Sirius Radio

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody notice a loss of reception on their Sirius? In the last couple of months I noticed that I cant get reception on/off depending where I am.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks everyone! Glad I am not the only one noticing it. I am going to call them and figure out what the hell is happening. I will let you know what they say.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also lost signal a lot in the mountains last winter - a little better than cell service. lol
Even cuts out around own.
Dam these annoying first world problems!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has been super weak compared to previously. Started a couple months ago.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine also, anything blocking south and it's gone

Throught it was my antenna, so bought new one, same thing

Then thought mabe radio is old and done, till wife said factory Sirius in jeep was doing it too

I now get 9 min total on a 25 min drive to work

Called a month or more ago and they said they were updating the sat and antenna

Pretty sure Sirius is on the xm satellite, which sucks cause xm has Allways sucked in g.m vehicles in Mountains

I'm going to call and explain to them that seeing as I only get 30 % of what I used to, I'm only paying 30% from what I payed last year, and should get reimbursed for the last 4 months

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll bet they switched the sirius feed to the old XM satellites. XM always cut in and out when there was an obstruction to the south. it was the biggest reason I went with sirius back in '04. they better change it back soon, I've noticed mine cutting out a lot in the KW lately, always when there are trees etc to the south

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got off the telephone with them (after holding for 25 min). They said they changed to a new "state of the art" satellite over a month ago which is about the same time I started to notice a problem. Guy acted like I was the only complaint then I told him its on FB and other forums and they need to do something about it or they risk losing customers. Anyway, I did a "refresh" myself last week but no improvement so he did one from his side which he claims is much better. Will see how it works later today. Will keep you guys posted.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
cancelled mine last year in the Dodge because of chitty reception and them not really caring. It's on 2 week free trial right now, listened to hit Friday and yesterday going and coming back from camping, still cut out lots. Won't waste my money on it again.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just came back from lunch and still cut in and out. I would say approx 30-40% of the time. Going to be calling them again.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 6 month trial with my truck three years ago and found it to be the chits when going through the mountains or even sometimes driving through heavily treed areas. $20+ per month for radio is kinda crazy IMO, but spending that on radio that doesn't work where I need it is just plain ridiculous.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be honest I have never had issues with reception in all the years I have had it. Anyway, just got off the phone with them for the second time today. Bunch of useless people over there. Last week I called and earlier this morning and they acted surprised that I had a problem. The 3rd guy admitted they are aware of the issue and should be "fixed" within the next few days. For being such a loyal customer they gave me a months credit on 2 receivers I told them I will take the credit but why does a customer have to call 3 times to get the truth. Anyway, lots of blah blah blah. Will give it a week and see what happens.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
common on Jeff Easy Rock is the best hahahahaha (I still call it the Big R radio from my Golden days)

Unfortunately the local shuswap radio stations suck balls lol

Compared to zed 99 and the bear

So that's why I'm having a issue lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be honest I have never had issues with reception in all the years I have had it. Anyway, just got off the phone with them for the second time today. Bunch of useless people over there. Last week I called and earlier this morning and they acted surprised that I had a problem. The 3rd guy admitted they are aware of the issue and should be "fixed" within the next few days. For being such a loyal customer they gave me a months credit on 2 receivers I told them I will take the credit but why does a customer have to call 3 times to get the truth. Anyway, lots of blah blah blah. Will give it a week and see what happens.
I was told it should be fixed and good in 48 hrs a month ago too

Been busy so I haven't had a chance to call back yet

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My house faces north and I haven't even been able to use it while parked on my driveway! If it's not fixed by my next renewal date I'll be cancelling after having it for 10 years

Top Bottom