Skidoo xm problem thread..........

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No not holding the throttle, and when I do pull it, it seems like its just not catching until the fourth pull, but some times it will just start effortlessly on the first.

Sent from a iPhone

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
I'm a small guy with little pipes and not real big shoulders and I had trouble starting the E-tec's with one pull on all the demo rides. Maxwell is correct about the really good tug.

I have ES on mine and it is great.

Love the honesty! My arms are built like yours. I don't leave mine outside overnight very often but was at the cabin this weekend and it took 3 attempts to get it running (estart), however it was -26. I remember watching the videos on BRPs site about how amazing the etec is at starting on the first pull, even in cold weather. The first pull statement is clearly not true, but it is alot better than anything else I've ever had.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that if you give it a good pull starts first pull everytime, if it is one of those halfass pulls cause your so tired cause you just dug your buddy out its 2 or 3 pulls. Got 6 days on mine now had no issues short of kill and have had to tighten the odd bolt here and there

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally rode mine for more than 5 minutes. At 6000' on clicker 1 it would only pull 7000rpm. Went straight to clicker 4 and would only pull 7600rpm. Never tried any higher as sled only has 50km on it now so i will give it a chance to loosen up. I just wanted to see if anyone has some decent miles on these sleds yet and how the clutching has been. Clutch temps seemed to stay low though throughout the day which is good. Sure took me a few roll overs before i figured out not to try to hard to carve. Going from an 04 rev to this was quite a change. Sure love the 163,glad thats what I ordered. I dont think I will ever go back to something smaller.

got the 154 xm and clicker 1 at 2100 meters on long pull i am 7100 rpm haven't changed it yet as the thing goes everywhere at half throttle

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the honesty! My arms are built like yours. I don't leave mine outside overnight very often but was at the cabin this weekend and it took 3 attempts to get it running (estart), however it was -26. I remember watching the videos on BRPs site about how amazing the etec is at starting on the first pull, even in cold weather. The first pull statement is clearly not true, but it is alot better than anything else I've ever had.
They are definitly not one pull everytime. Left mine outside also when it was cold over Christmas. 3-4 times with estart also. It fired then Stalled. Efi cats have always started 2-3 pulls no matter how cold. My crossfire 800 can sit for weeks at minus 20 and start in 2 pulls. But yes the etec starts great too

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy cry much over not having a sled start on the first pull at -25.

And it will start first pull, you just need to be able to pull it over. Honestly I would rather give it two or three half pulls at those temps to make sure everything is moving freely. When aluminum gets that cold things start to change sizes.

I don't see how much of this ended up in a problem thread. Maybe some people need to stop riding around meadows and logging roads in 11 inches of snow and go ride in some real snow.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before yesterday I would have agreed that my 13 XM would start on one pull, and the only question was whether you were strong enough to give it a proper pull while it is cold. But yesterday I failed at the first pull so had to give it another one. It fired up a bit but then stopped. Next pull same thing. Then next pull it finally started and kept going and engaged the console display.

McTwist

Reaction score
I love that in the problem thread people can't get it started in one pull. I'd say thats a nice minor problem to have in the grand scheme of things. Better than a driveshaft or belt drive blowing apart.

01Sharp

Reaction score
Took my 2013 163" out yesterday to hassler, worked great for 3 hours but then stopped for a break. Noticed that my rear suspension appeared to be sacked out. My rear shock was not returning to an extended position. I had my rear suspension set to 3 and did not any significant drops. Checked the tunnel, had some ice build up but not a lot.

Also, front bumper strength seems suspect...... Haha

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pickin' up whatcha layin' down bro.... LOL

My sled doesn't clean itself when I put it in my garage.I have to take a rag and wipe dirt off of it sometimes even scrub, if its tree sap. What is the cause of this? Is it covered by warranty?

01Sharp

Reaction score
Anyone else having the rear suspension sag badly? I got my springs on 5 and still get almost 4'' of sag.

Mine did it on the weekend in the snow, my rear bumper was about 12 inches off the ground. Just kept riding it as I couldn't see any damage, it eventually fixed itself but not a good deal for a sled with 60 km on it. Anybody got a fix for this?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rear suspension sags. It always has. It has an allowable sag amount which when unloaded and loaded will have.

Without sag the skid will always be fully extended. When in deep snow the skid will not be able to drop out of the tunnel without the sag.

In your operators manual there are directions on setting up your suspension. If you are a heavier rider, have lots of crap like tunnel boxes on your sled you will most likely need heavier springs. The ride weight also does not include snow and ice build up.

With the t-motion it changes the way the sprung weight reacts to compression and rebound as well. It acts more like a dual rate spring. The first few inches will be soft and it progressively gets harder on the compression.

Some people will add the relocate blocks to the rear but all this does is add more tension to a light spring. It is better to run a heavier spring on a lower setting as the spring rate is softer. Running light springs with relocates will sometimes give a rougher transition.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well .. wrapped up 2012 with 900 KM on my XM ..

Only real problem is the pain in my face and vocal cords from smiling and laughing too hard

(did break my mountain bar bolt because it came loose and I kept tugging on it .. replaced bolt, all good)

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Start/RER button is broken. It still works if I press as hard as I can with both thumbs. It started all of a sudden after I had stopped for a drink. I had to use a knife to pop the orange button up and pressed the actual switch underneith. Glad I didn't have to cut the wires, that might have made warranty complicated lol

Top Bottom