Recession just around the corner?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
News channel just said opec hopes to keep oil around the $55/bbl mark for quite a while....

That's the same guy that said that oil will hit $200 a barrel just a little bit ago. They don't know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
that's the same guy that said that oil will hit $200 a barrel just a little bit ago. They don't know!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

i know... They're all over the place. He says opec wants it to stabilize around $55/bbl, but i think they can only influence the price for so long.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a consultant guy today say they are just weeding out the crack heads. Thefts should increase immediately. Lol

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haliburton - 6200 job cuts announced today.
Sanjel in Calgary - 4000 to 4100 layoffs announced, along with salary cuts of 5 to 10%. No expansion capital for 2015. They are predicting an 18 to 24 month down cycle. Drilling is good now, but they predict a very quick fall come spring.
13000 jobs lost in the natural resources sector of AB since September (not including the above coming).

Prentice wnet on record as saying NO to any corporate tax increases, NO to royalty increases. He did say a rise in income taxes is possible as is a healthcare premium and big increase in alcohol and tobacco taxes (apparently booze brings in 1 billion right now). Hitting the little guy yet again......gotta love your gov.

PC's paid out 28 million in high level severance packages in the last 4 years.....way to go PC's. Not to mention there is a very high possibility they will BREAK THE LAW to retain power. AB must the laughing stock of Western Hemisphere.

Last edited:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the Calgary office thinking is we better learn to manage companies with $50 oil for some time. It's not impossible but takes the fun right out of it. For that reason - all my equipment going under the hammer on 25 February at Ritchie Bros auction. I'm out!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be big deals at Ritchies who ever has the cash, I can see that coming.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis, offer up a piece here on SnowMud first, see what happens.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis, offer up a piece here on SnowMud first, see what happens.

Already signed my contract and equipment is lined up in the Ritchie Bros yard........delivered the last Combo unit yesterday. Alliance Vac Services Ltd - Fleet disposal...........made the front cover of the sales brochure. Hoping for a good sale. All new units 2013/2014 rig ups.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
might have to get a login so i can see what stuff is going for. Some nice enclosed snowmobile trailers out there.

i watched the last auction, as there was 2 decent eclosed trailers, but they went for way too much money.... Did you check mountain sledder swapmeet... Some awesome cheap trailers on there, stateside, but not that difficult bringing a trailer back from the states....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i watched the last auction, as there was 2 decent eclosed trailers, but they went for way too much money.... Did you check mountain sledder swapmeet... Some awesome cheap trailers on there, stateside, but not that difficult bringing a trailer back from the states....

look at the $$$ right now..... not worth it.

Got shut down last night anyways for the time being......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
shaws laying off 1000.....all addin up.....

that's not so much "economy" related, but more so that the cable providers are really feeling the crunch from services like Netflix, ProjectFreeTv, and now CraveTV, at $9 a month I can watch a lot of shows as compared to my $80 a month cable bill.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
that's not so much "economy" related, but more so that the cable providers are really feeling the crunch from services like Netflix, ProjectFreeTv, and now CraveTV, at $9 a month I can watch a lot of shows as compared to my $80 a month cable bill.

We're not far from canceling cable and our home phone.

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We're not far from canceling cable and our home phone.

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

my contract is up with Telus at the end of March, if they don't give me some super hugely awesome incentive to renew/continue my service with them, I will likely scale it back to just "basic" programming. I still like having access to the news and stuff, and by the end of March Curling will be done for the year, and if not, then I just go to mom & dads to watch it.

Top Bottom