Sirius Radio

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep a huge old ipod (160gb) in the truck hooked up with usb so when Sirius pisses me off (frequently between the weak signal and chitty repetitive music) I switch to that. Like Holio it is mostly country, hair metal, and metal.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I call back and tell them I don't use it enough for 191 bucks

So the last 4 years have been at 99 bucks, per unit

Ya have never paid over a $100/year till this year they were going to let me disconnect it wouldn't go under $121 they said because of the Canadian peso couldn't be under a hun

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya have never paid over a $100/year till this year they were going to let me disconnect it wouldn't go under $121 they said because of the Canadian peso couldn't be under a hun
same thing they did with me late last year..... I just let it go...... with the USB inputs, Ipod integration and all that to heck with paying them. The truck will actually read MP3 files right off of a USB thumb drive.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have not had any issue with signal service in my 2012 ram factory unit yet
my yearly cancellation call is coming up next month when they send me the invoice for the renewal i just call to cancel
tell them its not worth it to me have been paying $70-75 per year for each of the last 6 years or so kick my self in the azz for not
buying the life time subscription way back when they had them

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my yearly cancellation call is coming up next month when they send me the invoice for the renewal i just call to cancel
tell them its not worth it to me have been paying $70-75 per year for each of the last 6 years or so kick my self in the azz for not

I agree the Sirius in my 12 Dodge is 100x better than the XM in my Chevy.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Same here $72 a year.Not worth the $190

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called today and complained about the signal and told them was not interested in $191.00 renewal

They offered me 100.00 for a year said I'll wait still got 2 weeks to go

And I do have a life time on the other radio prolly just end moving in to new truck

She also said that put up 3 new satellites and repeaters for us Canada customers in BC and Newfoundland

I said the service was a 100% and now its like 60% where I live and not worth paying for it

sorta feels like I'm pounding on sand :rolleyes:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My old radio seems to work fine. Never cuts out just driving around home. Never got around to getting new one out of box yet.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So I changed my house antenna to point south. Works better but still not great. I'm gonna call them back and say I'm not renewing it and see what they say. It shouldn't cut out in my truck driving down the hi way though.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure the "three new satellites and repeater" as i have also been told, is just them switching sirius to xm satellite transmission. I agree on the mountains i have gone from 100%to 60%

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure the "three new satellites and repeater" as i have also been told, is just them switching sirius to xm satellite transmission. I agree on the mountains i have gone from 100%to 60%

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

I hear yah with rocks the old signal would only cut out in the tunnels and snow sheds

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did our annual mens fishing trip this past weekend and over the years never lost a signal even in thick trees. Could not even get one bar this time. Good thing I had over 1500 songs on my iPhone.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a call from there 'promo' team about my free 2 week trial. The lady said I could have 5 months for 20 bucks. I told her about the spotty service issue, she confirmed I live in PG and then told me there working on the repeater in my area. I then told her I have a lot of buddies in berta that are experiencing the same issue but they're all paying subscribers and she gave me the same repeater speech. So I politely said I'd have to decline at this time

PowderStew

Reaction score
Just had a call from there 'promo' team about my free 2 week trial. The lady said I could have 5 months for 20 bucks. I told her about the spotty service issue, she confirmed I live in PG and then told me there working on the repeater in my area. I then told her I have a lot of buddies in berta that are experiencing the same issue but they're all paying subscribers and she gave me the same repeater speech. So I politely said I'd have to decline at this time

The repeater story is bull. Repeaters are only used in big cities where tall buildings block the signal. What ever they have done has weakened the signal strength.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm on the island for a few days and the stupid Xm radio in my rental doesn't work worth a sh!t here pretty rediculous actually im kinda glad I stopped paying for it a while back

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a totally different antenna for the repeater systems. it's a city thing

Top Bottom