Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea we were going to shoot up for a 10 day trip but i dont think its worth it from the local reports ive been hearing oh well maybe next week right b4 xmas

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I might be headed up there next week as well. Hopefully the snow situation smartens up.

brucescotland

Reaction score
I work in the oil and gas industry in Scotland, we pay millions for a weather forecast and feedback local parameters etc and the best we can reliably get is three days so anything more than that is cloud cookoo land in my opinion!!

I am in kelowna tonight heading for revvy tomorrow so I'm hoping for white at the very least!

zeke

Reaction score
rode frisby today. got up the first shack and was a total white out. we ventured on and made it to the second cabin and the sun came out for a couple hrs. had an epic ride til i twisted my knee. anyway ran into lot.s of sleds on the way out and it was getting tracked out but we had a good 8 inches of fresh snow ball snow very forgiving and could climb most any hill. not sure of the foracast but need snow! sorry no pics

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
I work in the oil and gas industry in Scotland, we pay millions for a weather forecast and feedback local parameters etc and the best we can reliably get is three days so anything more than that is cloud cookoo land in my opinion!!

I am in kelowna tonight heading for revvy tomorrow so I'm hoping for white at the very least!

I think most folks agree that long term forecasts are a crap shoot but it's fun to look at em'. I would best almost anyone who plans a trip is looking at a seven day forecast the week before. Just human nature to be in the know. Or at least feel like we are. There's a reason the farmers almanac sells millions of copies each year!

brucescotland

Reaction score
I think most folks agree that long term forecasts are a crap shoot but it's fun to look at em'. I would best almost anyone who plans a trip is looking at a seven day forecast the week before. Just human nature to be in the know. Or at least feel like we are. There's a reason the farmers almanac sells millions of copies each year!

Oh I don't disagree was just stating the obvious in the hope of cheering the thread and myself up a bit, I had to plan my week long trip two months ago so I am totally in the hands of the gods and have a lot of emotion invested haha

My my old man is a farmer, I think the weather app is the only one he uses on his phone! Haha

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love that Scotland and Idaho are willing to travel to shred some pow . God bless ya and hope you get some epic days cause once you do it's epic !

Awedor

Reaction score
Had some good fun in the caribou closure on Frisby today...plenty of untracked decent snow. Would I drive 13hrs for it? Not sure, but I'd definitely spend my day shredding and having a hard time wiping off the grin!
:)

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder yesterday was maybe 6-8" of fresh in the alpine. No many tracks past Sugar bowl. Was puking when we came down. Trees around cabin were terrible previous rain beat the crap out of the snow down lower.

Ridden worst snow but could be better.

Last edited:

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We drove up to revy late Wednesday night expecting so deep fresh from the forecast that was given. Has done nothing but rain since we got here. That being said, it's not horrible. Would I have come 13hrs if I knew conditions were like this?? Probably not

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
We drove up to revy late Wednesday night expecting so deep fresh from the forecast that was given. Has done nothing but rain since we got here. That being said, it's not horrible. Would I have come 13hrs if I knew conditions were like this?? Probably not

Where were you riding at?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well? Whats the latest? Any access from the parking lots at Boulder and Frisby still? Any new snow ?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well? Whats the latest? Any access from the parking lots at Boulder and Frisby still? Any new snow ?

3km up you hit snow it was +5 today. Surprised there still grooming. Guys are still dropping in parking lot and just dealing with it I guess. We come in the west entrance and snow is fine on the trail. Up top snow is garbage. Looked promising yesterday but today is ****ty we went from turbo to private medows and no good snow

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3km up you hit snow it was +5 today. Surprised there still grooming. Guys are still dropping in parking lot and just dealing with it I guess. We come in the west entrance and snow is fine on the trail. Up top snow is garbage. Looked promising yesterday but today is ****ty we went from turbo to private medows and no good snow
Ya and no new snow in the forecast till next Friday may be the first time in recent memory that never got a ride in before Christmas.....:(

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a great ride today

Attachments

• revy2 017.jpg
    revy2 017.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 867

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
SnoPro,
I was riding with Gibsons today, We basically did every spot on Boulder and snow is hero snow.
Lots of untracked but when and if you can sink a ski, you have have found the patch.
Trail fromFrisby is ridiable, the trail up to Bezanson and Kirkup should be decks and trucks.......
Welcome to late April conditions....
2nd lake actually has open water.
They closed trails on Frisby yesterday due to the creeks flowing......

Bizarre conditions for December.... but all in all great day today with on and off sunshine and great folks all around to share stories with..

Hope things change here in the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom