polaris razor 170 worth the $$$$$$$$$$

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boy wants a 170 razor are they worth the money he is 6 been on his predator 90 since he was 3 looking to trade it off for a razor any feedback would be great and if anyone in here has one for sale i might be intrested

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to look into the Pitster Pro 150cc mini sport buggy!They are made by the same company as the rzr and are way better priced. $3595 In Spruce grove or EdmontonThey have same warranty as. Polarice as wellCheers

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iam kind of leary of the china stuff going to stay with the brand names i have looked at the pister at grassland trailer sales i just dont know about them

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. I was Leary of it too but they literally are made in the same factory! I don't think any of the big four mfg's actually build they're mini quads,sleds or side x sides. ( I'm sure there's probably an exception)Kinda like a few years back when Suzuki and Kawasaki were selling the exact quad but each with different decals I took one for a little burn just before Christmas but didn't buy it because my 7yr old is very small so I'm waiting until summer to give him a chance to grow a little more lol

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have seen seen alot of grief with the rzr 170. they will not go through ANY amount of water without wetting out the ignition, the front wheels and spindles LOVE to fall off these things and they are WAY under powered to climb even the slightest incline. You couldn't give me one. And yes stay away from the china market all together. Unfortunately there isn't must of an alternative.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the 170's front tires so balled up with mud the backs would just spin because it couldn't move. Ground clearance is low, rear axle is solid and a ground scrapper. Steering is jerking as in rip it out of your hands if you hit a bump.

PM Drford on the site, he has one for his kids, not sure if he still does though because it was a POS.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two that both engines went out on before the updated air boxes were sent out!!Conviently after my warranty expired!Polaris screwed me for 2000$ a piece for new engines but with the letter they sent with the new air boxes they recommended that the machines not be used in muddy or dusty conditions!!!I'll never buy another polaris product!!My ass was still sore from owning a 08 800 dragon that had issues when I bought these things!!Only good thing is my kids like them other wise there might have been a couple of electrical fires!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i bite the bullet and bought my boy a new 2012 rzr 170 i put the big wheel kit on it different sprockets on it for more speed full skid plates and bumpers and it lifts it up 2 inches my boy just drives it in the field and no mud so it should be a good unit i will keep u posted how it turns out

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of what it's going to look like i might get some full doors on it too

Attachments

• Polaris_RZR170_BigWheelKit.jpg
    Polaris_RZR170_BigWheelKit.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom