Extended Warranty

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a search on here about extended warranties but not much info. I know allot of readers don't believe in them but then allot of those folk get a new sled every 2-3 years so don't worry about it. I'm of course a Doo guy but is anyone aware of any private companies that sell extended and are good to deal with. The BEST warranty and IWS have gone up nearly 50% from last year!🤯

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they really jacked the price up cheapest is to buy it the day you pick it up I guess

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought an extended warranty for a Polaris. I went throught the dealer but it was not a Polaris warranty. It had to be bought prior to the original 4 year warranty ending. I did it a month before and the motor let go a month after. Got a new motor, no questions asked and was done right away although I had to wait a good month for them to approve it. I just went out on a limb and said I would pay if they didn't. It was in 2018 so prices may have gone up but I negotiated for a price of about $1400 for 2 extra years, bumper to bumper. Im glad I did it. I expect most dealers can sell you similar. My other option was to give the sled a fresh top end but it would have cost me at least 50% of that, if I had done my own work.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, all these companies are just making consumers pay in the end, one way or another. What's the point of having extended warranty if it costs more than the sled is worth by the time you need it. I hope people remember this when things get back to something close to resembling normal, I know I will. Hope you are listening FORD!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worked out great for me had the factory 3 year warranty and got an another 3 year on my xm 10,000 km later they rebuilt my whole sled sweet deal

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wildcat xx Came with six months. I Bought 4 years extra from IWS About 1 year ago. I believe it was around $2000. Once you’re off the factory warranty you can go to specialty motorsports or anywhere you want and have warranty work done

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I did find out is that you can only buy the BEST warranty with the factory 3 year warranty period. My sled came with the optional 4 year warranty and because the 3 years is already up, can't buy the BEST! Very weird but my only option now is to go with a private company, and before the 4 years is up! I know, just go buy a new sled!!! :cool:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the new snow checks come with 3 year warranty as of this year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Something I did find out is that you can only buy the BEST warranty with the factory 3 year warranty period. My sled came with the optional 4 year warranty and because the 3 years is already up, can't buy the BEST! Very weird but my only option now is to go with a private company, and before the 4 years is up! I know, just go buy a new sled!!! :cool:
You beat me to it!!

Top Bottom