Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously I have been a Revy regular for 25 years....never ever ever had a day like today. Monsoon at the lakes around noon. It sucked azz. Rain and heavy mashed potatoes all over the mountain. I'd swear we were in Whistler in May and not Revy in Feb. Sorry but that's the real goods.
Safe sleddin
RS
I couldn't agree more Randy. Another expensive trip west to get shut out again. Never been so soaked in my life on the top part of my body. Even my spare gloves in my Avy bag were wet before I could use them. We made it to the lakes early and just burned through them and got back up high. Just a hundred feet of elevation made a huge difference in the snow. From heavy to sluuuurrrrrpy. Cheers!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wet and Heavy yet Soft and Fun! If you can ride in it that is.
And Puking snow up top today!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you mean it was worse than november 27th??

Man this is a strange season for sure.,

Seriously I have been a Revy regular for 25 years....never ever ever had a day like today. Monsoon at the lakes around noon. It sucked azz. Rain and heavy mashed potatoes all over the mountain. I'd swear we were in Whistler in May and not Revy in Feb. Sorry but that's the real goods.
Safe sleddin
RS

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got to ride it different. Stay on the gas down hill and on edge.
HaHa had to figure that out on my own. Never seen snow like that before in all my years of riding. Definately not my favourite thats for sure.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
HaHa had to figure that out on my own. Never seen snow like that before in all my years of riding. Definately not my favourite thats for sure.
You bet big guy!

Enough for me......

Just got home to n ab and snow is dry and fluffy.

My bro just called and they are going sledding in lots of snow in Terrace.Kitamat.
Damn did they ever get hammered...... Lucky bastadages...

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Saturday wasn't bad at all. Decent Viz and the moisture content was reduced by 50%. Good day to play on small slopes and explore new zones cause it was hard to get stuck if you had momentum. Lil black 153 Viper with MPI Factory Turbo was a blast to ride. I had fun.
Safe sleddin
RS

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to admit in my 25 years of going o Revy, I drove in rain from Canmore to Revy Friday afternoon, then rain Saturday to Salmon Arm, down to Kelowna and back to Calgary late last night, I stayed dry in my climate controlled Duramax, but I'm pretty sure my windshield wipers are wore out, plus I didn't use one drop of windshield wiper fluid!!!! lol Crazy weather!!!!!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
I've been a little lazy about posting any pics lately with all the mild and socked in weather we have had over the last month. The swings from deep pow to raining at 7000' and then freezing solid has happened many times this winter but lets hope that's behind us. It was raining Sunday morning buts soon cleared off to an epic sunny and deep powder day.

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 875
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 868
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 876
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 877
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 878

RFish

Reaction score
What elevations were you riding there? What area around Revy is the highest elevation wise? I've rode there 8 years but only ever. Turtle, frisby, hall, boulder.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Sounds like you ride all the hot shots. A good ball park elevation would be between 6800 and 7300' depending what peak you were standing on with yesterdays best snow that top 1000'. You can get to 8500' in the notch on Begbie if that's something your sled will climb.

Top Bottom