Selling my doo's

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was looking for. Seems lots of guys only ride 6-1000 km per year. I picking it up tomorrow morning. I'm pretty excited to ride a different brand. Since 2013 I've had a back country x. Freeride 137 and 154. 2013 163. 2 - 2014 163. A 2015 t3174 and a 2016 163t3 and 2016 154 freeride. Due to being gun shy on the 850 I'm swinging to a totally new brand. I will be the only Polaris in the group which will make it fun too.

How big are you Drew? All the guys I know that ride multiple seasons on a Polaris without issue are smaller but I'm a fat fawk.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to hear the results, i'm thinking of doing the same this fall. But i'll be keeping my 2015 freeride for the wife.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 3 17s rigged for demos and short of putting oil in them and repairing damage due to demo riders (panels handlebars 2 a-arms hahaha, ride like ya stole em) we have had no issues with any of them. They are all getting to the 1500-2000km mark, with 1 being stock, 1 with a SLP Stage 3 and 1 with a TSS Turbo. So far been a great season and we have just about sold completely out of 16 and 17s inventory. Its a great platform....they all build great sleds....enjoy your new ride!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 3 17s rigged for demos and short of putting oil in them and repairing damage due to demo riders (panels handlebars 2 a-arms hahaha, ride like ya stole em) we have had no issues with any of them. They are all getting to the 1500-2000km mark, with 1 being stock, 1 with a SLP Stage 3 and 1 with a TSS Turbo. So far been a great season and we have just about sold completely out of 16 and 17s inventory. Its a great platform....they all build great sleds....enjoy your new ride!!

Good to hear. Thanks.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hard to get an honest unbiased opinion, best is to just buy what you need and try it. You said you trade or buy every year anyway. Try a cat or yammie next year. They are just sleds, not women and they are all pretty good.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm resistant. They work really well especially in a year like this but would have been so overkill the previous couple years.
Yes over kill most of the last year or two in most days, had a few tho that 174 wasn't enough lol

But having said that, if it's over kill then it's easy km on it and not balls to the walls

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes over kill most of the last year or two in most days, had a few tho that 174 wasn't enough lol

But having said that, if it's over kill then it's easy km on it and not balls to the walls

And boring.

I am actually thinking about going back to a 155.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And boring.

I am actually thinking about going back to a 155.

You on a 155 = me on a 163 which is where I'll likely stay. Going to ride a few sleds over the next season and decide from there.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You on a 155 = me on a 163 which is where I'll likely stay. Going to ride a few sleds over the next season and decide from there.

I would also stay with a Doo if I were you.

You are happy with the performance and are comfortable on the chassis.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also stay with a Doo if I were you.

You are happy with the performance and are comfortable on the chassis.

Starting to feel the limits of the XM chassis and not confident enough in the G4 yet. G4 is cost prohibitive as well compared to Cat and Polaris in season models.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I have one of those overkill sleds with a lot of gentle kms and you are right it is easy on the sled. The thing I really like is that those longer tracks give a person time to think and adjust a line quite easily. If they are boring, one just has to pick harder lines and/or more technical lines.

Getting back on topic, I guess I'm pretty happy adding gas/oil and riding without thinking about getting rid of the brand. All my Doo's have been great and I couldn't imagine the turmoil if I decided to change. I know for a fact that I couldn't find another dealer within the same distance with the service that I enjoy from Bow Ridge.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done deal. She's a pretty carbon and lime 163x3" le and its in my garage. 5 more days of work and I'm heading out for 7-10 days of riding. Can't wait to try a totally new to me chassis.

Good sled. Your shoulders will be burning.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done deal. She's a pretty carbon and lime 163x3" le and its in my garage. 5 more days of work and I'm heading out for 7-10 days of riding. Can't wait to try a totally new to me chassis.

The biggest thing is don't give up on it. I hated the Pro the first two years I tried them. Couldn't figure them out. Then eventually I was tires of watching other people I rode with not fighting the sled like I was with my Doo's.

I forced myself to ride it and get used to it by making it my full time ride and right now I cannot see me going to anything but another Polaris.

Riding the Axys will come more naturally than the previous pro chassis but it does use a slightly different muscle group.

Top Bottom