Save our sledding areas. BCSF Needs our help.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to draw the attention/cash as many other GoFundMe events do. Are sledders/outdoor enthusiasts that laid back?

I wonder if every club and every member got a newsletter laying out the problem and the objectives. To me, it is a no brainer and that should have reached the goal in no time.
I don't think it's a matter of them being laid back.
I think it's more an issue of "head in the sand/snow", the vast majority of sledders don't ride in or travel to areas that are in contention so can't see how what the BCSF is doing will affect them.
Keep in mind that it's estimated only 10 to 15 % of sledders in BC belong to a club in the first place.
Outside of one email from the local club and this thread I have not seen or heard any promoting for this fundraiser. IMO the BCSF should have posters up at every sled dealer in BC at the very least to raise awareness.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
111 donations ? Not many peeps ride in BC

zx4ever

Reaction score
Clode.
Since your from fsj though you might like the fact that the local club (Northland trailblazers donated $1000 to the bcsf before this go fund me was even started. We wanted to make sure that donegal could keep fighting for all of us sledders.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I donated right at the start and shared with friends and on Facebook. Sad that people can't be bothered to donate. Even 50 bucks would help and it's not going to cause you to go hungry...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This has stalled big time. What are we to do to get it going? I am absolutely amazed that so many people have their head in the sand. Here is my thank you from Donegal and yes they appreciated the fact that they all of the $200.00.......

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much for the donation. We will put it to good use and appreciate that you did the donation directly to us.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has stalled big time. What are we to do to get it going? I am absolutely amazed that so many people have their head in the sand. Here is my thank you from Donegal and yes they appreciated the fact that they all of the $200.00.......

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much for the donation. We will put it to good use and appreciate that you did the donation directly to us.
Gonna need to get some creative marketing going.

Maybe some of the social media warriors like Narona could get behind this?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on people, please help this cause.

People complain about area closures but do nothing to prevent it. I am sure the average visiting rider to the province drops at least a $1000 bucks and can't spare $50 bucks to help preserve this sport we love...shame on those people. I lump these people into the same pot as the people who don't vote then complain about the leaders in power.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The general apathy comes as no surprise to anybody that has spent time dealing with these, (and other), issues.
The only time we actually had any input, (even from our own club members), was when it was put right in their face.
Until the threat is actually in their backyard they won't believe it is real.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The general apathy comes as no surprise to anybody that has spent time dealing with these, (and other), issues.
The only time we actually had any input, (even from our own club members), was when it was put right in their face.
Until the threat is actually in their backyard they won't believe it is real.

Nobody cares till the signs go up....then it's my fault. It's why I quit.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
YEP!, lets help the BCFS now, I thought they would have way more than this. I got the message from them to after Snowandmud.com made a donation of $250.00, I challenge all business owners to make a donation to match ours, thanks.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the mandatory donation to GOFUNDME part...

Top Bottom