Pto piston melt down.

gunnerman

Reaction score
Just picked up an 08 m8 from dealer, under 1000 km, went out for first ride on it, made it 4.5 km and melted Pto side piston out of it, any ideas?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
loose jug gasket, blown pto crank seal, nicasil flake? take a pick is it melted or did the piston come apart. Reed boot loose........ Can be allot of things, you need to find out about resent work, any mods that might have been removed....

gunnerman

Reaction score
yea, you know I never even rode it here at home, picked it up from dealer, has 948km, had it in heated shop for a month, put plates on it hauled it to vailmount, unloaded it, warmed it up and made it 4.5km, it's back where it came from. was told it still has warrenty. Just was wondering where you got that profile pic, is that you in it?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, you know I never even rode it here at home, picked it up from dealer, has 948km, had it in heated shop for a month, put plates on it hauled it to vailmount, unloaded it, warmed it up and made it 4.5km, it's back where it came from. was told it still has warrenty. Just was wondering where you got that profile pic, is that you in it?

If you are ever out in valemount or mcbride area and you need any help with parts or repairs give the shop a call. We stock alot of parts for alot of different machines. We are always glad to be able to help people out to salvage a weekend of riding or do mods to sledsa or even just supply parts. We also have a large selection of accesories and clothing in stock also.

gunnerman

Reaction score
ok, wow, can a guy run some sort of an injector cleaner through the system at all? Thanks for the info.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its me in the profile pic, That was the first of 5 of those trucks i restored in Kazakhstan a few years back. Tengiz region just off the Caspian sea, Make Ft Mac. look like Honolulu!!

gunnerman

Reaction score
Ok, well thanks everyone for the information. When I get it back there are a few things for me to look at.

Top Bottom