin Farm Equipment Remapped My Injection System. Took The Big Blue Girl Down The Street And Sure Seems To Jump Now, Wow!!!! And I Thought It Went Good Before!

Attachments

• snowandmud.com 1st annual mountain mania 071.JPG
    snowandmud.com 1st annual mountain mania 071.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 95

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D Dont forget guy'sthat in the hill's the air is thinner,so you want to run single pipes,you lose HP with twins or tripples,you need the backpressure,and dont look at the HP,what u want is the torque,alot of guys make this mistake,ya they sound cool but only for flat land racing...if you could dyno here and up at 8000ft you would see the differance.

SNOWHAWK

Reaction score
Well i am the biggest doo doo guy around but... My rt has spent more time in the shop than on the hill last trip i needed to get towed 2 of 3 days. martins had it for 3 weeks and could not fix the problem. i have neve had more problems on any sled i have ever owned

dont get me wrong this thing is bad ass but.......

Fuel pump gone 200miles
2nd fuel pump gone 230miles
coil gone 310miles
tps gone wont rev up then reves down and chunks plugs... 450 miles
chain gone 500 miles

need i go on every trip it dies in one way or another

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Well i am the biggest doo doo guy around but... My rt has spent more time in the shop than on the hill last trip i needed to get towed 2 of 3 days. martins had it for 3 weeks and could not fix the problem. i have neve had more problems on any sled i have ever owned

dont get me wrong this thing is bad ass but.......

Fuel pump gone 200miles
2nd fuel pump gone 230miles
coil gone 310miles
tps gone wont rev up then reves down and chunks plugs... 450 miles
chain gone 500 miles

need i go on every trip it dies in one way or another

thats the boat I am in I have rode for half a day this year, and spent alot of time working on it, I hope that everthing works well this weekend, I am tired of fixing I just want to ride. I have heard a ton of different stories about these sleds, some guys love them and some guys hate, I would just like to get the bugs worked out so that I can get a few days riding in so that I can judge for myself.

riding in Valemont tommorow, keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Top Bottom