RCMP Stopping Sleds HWY 16 East

ZakAttack

Reaction score
I usually don't hang around to hear what they have to say haha, unless my trailer and Jeep is nearby...
"Sorry officer I didn't see you, I have no mirrors on my ATV..."

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really question the quality of our rcmp sheriffs you name it. These ohv things are maybe a sign of the times, tax collection, power trip we all have opinions but I think they really are not the sharpest knives in the drawer any more, 20 years ago university grads were taking police jobs now it seems if you are breathing or maybe too lazy to work in the patch you can join the force. Stupid one I saw today... rc had a car pulled over on highway 2 just north of Lacombe in the right lane and they were stopped 100 yards from the exit, parked in the middle of the right lane, yes in the middle not on the shoulder, people were tagging their brakes on the iced up road and imo it was a hair from a major pile up. Do ya think maybe you could have asked the speeder to pull ahead 100 yards off to the exit to write the ticket? Stupid and I see it all the time.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stupid is right, the way i look at it is what are you hurting on a sled in the ditch? or just about anywhere, its SNOW!!!!! not like in the summer when riding atvs and stuff and ripping up other people grass and feild and making ruts everywhere, that i could see people getting tickets for. but riding in a ditch filled with snow??? whats wrong with that? if a vehicle hits the ditch with this much snow its not like its ginna go far.... i was riding in a ditch with a buddy down a gravel road. we were like 6-8 feet from the road and would ya know it an old lady came after us and called the cops cuz we were trespassing when we crossed her driveway, and yes the cops came after us in their little cars, but it didnt last long, they dont like to get their feet wet in the snow.....

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This kind of stuff just gets me all wound up!..See it heard it and now hearing of this...wow. One time I got rear end by an RC on icy roads pulling me over for a seat belt ticket, he came ripping out of the back alley he was hiding in come speeding up behind I was already pulled over and wham!....what a retard!...they didn't even cover it my bumper was tweaked a bit... but wreaked his grill and bumper though..another cost to the Tax payer! The dick still gave me a seat belt ticket!...I have no use for them at all anymore....rant over...have a great weekend people!:d...watch out for those RC's they are out to get you!..lol:d

Blue rev

Reaction score
Wow, talk about anal! I ride out by Gibbons and Bon Accord. I pull into the gas station and fill up, and had RCMP drive right by. This happens all the time. I have had RCMP drive by me when I have been riding in the ditch, they slow down, wave, and carry on. Wow, I'm glad I dont live out that way. That kinda crap is enough to make a guy kinda "negative".

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, talk about anal! I ride out by Gibbons and Bon Accord. I pull into the gas station and fill up, and had RCMP drive right by. This happens all the time. I have had RCMP drive by me when I have been riding in the ditch, they slow down, wave, and carry on. Wow, I'm glad I dont live out that way. That kinda crap is enough to make a guy kinda "negative".

buddy and i were at the gas station once to, not long after the cops where their to, they chased us down the gravel road and we got on the road and gave them a gravel shower, needless to say the chase didnt last long till they gave up

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday pulled up to the pumps for fuel on sled, me and bud, cop pulls up and I figured oh boy he`s gonna check us out, but nothing at all just BS`d with us never ask for anything, we drove away after filling up. Kind of nice instead of getting chewed on. and we dont even have plates on our sleds, got registarion but plate is not mounted. One for the mounties that day. This wasnt the car though.

Attachments

• rcmpblue.jpg
    rcmpblue.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 356

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with maxwell, I hate those F****ng rent-a-cops and the RCMP. I get passed by guys going 150 on a twolane highway, and they do jackshit. Pardon my language but thats in lamest terms. We spend all this money for taxes, and what is it going towards. Pulling over dangerous families that are causing havoc in the ditches while out for a sunday afternoon ride. Kicking Innocent people in the face, and fining and impounding quads that are being used to clear sidewalks for the eldery. What the hell is this world coming to that common sense has become such a damn rare commodity. Couple summers ago I seen an old guy and his grandson fueling up at a gas station in laclabiche, they ride out of town. We head out of town in the same direction and 3 miles latter there pulled over by two squad cars because they were riding a quad in the ditch. Give me a F***ing break. Watch, next time i stop to take a piss on the side of the road, BEHIND MY TRUCK FACING THE DITCH, near the over pass by Evansberg ill be slapped with a 250$ public urination fine. Theres violence and drugs all over the place and there concerned with me and my sled in the ditch. GIVE ME A F***ING BREAK:rant::rant::rant::rant:

I know my language is a :nono:
but thats just my opinion

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cops on sleds?? Did anyone get a Pic...I would like to see what they have rigged up to hold their coffee and donuts.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Yes the rc's should be out there locking up meth dealer an crack dealers. Ibet they are. are money an there time could be utilized in alot better places than stopping sledders in ditches. WE PAY they decide what is right bull chit . An the people that are deciding what is right an wrong for them to do should be picking the garbage out of the ditches an wokinging for a living in stead of waiting for a big fat taxs payers retirment to kick in.

You think thats the WHOLE and ONLY reason they have that unit? Is to chase you down and give you a ticket for riding in the ditch? (even though its AGAIST THE LAW) as much as I dont like it thats how it is. Those guys have found 3 STOLEN sleds this year by checking VINS..... Lets see you write a post like this after they recover one of yours!

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600 renegades this year they wisened up from the phazers

Bet thats a pretty penny, but who cares when you have the tax payers income at your disposal. Mile out those machines in one season, sell them at a government auction then do the same thing next year. The system works!!!!!!!! (Sarcasm)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think thats the WHOLE and ONLY reason they have that unit? Is to chase you down and give you a ticket for riding in the ditch? (even though its AGAIST THE LAW) as much as I dont like it thats how it is. Those guys have found 3 STOLEN sleds this year by checking VINS..... Lets see you write a post like this after they recover one of yours!

shaddddd upppppppp lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

have to agree, if riding in the ditch is against the law, they can do as they like. if your not happy change the law. maybe by making a sled riding copper your friend, you may get a lot farther. i get a laugh out of the woe is me, i broke the law and got a fine crowd. find out the rules, get them changed if you don't like them. start calling all the councilors, they made the law in the first place and can change it.

police enforce the laws they are given, sometimes to the nth degree.

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to agree, if riding in the ditch is against the law, they can do as they like. if your not happy change the law. come on here whining because you broke the law. hmm. maybe by making a sled riding copper your friend, and less tude you may get a lot farther. i get a laugh out of the wow is me, i broke the law and got a fine crowd. like a little cheese with that whine.

instead of the big bitch and whine find out what the law is. don't like it get it changed.

Its not necessarily about changing the law, but rather them spending more time try to enforce the law that matters like..rape, theft, child abuse..the stuff that they know takes way more effort, and isn't nearly as fun!..thats what pisses me off!..and its not whining so don't be a azz..there is better things they can be doing, but choose to prey on the easy targets...good people just trying to enjoy life.

Last edited:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I Really wouldn't want mine recovered after its been stolen...Here's your sled back after some Douch-bag just rode the chit out of it . Thanks but no thanks I would rather have the insurance money and buy a new one.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Really wouldn't want mine recovered after its been stolen...Here's your sled back after some Douch-bag just rode the chit out of it . Thanks but no thanks I would rather have the insurance money and buy a new one.

I have to agree. Seen to many super duty trucks come to our shop after being stollen and they are beat to chit. Steal my stuff you better burn it when your done cause i dont want it back. Just my :twocents:.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hole situation is just a joke i wish we could just ride worry free ...LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to agree, if riding in the ditch is against the law, they can do as they like. if your not happy change the law. come on here whining because you broke the law. hmm. maybe by making a sled riding copper your friend, and less tude you may get a lot farther. i get a laugh out of the wow is me, i broke the law and got a fine crowd. like a little cheese with that whine.

instead of the big bitch and whine find out what the law is. don't like it get it changed.

Its woe is me imdooin WOE is me, that crowd would appreciate it if u could get that straight. K.

Top Bottom