Selling my doo's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is don't give up on it. I hated the Pro the first two years I tried them. Couldn't figure them out. Then eventually I was tires of watching other people I rode with not fighting the sled like I was with my Doo's.

I forced myself to ride it and get used to it by making it my full time ride and right now I cannot see me going to anything but another Polaris.

Riding the Axys will come more naturally than the previous pro chassis but it does use a slightly different muscle group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The big headed muscle group lol

sent while drinking tea's

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy times when the doo'ers are saying don't doo it!

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes change is good......new brand may work better for his riding style or he will come to appreciate what he had and come back to the family lol.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Axis 3" 163 works very well. It took a bit but On my 2nd day I was pushing harder lines with confidence. It has good power. Wicked for side hills. When in steep trees if I scratched out my speed I could do a return wheelie just by straightening my arms turn my head and boom. Going back down. I'm not sure who walker Evans is but the shocks suck on ghe trail. In the bush they're fine. Also getting unstuck alone is a lot more fun with 50 less pounds. Not kicking snow out of the foot holes was nice too. No regrets so far. I will Run the axis for 2500 km and decide what's next to ride.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing the Axys to your previous Doo's which are just stretched trail sleds is complete apples to medium rare steak.

The Polaris is typically set more rigid and sucks fore the most part on trail. It's a compromise unless you want to change the chock setting and dampening four times a day. I cannot be bothered.

Having it be more rigid tends to have it respond quicker to rider input.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with fernie, I love my doos and no complaints since the 444 Everest, that was a beast, lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Axis 3" 163 works very well. It took a bit but On my 2nd day I was pushing harder lines with confidence. It has good power. Wicked for side hills. When in steep trees if I scratched out my speed I could do a return wheelie just by straightening my arms turn my head and boom. Going back down. I'm not sure who walker Evans is but the shocks suck on ghe trail. In the bush they're fine. Also getting unstuck alone is a lot more fun with 50 less pounds. Not kicking snow out of the foot holes was nice too. No regrets so far. I will Run the axis for 2500 km and decide what's next to ride.

The base shocks are pretty limited but you will find if you adjust them they make huge changes to the ride. With the front skid shock tight, it really makes the ride rough and the sled can trench more. With it loose it will be heavier on the steering. Play with it but first synch a cable tie around the shock body to mark the spot on the threads where the coils spring gets loose. you do not want the retainer to fall out.

Secondly, clip that track if you like to side-hill. I am getting calls all the time from customers complaining about wear and your track will be done at 1500-2000 kms if you fail to do it.

There is some more acceleration to be had with clutching too.

You will love the sled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom