Snow and Mud 1st Camp Out

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bah Tyler it really does fit

hahaha, its not mine and I do have insurance on it, so I guess I could do that, now towing my tent trailer at the same time might get interesting, I might have to look into that this weekend. When I head out camping I'll drop the end gate and see how my turning radius will be.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha, its not mine and I do have insurance on it, so I guess I could do that, now towing my tent trailer at the same time might get interesting, I might have to look into that this weekend. When I head out camping I'll drop the end gate and see how my turning radius will be.

Looking at your picture there Tyler, I am guessing that the turning radius won't be affected much. It looks like the trailer is still pretty far away from the tailgate!
But I could be wrong!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at your picture there Tyler, I am guessing that the turning radius won't be affected much. It looks like the trailer is still pretty far away from the tailgate!
But I could be wrong!

I'm actually just going out to line it up/make some measurements now, the tough part maybe getting the trailer on with the gate down, so thats exactly what I'm gonna try :D

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
If it's a polaris, it may be longer than others and most certainly heavier! than the broken down thing to get it back from the rental shop will be fun! hahaha........ am kind of glad its up in hinton,,,,,,,,, have a huge quad tour booked for that time now......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Who will be the nice character to help me out and transport my rental quad from Elk Island Polaris to the site for me?

HEY TG: YOU NEED TO TALK TO RON.... I MENTIONED IT TO HIM, AND HE SAID HE SHOULD HAVE ROOM. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME OUT THERE, AND I'M STILL ENVIOUS(EDMONTON GRANDPRIX HAS PRIORITY).;)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
HEY TG: YOU NEED TO TALK TO RON.... I MENTIONED IT TO HIM, AND HE SAID HE SHOULD HAVE ROOM. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME OUT THERE, AND I'M STILL ENVIOUS(EDMONTON GRANDPRIX HAS PRIORITY).;)

Perfecto, Thanks Boss, I will chat with Ron about it at Joes in 2 weeks time :)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tylerg if you are interested I can get you a quad right in Hinton at a better rate than you will find it anywhere,and it will be delivered to the campsite.Let me know if transportation is an issue this may help!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tylerg if you are interested I can get you a quad right in Hinton at a better rate than you will find it anywhere,and it will be delivered to the campsite.Let me know if transportation is an issue this may help!
catmando!

Catmando, could you get me the info on who I need to talk to etc, cause I will have to cancel my reservation out at Elk Island. That sounds awesome I'm ALWAYS up for cost savings!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Count me in. Too close to home to pass this up and I should be recovered from our poker rally by then.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TURN LEFT OFF THE HIWAY.....TURN RIGHT AFTER THE ROCK, LEFT BEFORE THE BRIDGE, FOLLOW THE ROAD BESIDE THE CREEK TILL THE ROAD Y'S AND LEFT UP OVER THE BEAVER DAMN AND YOURE THERE. LOL

Excellent, Thanks Ric! I guess its a darn good thing I'm putting new tires on the truck tomorrow, otherwise I might end up stuck again..... would hate to see myself stuck on top of a beaver dam.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Excellent, Thanks Ric! I guess its a darn good thing I'm putting new tires on the truck tomorrow, otherwise I might end up stuck again..... would hate to see myself stuck on top of a beaver dam.

When did you buy a truck? :p

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Easy there Murminator.... Its still my Explorer, but being its the "Sport Trac" it is considered a truck in all automotive parts directories, and according to insurance

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tomorrow we will discuss yuor feelings...it' on the list now...lol...:D:D:D

Not necessary, I'm over it..... at least I will be by then.... mmmmm beeer

Anyways, we are WAY off topic....

REMINDER:

We need to make a list of who's all coming so we know how much room to set aside. Please if you are planning on going let us know, PM or email Ron or Catmando. ron@snowandmud.com

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this point it looks like about 6 or 7 campers and growing.A friend of mine is going there thursday morning to secure the spot.I told him to expect 10 to 15 campers so there should be no problem with room.This place could likely hold 50 campers pretty easily.Myself and sledderglen will also be there thursday although not likely untill the evening.Not sure when the others like Ron and tylerg are heading out.As for a map it is much easier to give directions and I'm going to make signs to put at all the turns just in case some of you let your wives drive...........Ba! Ha!.....LOL!.....Just Kidding.
I will post directions and what signs to look for the week before the event.Also I'm going to put on a fireworks show like you never seen and will ask for donations to help cover the cost.I did one this past weekend and have video of it(not sure how the vid turned out but the one I plan for the campout will run about 300.00 dollars More if I get lots of donations) The one I just video taped was about 160.00.Some of the people who seen it could not believe I did not spend a lot more!You will get your monies worth...gauranteed!Thats all for now,my finger's sore!
catmando!

Last edited:
Top Bottom