Possible problems with the 174 T3

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm I cant wait for the 200's with turbo's and he newbies doing 100 on the trails so they don't feel the whoops cause there special

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hmm I cant wait for the 200's with turbo's and he newbies doing 100 on the trails so they don't feel the whoops cause there special

That is going to be fun! I am sure with all the financing these days, there will be a lot of those types in the mountains and in places they haven't got a clue about!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to ski-doo for building a factory 3" sled. Although a 3" / 174 won't be the best choice for MOST riders, they will sell a pile of them, and all other manufacturers will have to step up their game. This is a good thing for all consumers, but may not be a good thing for inexperienced riders that will already have sleds available to them that allow them to travel in areas that place them (and others) in harm's way - which far too often results in tragedy & more bad press for the sport. Not bashing the doo - it will prove itself as a great sled.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its hilarious. we are talking 4-5 inches here and everytalks like this thing is 10 feet longer.

ive had many 174 sleds. you cant tell a loss in power, you cant tell much loss in trackspeed. couple km/h maybe. granted it is still a loss. but this new track is lighter and more flexible so haters gona hate LOL

Geez I seem to recall hearing the same when they went from 136 to 144 then to 151 and 159 and then to 163, people are always going to question and doubt everything, want more power by a freaking turbo problem solved, are parts going to break? Oh hell yeah unless you sit at the cabin with the big fancy sled and brag about how well it works but yet it has never seen anything other then the groomed trail.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez I seem to recall hearing the same when they went from 136 to 144 then to 151 and 159 and then to 163, people are always going to question and doubt everything, want more power by a freaking turbo problem solved, are parts going to break? Oh hell yeah unless you sit at the cabin with the big fancy sled and brag about how well it works but yet it has never seen anything other then the groomed trail.

Dont be so sure, I have a 5000 km on a 163" XM TSS turbo with pull the cord and go performance... I think the guys are close to perfecting it...

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I can verify that his XM does not sit in front of any cabin!! In fact it is usually airborne.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with Doolaid is how damned expensive it it!!
😳😳😳😳

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

Hmmm... With all the money I save on gas, I can afford it! My etec burns 10-15$ less gas per ride than my buddys Cat...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... With all the money I save on gas, I can afford it! My etec burns 10-15$ less gas per ride than my buddys Cat...

not only that but the resale is higher. up front cost undeniably more $. but it all evens out in the end. but one person gets a better product LOL

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not only that but the resale is higher. up front cost undeniably more $. but it all evens out in the end. but one person gets a better product LOL

Haha that was the logic I used on myself...
It worked like a damn!!

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will say though that the Cat has just as much power and climbs just as well with the 2.6" track... But he has had his share of troubles and numerous updates equalling downtime and missed trips... I'm at 2600km in two seasons on the original belt and the only time I've been down it was my fault(rock damage last year).

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is the Problem I see.....

I am thinking of jumping ship and getting one but......, Will I HAVE to Drink the Doolaide??

it dosent taste that bad kinda sweet tho!!....snow checked, thanks trent
09_1920x1200_summit_x3_etec800r.jpg

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hehehe...you should try opening that thing up once in a while, etec's are NOT good on fuel at wide open throttle, I've proven that many times over:)

your right, in deep powder last sat i used my extra gas to get back to the truck. but thats because the flipper didnt leave the bar much that day and neither did the grin on my face.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check this out. The pipe comes into the can from the side so you got the whole top of the can to mount your muffpot. Look real close, all you got up there is the probe mount.

Winning!

Well on second look. The side cover vent might be dumping in that location... Ahhhh something will work. My hotdogger on the 14 is mounted right behind the can on the pipe and is Kind of a pita. Be nice to have more room there with the t3.

Last edited:

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally put my money down on a black 174, looked one over yesterday in st paul, I like that the rear susp back mount bracket is heavier as well, that was definetly a weak point on the xp and xm models

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally put my money down on a black 174, looked one over yesterday in st paul, I like that the rear susp back mount bracket is heavier as well, that was definetly a weak point on the xp and xm models

good for you man , the biggest thing for me is the etec motor.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious, I was looking through the options and there is a third LED light that you can get that mounts under the headlights. Is this new for this year or has it been around? Thinking it's pretty cool though.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious, I was looking through the options and there is a third LED light that you can get that mounts under the headlights. Is this new for this year or has it been around? Thinking it's pretty cool though.

damn i didnt see anything about LED lights at all gona have to re read the specs 10 more times..

Top Bottom