Sledders threatened with gun

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you use trail cameras to catch him in the act?

www.uway.com and a $20 rogers pay as you go sim card gets you pictures or video as it happens. Even if the guy destroys or steals the camera the pictures have been sent. Probably have to post some dumb SH!T like this area is monitored by video bla bla bla legal crap so you can use it court. Still doesn't mean you can't post it here for the world to see the A$$hat at work. ;) This is how I am going to get the people who wreck my firepit and post on an Alberta outdoor forum. That should get some attention.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
www.uway.com and a $20 rogers pay as you go sim card gets you pictures or video as it happens. Even if the guy destroys or steals the camera the pictures have been sent. Probably have to post some dumb SH!T like this area is monitored by video bla bla bla legal crap so you can use it court. Still doesn't mean you can't post it here for the world to see the A$$hat at work. ;) This is how I am going to get the people who wreck my firepit and post on an Alberta outdoor forum. That should get some attention.
hopefully this works out for you , what the rcmp have told us with regards to hidden cameras pics or pics that you have personally taken ,is there is there is a brake in the chain of evidence ,meaning that unless they take the pic"" 'law enforcement"" " there is no way of proving the genuine content of the evidence. again this is in bc

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully this works out for you , what the rcmp have told us with regards to hidden cameras pics or pics that you have personally taken ,is there is there is a brake in the chain of evidence ,meaning that unless they take the pic"" 'law enforcement"" " there is no way of proving the genuine content of the evidence. again this is in bc

How a "break in the chain" of evidence can happen with a computer emailing pictures doesn't seem much different then a CCTV security camera recording to a DVD it will be time stamped and sent via a cell service provider. This is a good point to look into indeed now that it is brought up. Regardless, it is a small world a couple pics on the albertaoutdoorsmen forum will get results I am thinking. End of the day, people piss me off and really wish the ones that deserve it get a good kick in the junk.

rgashkei

Reaction score
I grew up in southern Sask. and it sounds like it's a lot different than Alberta. There is no "Crown Land" here, except maybe the community pastures. We rode on everyone else's land and they rode on ours and no one cares. The odd couple of people would put up no trespassing signs, and you just go around those quarters. The key is to have respect when riding, if it's posted or fenced, stay out. If there's cattle in it, stay out. And give peoples yards a wide berth, or better yet, ride on the other side of the grid. I now live just south of Saskatoon and follow the same rules. The law is what it is, unless its posted or fenced and signed I can ride there until I am asked to leave and same goes for our land at the farm. What do I care if someone is sledding across our canola stubble 10 miles from our yard? Now quads are a different story all together for crop damage, but not once have we had a strip in a wheat field that didn't grow because a sled rode across it in the middle of January.

I have read all these posts and this is one of the only ones that make sense. You DO NOT need permission to ride on a farmers field in Saskatchewan (Snowmobilers Act). If it is posted, stay off. The rules are different in Alberta and Ontario. I grew up on a farm and the only crop I have ever seen snowmobile tracks damage is winter wheat. We drove the crap out of our hay fields and never noticed it when haying.
That being said I have noticed that way too many sleds drive too close to peoples dwellings and livestock. Not sure why some people can't respect the fact that someone lives there and that loud can is annoying as hell.
We had a similiar incedent a few months ago. Driving across a field that I have drove for years, someone bought the land and put up a house. I knew the house was there so stayed away from it. When we went to cross his driveway by the public road he came flying up with his truck completley pissed off saying his land was posted. Well it was, two little no snowmobiling signs in a half mile only on the road side. We had no idea they were there, came from the back of the field. We talked to the land owner and explained that we would stay off his land, no problem, and we were at fault but he needed to post it better.
There is way more to this story than what has been made public. Sounds like it was just the last straw for the farmer.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On thier land............

all fields in Saskatchewan are private land.

I ride with farmers and they do not ride on JUST THEIR LAND.

Majority of you do not ride in sask on farm land so you can fawk right off on how it works around here.

Ive ridden for 20 years in sask. You can drive anywhere you want on farmers lands. Ive done this all over the province, Its just the way it goes. There is land that say PRIVATE PROPERTY and you do stay away from it.

The actions of this man are crazy. A GUN, A FREAKING GUN. Able to kill those two men in a spit second over what?

Do you know for sure there was signs? lots of times there is one sign and you drive past it the wrong way but you are following old tracks sooooo oh **** im going to get shot at for a mistake?

Man what if that was a father and son and some gun weilding maniac just starts kicking your sons sled and punched you in the head? like wtf. If that farmer has PROOF they were on his NO TRESPASSING MARKED LAND then charge them, unluckily for him these snowmobilers have video footage of a gun wielding maniac attacking them.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a land owner i am failing to see the lawfull reason why somebody is riding there sled or atv on my place with out permission . may be one you guys that do not own the private land that you are recreating could explain. we do on occasionly allow deer hunting and that comes with it"s own issues ,but for the most part the people we let on our property ,it is done with understanding when deer season is over so is the permission . and i understand the need for for people with out property to get out and enjoy,but how do you come up with the idea that it is ok to be on private property.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Majority of you do not ride in sask on farm land so you can fawk right off on how it works around here.

Ive ridden for 20 years in sask. You can drive anywhere you want on farmers lands. Ive done this all over the province, Its just the way it goes. There is land that say PRIVATE PROPERTY and you do stay away from it.

The actions of this man are crazy. A GUN, A FREAKING GUN. Able to kill those two men in a spit second over what?

Do you know for sure there was signs? lots of times there is one sign and you drive past it the wrong way but you are following old tracks sooooo oh **** im going to get shot at for a mistake?

Man what if that was a father and son and some gun weilding maniac just starts kicking your sons sled and punched you in the head? like wtf. If that farmer has PROOF they were on his NO TRESPASSING MARKED LAND then charge them, unluckily for him these snowmobilers have video footage of a gun wielding maniac attacking them.

I suggest you need to re- read my posts on page 1.Here it is:

"I have not, nor do support what the farmer did ......As i have said these are two different issues here ,neither of them correct......." Page 1

However, it is safe to assume that the majority on here are thankful that YOU were not sledder involved. Had that been the case i fear the outcome would of been much more tragic.........

If ever there was a perfect example of being "If your not part of the solution,you must be part of the problem",this would top the list..lol.

Last edited:

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All people need to do is ask permission before riding on other people's land and stay off the throttle when passing houses or livestock and snowmobilers would be able to overcome our bad reputation. Me and my friends live by these rules and never have issues. ATVs and hunters are still a bigger problem! People think they have to do donuts on every road they ride on and hunters shooting up signs that have houses and cattle behind them.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beating-a-dead-horse.jpg
Saw this, thought it appropiate...

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, are you really serious?? Sounds like you were watching a different video. I never saw a gun wielding maniac. What I saw was a pissed off land owner, and two disrespectful assholes.
Being that landowner, I would have gone about it quite differently, but I don't blame him one damn bit for what he did.
I've come across what seems like your type a few times, more in the fall though, second week in november. Thinks the whole ****ing world is your playground, with NO RESPECT for other peoples property.
You say you would have loaded the land owner up, and burned his truck down. What an a-hole thing. Maybe... thats why he brought protection.
After listening to you, maybe the only thing the landowner did wrong was not use his boomstick.
Unbelievable.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wow, are you really serious?? Sounds like you were watching a different video. I never saw a gun wielding maniac. What I saw was a pissed off land owner, and two disrespectful assholes.
Being that landowner, I would have gone about it quite differently, but I don't blame him one damn bit for what he did.
I've come across what seems like your type a few times, more in the fall though, second week in november. Thinks the whole ****ing world is your playground, with NO RESPECT for other peoples property.
You say you would have loaded the land owner up, and burned his truck down. What an a-hole thing. Maybe... thats why he brought protection.
After listening to you, maybe the only thing the landowner did wrong was not use his boomstick.
Unbelievable.

You also saw a different video than I did.These guys could very well have been "disrespectful assholes" but it looked like they were stopping to talk to the farmer till he started kicking sleds and hitting people.What did they do to get labelled thus?

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You also saw a different video than I did.These guys could very well have been "disrespectful assholes" but it looked like they were stopping to talk to the farmer till he started kicking sleds and hitting people.What did they do to get labelled thus?

What I like to do when I find myself lost, is try and think back to were the journey began. I'm willing to bet that that the fella with the scattergun wasn't driving around in his truck looking for a fight, or sitting in his living room, just itching to go raise some pulses. It's likely a safer bet, that two fine young fellas, just like there buddys, were just out ripping around close to town, d'baggin through what ever snowbanks they could find, regardless of there surroundings.

What we see in this video is a reaction to what sounds like a reoccurring problem. For all we know, the parties involved have spoken before about the exact same events.
In my experience, it's generally the same people that are constantly the problem.

As said before, I have been in situations exactly like this, ON BOTH SIDES, and have handled them much differently. I have 'trespassed', and when caught did my best to apologize, knowing full well I was in the wrong. And as the land owner, I usually don't get out of the truck. There is usually a rifle of some sort in my truck, and it's simple presence seems very effective.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am struggling to get my head around why anyone thinks they need a firearm to make their point in an instance such as this. the only thing I can see is that it helps them to act like an aggressive azzhole knowing they have backup. just like the farmer in the video

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am struggling to get my head around why anyone thinks they need a firearm to make their point in an instance such as this. the only thing I can see is that it helps them to act like an aggressive azzhole knowing they have backup. just like the farmer in the video

I cant speak for all, but in my case, there is generally always a rifle of some sort in my travels around home. One never knows when a badger/coyote/cougar/gopher or anything else may present itself.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What I like to do when I find myself lost, is try and think back to were the journey began. I'm willing to bet that that the fella with the scattergun wasn't driving around in his truck looking for a fight, or sitting in his living room, just itching to go raise some pulses. It's likely a safer bet, that two fine young fellas, just like there buddys, were just out ripping around close to town, d'baggin through what ever snowbanks they could find, regardless of there surroundings.

What we see in this video is a reaction to what sounds like a reoccurring problem. For all we know, the parties involved have spoken before about the exact same events.
I'm willing to bet, the video is showing a reaction to a reoccurring problem. In my experience, it's generally the same people that are constantly the problem.

As said before, I have been in situations exactly like this, ON BOTH SIDES, and have handled them much differently. I have 'trespassed', and when caught did my best to apologize, knowing full well I was in the wrong. And as the land owner, I usually don't get out of the truck. There is usually a rifle of some sort in my truck, and it's simple presence seems very effective.
I think I've posted this in this thread about 4 times.People are making huge assumptions as to what transpired prior to this video.I'm not taking sides here.They very well may have been antagonizing this crazed lunatic for days .But that's not what we see in this video.All we see is sleds being kicked and a person getting assaulted.Pretty sure these sledders could have ridden right by without stopping at all.Or worse yet ;run him down like some have suggested.I thought they were being respectful by stopping.I can also make a huge assumption here.They might have been stopping to apologise for trespassing but decided against it when confronted with a madman packing a defender.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right. I only have my past experiences to go off. No one but them knows what happened in this case.
The video shows two partys totally unprepared for what happened.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You 'know' of people that do this? And you post this like I am supposed to be impressed or feel better? Of all the stupid things I have read on this site, this is by far the stupidest!
I may have missed the intent of the message, which is easy to do on forum like this, but to me this is a dangerous and malicious act with the intent to kill someone or hurt them badly. This should not be posted on S&M unless you want to warn us of the location followed up a phone call to the cops and a visit to the location where you 'know' this going on!

I have heard it from several people, my intentions were to warn you. Personally I have never seen such places. Just be careful.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
al

Ive ridden for 20 years in sask. You can drive anywhere you want on farmers lands. Ive done this all over the province, Its just the way it goes.

Tell us more about what we don't know. Sorry, but you're "just the way it goes" wouldn't happen on my land in BC or Alberta. You're attitude is just as "cowboy" as the landowner IMO. If sledders are free to break the rules, why aren't landowners? seems hypocritical, no?

Just curious if anyone knows what happens if you ride on specified/private "Public" land (i.e. caribou closures, national parks etc) in BC? A helicopter will land beside you, and men with guns step out and hand you a fine. That's funny.... Guess you'll be lucky if they don't impound your sled.

You guys are advocating for sledders to ride wherever the hell they want....private land....fawk it...just go. Permission? Nah..... wow.....wonder if people carry this same atttitude out west with them.......tell me again....does Revy have issues? What happens when some dumbass trespassing sledder hits a farmer-installed culvert and then sues the farmer for damages? Farmer will be out, at minimum, his defence legal costs.

I'm pretty sure Sask has an awesome trail system, designed, at least partially, to keep people off of private land......so go ride the designated trails...that's what they are there for.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Tell us more about what we don't know. Sorry, but you're "just the way it goes" wouldn't happen on my land in BC or Alberta. You're attitude is just as "cowboy" as the landowner IMO. If sledders are free to break the rules, why aren't landowners? seems hypocritical, no?

Just curious if anyone knows what happens if you ride on specified/private "Public" land (i.e. caribou closures, national parks etc) in BC? A helicopter will land beside you, and men with guns step out and hand you a fine. That's funny.... Guess you'll be lucky if they don't impound your sled.

You guys are advocating for sledders to ride wherever the hell they want....private land....fawk it...just go. Permission? Nah..... wow.....wonder if people carry this same atttitude out west with them.......tell me again....does Revy have issues? What happens when some dumbass trespassing sledder hits a farmer-installed culvert and then sues the farmer for damages? Farmer will be out, at minimum, his defence legal costs.
I'm pretty sure Sask has an awesome trail system, designed, at least partially, to keep people off of private land......so go ride the designated trails...that's what they are there for.

Sask has an amazing trail system...trails are not for everyone though nor are they everywhere. In my 40 plus years of riding in sask from Assiniboia to Hudson Bay and in the same places generally, I have never disrespected anyones property and I have never been confronted by anyone in any way. I am a land owner as well and the only thing about sledders that would ever piss me off would be if they were to drive through my yard.....with out stopping by the shop for a visit. I have approached every land owner along over 60 miles of trail we hope to develop and add to the Sask network and have yet to meet any resistance to sledders. We don't have closures for caribou. We have wide open spaces that I like to feel can be enjoyed by all that would respect it.
I have however become somewhat annoyed by those that would choose to stop along my property and use it for a garbage disposal site for pampers and such.
All bets are off after the snow goes though. ATV's do damage when used recklessly

Top Bottom