Sturgeon Riders

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread for sledders in the Sturgeon area north Of Edmonton and St Albert including Namao, Cardiff, Morinville, Gibbons and surrounding areas. Need to keep myself busy some how waiting for snow so I figured why not. With the warm weather today I decided to pull the sled out and stretch it's legs a bit before most of the snow melts. Felt good...
IMG_0828.jpg

I was able to find some deep snow... relatively. Well deep for my dog. She was up to her belly, but it doesn't take much.
IMG_0832.jpg

I think the only person around here to have some decent seat time this season is my daughter. She's loving it and wants me to be to be able to ride too. Hopefully soon but mother nature needs to get it together.
143.jpg

On a side note I've seen tracks on the Sturgeon River. Way too early folks. Hold off. :beer:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime you want to head out around here let me know. Been out a few times. Coming home from quadding most of the snow we did have is gone now.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I live in Edmonton and either him or I or both would be more than happy to come on out for a ride! Message myself or QuintinG if you ever want to go out! :)

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will keep both of you in mind. There are a bunch of locals that get together once in a while. Hope for snow.

Here's a horribly armature video from last year of some snow & mud members.:beer:

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I live in Edmonton and either him or I or both would be more than happy to come on out for a ride! Message myself or QuintinG if you ever want to go out! :)
He was saying you have a sled. We should go riding while he is up there and send him pics lol.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow somewhere! Not sure where yet. Worst case it will be around here but may load up and head north or west. Post up if interested early sunday morn..

DieselDemon

Reaction score
Hey count me in for rides any time, I'm in Morinville and there is a half decent stanging area behind my house.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just south of Westlock on hiway 44, so when we get some snow, we'ed sure like to get together with some ppl and go riding. I ride right from my back yard, so if anyone is in the area and wants to bust up some snow....when we get some, send me a PM. :D

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just south of Westlock on hiway 44, so when we get some snow, we'ed sure like to get together with some ppl and go riding. I ride right from my back yard, so if anyone is in the area and wants to bust up some snow....when we get some, send me a PM. :D
I am going to long island lake since no one wants to go riding today. Did you get anymore snow since last weekend that way?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the last week. Had a dusting of it yesterday. Not enough around here to ride. I havent been up to the trails, so I cant say whats there, but I imagine its the same as here. If you go, post up what you find. Im hoping to go for a ride next weekend, but I was thinking Swan Hills ( Goose Tower ). Thanks. :D

09m1000le

Reaction score
I'm so down to go for a rip some where's I wanna go rip the new sled tested a bit last weekend at the farm but not enuf snow how much is out by long island lake

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I will go with plan B. I am loading up right away and once I can find the map and staging area for swan hills I am heading out there. Sounds like from there along that snow belt to Edson and Robb had a heavy snow fall warning last night.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so down to go for a rip some where's I wanna go rip the new sled tested a bit last weekend at the farm but not enuf snow how much is out by long island lake
See my post if you want to go and can be ready soon lets go.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just printed up some maps. Cant find anything good of swan hills just whitecourt. If that works let me know. I just have to get dressed then load up and will be on the road within the hour.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is staring to suck. Hardly enough snow to cover the lugs on my track around Namao, and nothing much in the forecast that I can see. If we don't get anything soon I'll be doing some traveling.

Top Bottom