Hey guys!

SkidooDave

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am totally new to snowmobiling and me and my girlfriend both bought a Skidoo
Mines a 2013 Skidoo summit 800r etec and my girlfriends is a 2011 Skidoo summit 800 both have the 154” track.
I find it hard to find any information of where to ride or where to find the good trails and snow! We are wanting to get more experienced by starting off slow and just ride some trails before going in the deep snow lol
We are thinking we want to go out on some day trips to rocky or somewhere out that direction. We are are by pigeon lake.
Hoping to find some helpful tips and tricks and maybe meet some people to ride with for a day or something!

Thanks!!

Dave & Danielle

Attachments

• 291874D5-9CCB-446F-ADD3-9B46E8F973EC.jpeg
    291874D5-9CCB-446F-ADD3-9B46E8F973EC.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 187

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Navigate through the site, its slow now but will pick up. You will find some good info on here. Til then do some snow dancing

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
First, get some covers for those machines if you dont have already. LOL
Road salt and grime is terrible....

Have a look at the Alberta snowmobile page.....

Has clubs, events, rides, etc.....

Have fun and enjoy those new whips....

Welcome to the snowmobile community...

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From looking at the sleds on the trailer I would look into getting some ski clamps tied down like you have it one hard stop and the sleds will be into the back of your rig find a local club with trails and take weekend rides it would be also in your interest to ride with someone that knows about snowmobiles if you have trouble with your sleds you said you were new to the sport there is a lot of things that can break down have fun my wife and I have been sledding for over 30 years

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From looking at the sleds on the trailer I would look into getting some ski clamps tied down like you have it one hard stop and the sleds will be into the back of your rig find a local club with trails and take weekend rides it would be also in your interest to ride with someone that knows about snowmobiles if you have trouble with your sleds you said you were new to the sport there is a lot of things that can break down have fun my wife and I have been sledding for over 30 years

I remember my early days getting geared up. Used sleds, 2WD truck, and a rickety open trailer actually not nearly as nice as this guy's, and off we went!

Then I added a home brew salt shield, upgraded covers, then an enclosed trailer but it all took years to flange up when getting started out.

Welcome to the site, D&D! Have fun and stay safe out there.

Top Bottom