Snowmobile Extended Warranty

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, but after 2 years if you plan on keeping these fancy new turbo snowmobiles you better have 8k in your pocket for a rebuild or pray your sled drinks oil like a MF
Cheaper to sell it and buy new.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheaper to sell it and buy new.
Or buy the aftermarket warranty for 2 years for under $2,000. It sounds like alot but it is bumper to bumper coverage. Most dealers offer it if you buy it before your factory waranty runs out. I had good luck with it and wll likely add it to my 2019 before Fall if I decide to keep it.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Or buy the aftermarket warranty for 2 years for under $2,000. It sounds like alot but it is bumper to bumper coverage. Most dealers offer it if you buy it before your factory waranty runs out. I had good luck with it and wll likely add it to my 2019 before Fall if I decide to keep it.
I just checked on my Turbo skidoo to add BRP factory warrantee and it was 2K for third year, which other company offers this warrantee you speak of?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked on my Turbo skidoo to add BRP factory warrantee and it was 2K for third year, which other company offers this warrantee you speak of?
I got mine at Cycleworks and don't remember the company name now. It was $1400 for 2 years at the end of the 4th year warranty of my 2015 Pro. (around 2019) I'm pretty sure they would cover any brand as they cover other types of vehicles too. I was worried if they would pull through when the motor went down 1 month in, but they did. It took a while so I went out on a limb with the dealer and gave them my credit card to get things moving. Was riding in about 1 week and never got a bill other than maybe a $50 deductible.

There are a few, it could have been this one: https://pppcoverage.com/snowmobiles.html or https://www.iwsinc.ca/plans_ams.php#snowmobile

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Cycleworks and don't remember the company name now. It was $1400 for 2 years at the end of the 4th year warranty of my 2015 Pro. (around 2019) I'm pretty sure they would cover any brand as they cover other types of vehicles too. I was worried if they would pull through when the motor went down 1 month in, but they did. It took a while so I went out on a limb with the dealer and gave them my credit card to get things moving. Was riding in about 1 week and never got a bill other than maybe a $50 deductible.

There are a few, it could have been this one: https://pppcoverage.com/snowmobiles.html or https://www.iwsinc.ca/plans_ams.php#snowmobile
IWS. That’s a good warranty Cycle Works sells . Even cover broken Axels torn CV boots. Wheelbearings. Suspension bushings. Pretty much everything but tires and brakes

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just priced out extended warranty through cycle works. It was just under $2400 for 2 years through IWS. will probably add it to my 2018 before my warranty runs out in the fall.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a short block cost?
$2500-$5500 depending on if it is from the factory or an aftermarket rebuilder and if it is a newer design or old sled motor.

When I got my warranty there was some room for price negotiations too. And I compared it to a rebuild with my labour. It was a litlle more but included coverage on the rest of the sled too.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy grenaded his sled at 3000 miles rod met block, he got a brp block for around 3000 all said and done doing it himself he was just over 5gs 2019 850 n/a

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other part of the equation is "How quick can I get my sled back on the snow?" A rebuild might take longer than a shortblock if anything needs machining. There is no way to be sure it will be quick these days so maybe a spare sled is the only answer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 2400$ for extended warranty, think id just fix it myself when it breaks down.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of warrantee. Rather than buying ext warrantee, I would be trying to upgrade model years that have warrantee. Kinda have to be johnny on the spot to find the deals, and sell at the right time.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely want warranty on a brand new sled when you pay 25000$

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 2400$ for extended warranty, think id just fix it myself when it breaks down.
It is for 2 years so $1200/year. If you did a motor one year and had something else come apart the second year?? Clutch, track, electrical, chaincase explode?? Then you go and sell it while it is still under warranty? Might make your sled better than the next guys?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is for 2 years so $1200/year. If you did a motor one year and had something else come apart the second year?? Clutch, track, electrical, chaincase explode??
Ya might pay for itself. Might not, depends on how much chit you wreck and how easy they are to deal with.

I wouldnt buy it though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

3600 for 850 shortblock which if your handy probably isnt worth the extended warranty. But on the new factory turbo my concern is ingesting something into that rotax turbo which is also 3500$ so potential for some major damage in a failure

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya might pay for itself. Might not, depends on how much chit you wreck and how easy they are to deal with.

I wouldnt buy it though.
Like anything, depends on your dealer if it is a PIA or not. Mine delt with it like it was a Polaris warranty and I never had to chase it down.

Top Bottom