Snowmobile Extended Warranty

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3600 for 850 shortblock which if your handy probably isnt worth the extended warranty. But on the new factory turbo my concern is ingesting something into that rotax turbo which is also 3500$ so potential for some major damage in a failure
Anybody ever blown out a shock or broke a suspension which tore a track? Not cheap either. I agree if you only care about the motor it is an easier decision.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like anything, depends on your dealer if it is a PIA or not. Mine delt with it like it was a Polaris warranty and I never had to chase it down.

Ive had bad experiences with extended warranty on used vehicles. Never again.

If it makes sense to you, then i cant argue with that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant even get tracks or broken suspension covered on skidoo factory warranty...

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2500-$5500 depending on if it is from the factory or an aftermarket rebuilder and if it is a newer design or old sled motor.

When I got my warranty there was some room for price negotiations too. And I compared it to a rebuild with my labour. It was a litlle more but included coverage on the rest of the sled too.
All these aftermarket and extended factory warranty prices are negotiable. Huge dealer markup.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the doo ext warrantee can be a PITA. Just hope you have good dealer. I have always heard good thing about POO warrantee. Back in 2003 when they built their last competitive mountain sled, (prior to the dominating REV platform:skidoo: ) I was off warrantee and they still covered my water pump on my escape under good will. Cycle works seems treat people really well when warrantee was involved.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the doo ext warrantee can be a PITA. Just hope you have good dealer. I have always heard good thing about POO warrantee. Back in 2003 when they built their last competitive mountain sled, (prior to the dominating REV platform:skidoo: ) I was off warrantee and they still covered my water pump on my escape under good will. Cycle works seems treat people really well when warrantee was involved.
To this anecdote all I can say is this embedded Twitter movie quote:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems the skidoo warranty isn't worth the paper its written on lately.
That’s the reason I don’t have a BRP side-by-side or ATV. Warranty on cam am is brutal. I had a torn CV boot on my wildcat XX. Drove to barhead this morning to change it while I waited they inspected the axle and order me a new one. Said it needs changing from getting dirt in it. I was in and out in an hour and a half I’m already back in Edmonton machine fixed ready to go. And I have a brand new CV axle for the front coming on warranty. New boot on the old one. Your break an axle on the Can-Am and you need a soil sample to verify what kind of mud you were in before they even look at warranty lol

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
That’s the reason I don’t have a BRP side-by-side or ATV. Warranty on cam am is brutal. I had a torn CV boot on my wildcat XX. Drove to barhead this morning to change it while I waited they inspected the axle and order me a new one. Said it needs changing from getting dirt in it. I was in and out in an hour and a half I’m already back in Edmonton machine fixed ready to go. And I have a brand new CV axle for the front coming on warranty. New boot on the old one. Your break an axle on the Can-Am and you need a soil sample to verify what kind of mud you were in before they even look at warranty lol
Sounds like a dealer issue. I deal with Gateway in Rocky Mountain House for all Can-Am and Skidoo warranty..... i drop it off and then pick it up then pick it up when its done...not one issue ever....never any questions asked...and i've been told im "hard on equipment" lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever blown out a shock or broke a suspension which tore a track? Not cheap either. I agree if you only care about the motor it is an easier decision.
But warranty don't cover rails or tracks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a dealer issue. I deal with Gateway in Rocky Mountain House for all Can-Am and Skidoo warranty..... i drop it off and then pick it up then pick it up when its done...not one issue ever....never any questions asked...and i've been told im "hard on equipment" lol
Hopefully with gateway now becoming riderz they will continue to operate that way

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough I’ve had success getting Polaris to cover rails, tracks and bogey wheels. Dealer is the difference in many cases.
I walked into my dealership with a box of destroyed belts, what was left of belts off my 2017 850 lol they were less then pleased
But did what they could to help me out, belts be poppin at 100km that was a nightmare sled for many reasons i said i would never get the first year again and here i am waiting for my 2023 850t lol with 2 year warrenty will def be looking at adding min 3rd year warrenty

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But warranty don't cover rails or tracks
Not normally for factory warranty but on another forum a guy said he got all kinds of wear items covered with this warranty. And just so you know I have had 2 clutches and 2 tracks covered by Polaris factory warranty.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting guys are getting wear items covered. The factories are pretty black and white on that stuff so guessing the dealer is submitting bogus claims for something else where they don’t have to return a part to prove the problem? Oil leaks, electrical shorts diagnosis or something like that. I know it’s tough with BRP to get anything close to wear related pushed through. Doesn’t matter who you are and how big a dealer you are.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the kids freeride back from dealer
Complete new motor and injector and odd parts
6800 no charge warranty claim
But had to pay 160 for some cooling systems hoses that lay under the motor that were wearing thru
Last time i checked those hoses should not be a wear item. They just lay there lol
Oh well sometimes its not worth fighting about as dealer has been really good to us

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the kids freeride back from dealer
Complete new motor and injector and odd parts
6800 no charge warranty claim
But had to pay 160 for some cooling systems hoses that lay under the motor that were wearing thru
Last time i checked those hoses should not be a wear item. They just lay there lol
Oh well sometimes its not worth fighting about as dealer has been really good to us

Lol no part of the cooling system should be a wear item other than the thermostat. But I’m not surprised. At least you got 6800 out of it I wouldn’t argue either

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing is that aftermarket warranty doesn't ask for the BUDS report from Doo dealers. I was told to wait until my BRP warranty is just about up; then buy the aftermarket warranty if you want to flash your factory turbo. From what I have checked out it's about $800/year. My sled has three years BRP, and I can put up to an additional four years aftermarket if I do it before my BRP warranty expires next January. I will likely go three years so it will still have warranty when it comes time to sell.

Top Bottom