pump gas turbo xm options

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a pump gas turbo set up on a XM? I took a sip of the doolaid and am now looking for a xm but i want to turbo it for fun factor (i am not good enough of a rider to need one but want one). It has to be true "pull and go" and pump gas i will not compromise on either.

Just want a turbo for the next sled and fell in love with the XM so combine the 2 and its guna be true bliss.....Anyone have a turbo xm in revy this weekend they would let a guy hop on for a min? I can leave u my check book incase it turns out i cant handle the power :d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaa .... Thats funny .... Just in case i can't handle the power ....

I would say the tss-boost it kit would be the top one .... Just dial it down , clutch it for lower boost .... They would know what to set it at and clutch it too ...
ALSO MIGHT HAVE A DIFFERENT HEAD COMP RATIO FOR LOWER BOOST AND PUMP GAS COMBO
Also i heard boondockers did testing for 3 weeks in sicamous last year ... There kit is working good with no problems now ... They may also be one to contact ...

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowseeker has his XM at Mountain Magic right now having a turbo installed on it. We rode with an XM from MM last year that worked really well.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure TSS makes a low boost pump gas kit for the XM. I haven't heard a bad thing about their stuff yet. Im booked in for a full boost set up from them in January

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to tss they recommend using av gas I've heard every mixture from 50/50 to 20/80

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed it will be pretty and climb like a billy goat.

Sent - but who really cares????

Yep; he isn't gonna be running any av gas this year though. Pretty sure he said just 5lbs of boost on straight pump gas. Of course it is gonna be pretty SBR; he has a powder coating addiction; it think he snorts that chit.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep; he isn't gonna be running any av gas this year though. Pretty sure he said just 5lbs of boost on straight pump gas. Of course it is gonna be pretty SBR; he has a powder coating addiction; it think he snorts that chit.

Me thinks that too...snort'n bastage.
Good for him on the pump gas, plenty of power to get him in and out of trouble.

Sent - but who really cares????

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to tss they recommend using av gas I've heard every mixture from 50/50 to 20/80

Yeah TSS pushes the Av-Gas pretty hard. To me though it's cheap insurance especially if you're only planning on running about 6 pounds or so. (Which you won't once you have it but that's another story!!!) Also you're not paying that much more than premium for better fuel either with guys talking about $1.44 AV gas in Edmonton. Premium in Revy or Golden (not sure about Vale or McBride) is usually $1.40 to $1.45 anyways.

I've had my TSS kit for over a year now and had very little in the way of problems. Went through a set of reeds last season, that's it. Freshened up the top end this year just to be safe. Whenever I've had questions the guys at TSS have been great to deal with on the phone and most weekends they are in Revy or Sicamous so it works good for me to get my stuff to them if I need to.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The aero we are running is pump gas only. 94 petro for 2000 trouble free km.

pre season check up consisted if the following:
pump gas in sled
start it (push button)
load it
ride it

Took it easy for the first few kms to burn out the oil from the etec fogging system.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Boondocker kit is awesome, tight fit but fits well. The new box is the closest thing you'll get to standalone management for the etec. EBC looks after boost and fuel changes when changing altitude for you. Boost ported cylinders and cut head, thermostat and a good vent kit are a must. 10-12 psi all day on av. I totally agree with tss on av gas, its cheap,its available and its always consistent. If your cutting fuel 50/50 pump and 112 your only achieving 100 motor octane anyways for double the cost of av at 1.40/litre. Best part of the BD kit is the sled looks absolutely stock other than the venting. Heres some pics pm or call me for more details 780 986 6370

Deano

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 226

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a couple more.

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 229

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY ! where does my muff pot go? .....I will give you a shout soon deano im still looking for a nice 154 xm just cant find one with low enough miles for my piece of mind want to do my home work and get all my bases covered before i invest and find out i need to run higher fuel.....i currently run 30/70 av on my little m7 mod but sometimes it can be a hassle. So thats why i wanted to get away from that i have no worry about paying for av gas because i already do but nothing beats convience of the pumps.

Ideally i would like to find a 154 with a turbo already but they seem to be in short supply for some reason ....might just keep riding my 7 while its for sale and savin incase something comes my way.

Last edited:

Bradvtown

Reaction score
Not knocking the 154's by any means but if your after a turbo maybe look for a 163" instead. My buddy has an M8 pump gas turbo 15_? and it wheelies pretty good climbing. Looks cool but not much for climbing function.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not knocking the 154's by any means but if your after a turbo maybe look for a 163" instead. My buddy has an M8 pump gas turbo 15_? and it wheelies pretty good climbing. Looks cool but not much for climbing function.

Depends on what kind of riding yer doing,, lots of pro riders run turbo's on 154&155 Look at Cris Burrandts sleds...

Top Bottom