Polaris Sportsman or Kingquad

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2, and 115KM/h means nothing.. It's just like saying I have a pipe where the only power gains are at 11,000 rpm... Congradulations...

A single cyl will never have the grunt of a twin. If your a hard core mudder, or simply want power. Twin hands down. I've owned singles... Never again shall I go down that road..

Ya no chit woo 115km/h. If i put stock size tires on the 850 i can Hit a 125km/h but speed meens nothing off road when what you need is low end grunt to get thing moving.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between the Polaris and the KingQaud...go with the King all the way ! Those 800 Popo's rad is way to low and winch too high, (not all) but many of them break down and or have problems often.(yes some of them are reasonably realiable).
Generally the King will be much more realiable and have less overheating problems

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no chit woo 115km/h. If i put stock size tires on the 850 i can Hit a 125km/h but speed meens nothing off road when what you need is low end grunt to get thing moving.

Exactly. Speed doesn't pull the heavy load or spin the mud tires.

Between the Polaris and the KingQaud...go with the King all the way ! Those 800 Popo's rad is way to low and winch too high, (not all) but many of them break down and or have problems often.(yes some of them are reasonably realiable).
Generally the King will be much more realiable and have less overheating problems

OR spend 500 dollars on a rad relocate and never have to worry about over heating if you plan to sink it... Then you can have your awesome twin cylinder power and ride it too.

If you don't want to relocate, switch over to a heavy duty fan and a triple cycle oversized radiator and run some engine ice.... Problem solved.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River

x2. I've got lots of customers that ride kings w no problems, well except for drunkin disorderly's(rollovers, etc)We all ride with outty's, Gade's, TC's, MP's
and i go everywhere they go. Sum of the very first 4x4's where air cooled singles. Who do ya think was first on 4 wheels? The same ppl who built the 300 tank with 15 forward gears and 3 reverse w Diff lock.
Do the research, take sum test rides, figure out what u want to do with ur selection, Im pretty sure u'll be happy with the kingquad.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2. I've got lots of customers that ride kings w no problems, well except for drunkin disorderly's(rollovers, etc)We all ride with outty's, Gade's, TC's, MP's
and i go everywhere they go. Sum of the very first 4x4's where air cooled singles. Who do ya think was first on 4 wheels? The same ppl who built the 300 tank with 15 forward gears and 3 reverse w Diff lock.
Do the research, take sum test rides, figure out what u want to do with ur selection, Im pretty sure u'll be happy with the kingquad.

Don't forget it had IRS.....

sledman22

Reaction score
Well thanks I'll have to give both a try and see which one I like better. The biggest set of tires would only be like a 30" so I'm not to worried ill break something and it will be warrantied hopefully.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Well thanks I'll have to give both a try and see which one I like better. The biggest set of tires would only be like a 30" so I'm not to worried ill break something and it will be warrantied hopefully.

ur dreamin, popo warranty is junk. They cant even fix their sled motors from blowin up. It all depends on ur warranty rep. i riode with a buddy that put on 29.5 outlaws on his 800 sportsman and we were goin to the mud pit, he didnt even make it off the trailer, snapped an axle, then out almost at the pit, he broke the other side rear axle. machine was only 4 months old. Guess what, popo didnt warranty his axles. their techs sed it was because he wasnt in low range and he juiced it in reverse.
U'll love the ride of the king.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup yup. the ol'tanks did. Im lookin at that goofy rear stance rite now.

Lol, yeah. Two of my buddies got 'em old kings kicking around.

ur dreamin, popo warranty is junk. They cant even fix their sled motors from blowin up. It all depends on ur warranty rep. i riode with a buddy that put on 29.5 outlaws on his 800 sportsman and we were goin to the mud pit, he didnt even make it off the trailer, snapped an axle, then out almost at the pit, he broke the other side rear axle. machine was only 4 months old. Guess what, popo didnt warranty his axles. their techs sed it was because he wasnt in low range and he juiced it in reverse.

Sometimes you can also get a really crappy dealer thats only in it for money. Been there with a few of 'em from all makes.

Yeah the older Polaris axles aren't the strongest, but you can replace 'em with Gorilla ones. My buddy also snapped 'em on his Grizz.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The warranty has nothing to do with polaris and everything to do with the dealer. Christ we install lifts and big tires right out of the showroom and have no problem giving warranty. But what does you buddy expect when you are running a lift with 29.5" tires and stock axles. They are going to break. When I ran an 800 with them tires I broke a front axle every ride. and every one of them was covered by warranty.

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
The warranty has nothing to do with polaris and everything to do with the dealer. Christ we install lifts and big tires right out of the showroom and have no problem giving warranty. But what does you buddy expect when you are running a lift with 29.5" tires and stock axles. They are going to break. When I ran an 800 with them tires I broke a front axle every ride. and every one of them was covered by warranty.
Hopefully theres no polaris reps or warranty techs looking at this for your sake:nono:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully theres no polaris reps or warranty techs looking at this for your sake:nono:

why? If the issue with the bike has nothing to do with the tires and lift then why wouldn't there be warranty.

Also, it has alot to do with how the dealer words it. If they word it the wrong way the warranty can get denied. You can mean one thing and it can be protraid another way.

Last edited:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"ur warranty is only as good as ur dealer"

Well at my shop, we dont make the decision on warranty, we just provide facts and details to the Suzuki warranty rep, and they make the decisions.

I had an LT-R 450 before my YFZ that was fairly modded out with a pipe, PClll, intake and a few others. As it would turn out I ended up blowing 3rd gear on it which is a common problem on the '08+ LT-R's. This happened 1 month after the warranty expired. The dealer contacted Suzuki and Suzuki agreed to extend warranty over 1 extra month so they could fix the quad at no cost. As it turned out, the dealer did not fix it, and just gave it back. I took it to another dealer but they wouldn't warranty it period because it was "out" of the original warranty period. After that I got fed up and traded it practically straight across for a 2007 brand new left over YFZ the dealer had.

Point being, this has a LOT to do with the dealer (the fact that one took the effort to contact Suzuki, and the other one didn't bother to do anything) and the fact that both dealers in the end decided to do nothing about my broken transmission.

If you find a Polaris dealer that will warranty your axles, I wouldn't complain about it.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
I'm looking at either a sportsman 800 or a kingquad 700. They are both 07's. They both want similar price and have almost the same amount of miles. Are they both as reliable or how do they compare?

Ride what you can afford, they all break eventually. Just have fun with whatever you ride, there will always be someone with something bigger and better, it would be ridiculous to try and be that someone.

Top Bottom