Snow and Mud 1st Camp Out

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it official.............Bembo's Post Camp,Approx 11 miles off highway 16 on the Luscar Highway just outside Hinton!More details to follow!
catmando!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great spot along a creek and lots of space to put alot of units. Size and riding areas not a problem excellent site. You can ride roads,trails or connect to other areas. Those that fish or those that want to play in the soft stuff can enjoy this area. Easy 25 min. trip to Hinton for supplies(beer) if needed.Will be there Thursday to secure the site.:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This will be an awesome event, it's a shame I wll have to miss out due to other commitments.
Great spot along a creek and lots of space to put alot of units. Size and riding areas not a problem excellent site. You can ride roads,trails or connect to other areas. Those that fish or those that want to play in the soft stuff can enjoy this area. Easy 25 min. trip to Hinton for supplies(beer) if needed.Will be there Thursday to secure the site.:D

GRD

Reaction score
Sorry won't be able to make this event.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
This will be an awesome event, it's a shame I wll have to miss out due to other commitments.

AH, YES, BUT THE GRANDPRIX IS AWESOME(AND ALL THE BABES TOO), AND ALL THE BEERS, ETC. AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DRIVE HOME.... YAHOO. HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER HOLDS OUT LIKE ALL THE YEARS PAST.:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that the one by the green bridge?

About 3 miles toward Jasper from Hinton you turn off towards Luscar(Cardinal River Coal)At 9 miles there is a bit of a climb(this is called 9 mile hill)Aprox. 2 miles farther there is a left turn to Gregg River Cabins(big Sign)Turn Right and go about one kilometer........Bada Boom! Your There!This is Crown Land so you need to be self contained.There also are an abundance of fish cops so register and insure your machines as they do check you.
catmando!
I will be there thursday night as well!

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I am out also.I Don`t care for that 4+ hr. drive with total length of 63ft.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the inconvenience but at our gathering we decicided that there are still a lot of trails that are impassable around Rocky from the last big storm and we all agreed that clearing trails that weekend is not the intention!Hopefully the distance does not deter to many people.It will be worth the drive!
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sorry Safari Guy and all the other's down South and Central. We decided to have by hinton. As the site grows we with have more trips in the future and we will come down to Rocky sometime. We will expand to have more than one campout. I may make it down there myself for a camping trip this year, if the weather decides to change and stops dumping rail in barrels from the sky and making all this work for us.

Otherwise, Catmando, How many RV's can fit in this area, and is there other things to do other than quadding and fishing..

RON

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is about a fifteen minute drive to Hinton,about the same to the sand dunes.There is enough room for as many campers as we will have there and will likely be a few locals there as well!Miette Hot Springs is about 45 mins if that is your thing.The Overlander Lodge is pretty close as well if you want to wine and dine your significant other(expensive).From the post camp there is lots of riding and a few places for fishing.There is also a recreation centre in the valley in Town!Jasper is also plenty close enough for a day trip!
catmando!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
other things to do is you can take a tour of the coal mine or 20 min. drive to Cadomin townsite or the Cadomin Caves or a little further can see whats left of the old townsite of Mountain Park. Or if nothing else just sit at the fire and listen to the river run by and RELAXE:)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Who will be the nice character to help me out and transport my rental quad from Elk Island Polaris to the site for me?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would help ya out but I'm plum full.
catmando!

Top Bottom