safe areas to ride in the moutains

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
i know it is not much, but what i thought off in short notice, it may give someone an option. sorry, i'd like to do more, just askin for info that only local area sledders would know about.

Gov., the CAC and local club members worked together on the mtns. for yrs. to rate the terrain info provided in these brochures for you. It was a huge project that was started after the 8 incident, that is also when the signs on the hwys. telling snowmobilers to check avy conditions came out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie: pretty much all the way to the Wrangler's Cabin (on the trail) is safe. One small area at around km 50 has a steel slope up to the right with cornices hanging. I've seen this slide but never to the trail. Does it mean it won't cover the trail? No, it just means that I haven't seen it cover the trail in the last 10 years.

The Notch has some avi places as does the Coal Summit. So even though it is deemed "a safe area", it may not take many meters to get into trouble. Be avy savy!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powder puff

just goes to show i'm a little slow. i do read the cac reports and info, and have seen the ratings. just my lame feeble attempt at info.

just a thought, -- anyway to get this info out at the trail head pass ticket taker booth? this info needs to be in your face all the time i'm thinkin.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the above posts are completely meaningless. I am waiting for sunshinesmiles to tell the group where we can stay safe. :tape2:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powder puff

just goes to show i'm a little slow. i do read the cac reports and info, and have seen the ratings. just my lame feeble attempt at info.

just a thought, -- anyway to get this info out at the trail head pass ticket taker booth? this info needs to be in your face all the time i'm thinkin.

YES, great question. This info is posted in 4x4 Signs at many trailheads already.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, right you are, although it just seems some riders just don't read the bullitens, and want to ride areas like turbo if you can verify snow conditions, it may be safe. but you must check each and every riding area to know.
i would not take anyones word for hill safety, as you will be gambling with your life.

play safe people. :twocents:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wont be telling anyone my safe area's to ride :) i like untouched powder !!!!!!!!!!

Oh come on please tell us,,promise i will only tell 20people where they can come steal your powder...lol

Top Bottom