Is it this challenging to find employees elsewhere?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Openly say they want the house, the car, the job, the money just like us older people do.

But they want it on day one, without getting dirty or applying effort.

They have this wild idea that social programs just happen and developed companies owe them a free pass.
News flash - it just doesn't work that way, maybe after 25-30 years of effort.
Each generation gets more out of touch of what work is.
On resumes and attitude about 1 in 20 are worth hiring.
REALLY.
Society acceptance, school teaching and supply everything parents to blame.
yeppers... I got in a argument with some young kid that worked at walmart or mcdonalds or some entry level job like that.. He was dead serious that he should be making over 100g a year so he could afford the 500+g home and new cars and such. He seen no reason why they should not be paying that and thought it was redicouls that he should have to work more than one job and go to school if he wanted the good life. He also could not grasp the concept if they payed that kind of wage on a entry level job then the cost of living could go up and everything would follow until no one could afford to live.. He seen a example of where some KFC or similar had raised the staff wage to over 25hr, told him that business will not be around long because no one is going to pay $20 for a $3.00 burger.. ch!t i went into mcdonalds the other day and it cost $50 to feed us all, never again i could have went to a good resturant and had a good meal for that price.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeppers... I got in a argument with some young kid that worked at walmart or mcdonalds or some entry level job like that.. He was dead serious that he should be making over 100g a year so he could afford the 500+g home and new cars and such. He seen no reason why they should not be paying that and thought it was redicouls that he should have to work more than one job and go to school if he wanted the good life. He also could not grasp the concept if they payed that kind of wage on a entry level job then the cost of living could go up and everything would follow until no one could afford to live.. He seen a example of where some KFC or similar had raised the staff wage to over 25hr, told him that business will not be around long because no one is going to pay $20 for a $3.00 burger.. ch!t i went into mcdonalds the other day and it cost $50 to feed us all, never again i could have went to a good resturant and had a good meal for that price.
Not sure when you ate at a restaurant last but minimum $100 for a family of 4 with no booze.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This street we live on is all Condos Welfare owns, the single mothers get the condos free and there useless men move in after, i have been cleaning the sidewalks on both sides of the street since 2013. and i clean the odd empty driveway, but most have a newer pickup or SUV or motorhome than i have. One lady has lived there about 30 yrs,,raised her kids,,now her grandkids,,she will bring me a Coke and homemade cookies..the odd lady from the rest will say thanks,,Not one guy has,now the New Snowmobiles have moved in now that we have snow..and i mean NEW. not used like i have.

Attachments

• new blade.jpg
    new blade.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 98

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we had a hell of a time finding guys this summer, luckily our current guys have friends and we give them a bonus if they bring a buddy to work and he makes it the whole season.

Some days we bring temps in for heavy labor days. It’s wild out there, when we are working residential, it seems like 3/4 of the block is at home in their houses. Years ago no one used to be home, now, neighbours are all outside watching.

There is some good young guys out there that want to work, we have some, we treat them good, it’s just really hard to find them. People got used to sitting on their ass and getting paid or they all think they’re going to be influencers lol.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very unique labor market right now the 55-65 crowd is retiring they have put in there time stayed in jobs for years had little turnover and slugged away at it these were great employees. 33-55 generation still seems to want to work hard and get ahead they will support the good jobs where there qualified. The 33 and under crowd is a coin toss I have to say entitlement is high work ethic is low and they are as soft as it gets(not all). They also carry the live first work when we have to mentality compound that with work from home and subsidies of the last few years it’s not getting better. I think health care is exceptionally venerable to this situation right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Germany pasted in their legislature guaranteed income for all residents guess they will be like our dicktator and print more money

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Germany pasted in their legislature guaranteed income for all residents guess they will be like our dicktator and print more money
Many will regret going that route, even the self entitled low work ethic one's in this country. That is like fishing for the ruler, pay a stipend and you can get the monkeys to do anything except work no what i mean.

Top Bottom