Skidoo xm problem thread..........

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, lenny is sour because the doo clan is solving all his snowmobile problems.

Did I sense an attempt on wit Lenny?

Not surprising you wouldnt recognize it cuso, the only wit you'd probably be used to would be "dim".

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lat night I was ripping donuts in a field and there was a loud chewing noise and huge vibration and loss of power, I thought at first I blew the belt but the belt was fine and looked and nothing got caught in the track. The only issue I have so far, anyone know what it could be?

Gonna go for another ride tonight and will post if it does it again

Sent from a iPhone

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lat night I was ripping donuts in a field and there was a loud chewing noise and huge vibration and loss of power, I thought at first I blew the belt but the belt was fine and looked and nothing got caught in the track. The only issue I have so far, anyone know what it could be?

Sent from a iPhone

Tracks going to losen up and move around first couple rides. Align it and snug it up after first good ride and it will go away

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from a iPhone
have a good look at your drivers, it will be obvious if it was ratcheting. the clips leave some good marks in the plastic and you will know right away.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track tension and chain tension should be checked regularly during break in. Obviously after break in as well but during break in they will have the most amount of stretch.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Sent from a iPhone

Possibly an ice chunk caught between track and tunnel up front?.... seen that lots....then it will spit it out

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primary and down low. Going to clean things up obviously but wondering why they are even there. Noticed them after I unloaded the sled in the garage for the first time after picking up at dealer. Only ever seen this before after blowing belt up. Wondering if anyone else noticed same thing.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The purists are going to ask if you washed the belt with a mild soap and also cleaned the oily film off the clutch faces. Quite simply, I can't be bothered.

I didn't look for black marks on mine and I still haven't after 300+ kms. The beast runs great and clutches aren't overly hot. Things must be working they way they are supposed to, eh!

I just ride 'er!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's probably from oil on your clutches from the manufacturer.

Brake cleaner, and you are probably good to go.

It could also be from condensation on a cold clutch.

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had there handle bars crack into on the new 2013 SP? I took mine out for a ride last saturday, only got 20km on the sled, powder cutting around and i brought up on the handle bars and they snapped off right where the grab bar mounts to the handle bars. They drilled 2 holes through the handle bars to connect the grab bar. Anyone else think this is a stupid idea that will affect the durability of the handle bars? Oh well I put last years handle bars on with the old grab bar and the dealer isnt going to cover it under warranty because they said I must of ridin it too hard!!! Pretty Sad St.Paul Power Murchants!!! It will be the last sled I buy from you guys!!!

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had there handle bars crack into on the new 2013 SP? I took mine out for a ride last saturday, only got 20km on the sled, powder cutting around and i brought up on the handle bars and they snapped off right where the grab bar mounts to the handle bars. They drilled 2 holes through the handle bars to connect the grab bar. Anyone else think this is a stupid idea that will affect the durability of the handle bars? Oh well I put last years handle bars on with the old grab bar and the dealer isnt going to cover it under warranty because they said I must of ridin it too hard!!! Pretty Sad St.Paul Power Murchants!!! It will be the last sled I buy from you guys!!!

Good ol power merchants. Did you buy from the new cold lake location? I would be running a BRP product if there was a good one close. Lucky it happened at home.
Maybe see u in vale one time. I'm going up from 14th to the 21st.

Top Bottom