Official REVY riding condition!!!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6dIqMOTWY[/media]

Sale last sunday

Awesome stuff.

I've never been to Revy. The only time I've made the trek out there we found it too busy in town and pushed onto Sickamouse and had one of my most memorable days of sledding. We had Eagle pass to ourselves almost on a bluebird day. Maybe one other group out there, but we didn't see them. Guys at the bottom said 6" up top. There was over 2.5 of untouched everywhere!

Either way, back on topic. You are my hero for No Boarding. I want to find another board so I can convert my current Jeremy Jones board into a No Board. Looks like so much fun!

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riding was awsome, getting a bit punched but still had a blast up there. The trail up is super beat! Where are the groomers? Sorry to the out of towners who drive for hours or days( met some guys frome Quebec, 40hours stright!!) Not sure why, but the trail sucks.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Both mtns. were groomed Thur. night for Fri. and Fri. night for Sat. here are the grooming reports. Condition of the trails at the end of the day depend on the amount of riders, temp. and how people are riding them. We rode up the Bezanson on Sat. about 9:30 and it was good. When we came down around 5 the Bezanson was he!! (it usually sees the most traffic) so we headed down the Kirkup and it was still good till the bottom part.

Grooming report for Thurs. Feb. 3, /11, 9:00 pm

Boulder

Groomed: Kirkup, Bezanson, top

-7 deg.c 10” fresh, 10.5’ total. Windy, snowing.

Frisby to top,

Streeter Street

-8 deg.c, 6” fresh. Snowing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grooming report for Fri. Feb. 4, /11 10:30 pm

Boulder

Groomed Bezanson, Veideman, West trail,

0 deg.c, 2” fresh, 10 ½ ‘ total.

Frisby to top,

0 deg.c, 12” fresh

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Oh Boi.jpg

Areas were really windblown and others were deep. Did some trick riding, looking for parts for an 07 dragon belly pan, bumper, hood, headlinght and windshield.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riding was awsome, getting a bit punched but still had a blast up there. The trail up is super beat! Where are the groomers? Sorry to the out of towners who drive for hours or days( met some guys frome Quebec, 40hours stright!!) Not sure why, but the trail sucks.

Went up Boulder at 10 on Sat. and the trail was trashed. Thanks here's my 20$

powpounder

Reaction score
The early bird gets the worm......in this case gets the smooth trail. Go ride Keystone, Sale ao maybe the trail into Turtle and ya won't complain so much about a rough trail......suck it up:beer:

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess if you are from Alberta any trail into the MOUNTAINS is good, for those of us who live here and belong to our club have the right to ask why is one year so different than the other? If you enjoyed that trail out of there then you must have been flown out. If I want to ride a crappy trail friend I would not join the club and go to many places you don't even know about and ride those crappy trails, but would still have my 180$$$$$ Shitty thing is I am actually trying to improve what has taken place, not like your negativity aimed at me. Have you even been up Sale this year? The trail is great, Hydro takes the cat up (no groomer) and it lasts for days and days. Good luck healing your back I'm going riding in my back yard!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The trails were groomed, the sun was out, there was fresh snow on the trails, traffic was heavy and it sounds like they were all travelling hell bent up the Bezanson. There was most likey riders accessing the trail system since 6:30.
Both Boulder and Frisby are typically groomed 7 nights a week, but this sometimes depends on rider #`s during the wk.
Funny thing is about comments regarding to not continue supporting the club and ride the areas that are ungroomed is the club is travelling to Vic. for meetings with ministers this Thurs. to try and prevent a total closure of Caribou Basin and Standard Basin (everything past the cabin at Keystone). Did you know the club has a managment agreement for the emergency shelter at Keystone? The club financially runs our Snow patrol program and are responsible for signing , producing and providing printed matter and informs riders at Frisby, Sale, Keystone and Caribou Basin to keep these areas open to snowmobing with the Mtn. Caribou Closure areas in effect Jan. 1-April 15.
The club works with gov. to promote your right to ride in all of these areas.

Presently we are also working with the BCSF to look after S of Revelstoke and Trout Lk. because there no longer is a club to represent these areas and there are Mtn. Caribou Issues.

A portion of your family club membership $180 is for 2 riders and it supports the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society (the grooming program), another portion supports the British Columbia Snowmoible Fed. (your voice with Gov.) and the remainder goes back to the club.

I sure hope you don`t think I was being negative, but I`m telling ya if my sorry old azz can sit down on my way down at the end of the day the trail is good for me. A real good portion of the Kirkup was still good and actually I came real close to being flown out that day.

RevyG our monthly RSC meeting is tonight 7 p.m. at the clubhouse on Powerhouse Rd. down in the industrial centre. You`re welcome to come on down and meet with us and see how your membership supports the club and the issues we are facing. Would be nice to meet you.

Sledshredder

Reaction score
The early bird gets the worm......in this case gets the smooth trail. Go ride Keystone, Sale ao maybe the trail into Turtle and ya won't complain so much about a rough trail......suck it up:beer:

I would pick the Sale trail over Bumpy Boulder these days!

Sledshredder

Reaction score
I agree with the shi**y trails up Boulder..maybe the driver is forgetting to put the blade down when the machine goes up the road? And hat's off to anyone who can sit down on their way out through those peeks and valleys they call 'groomed' trails. Something has to improve...

powpounder

Reaction score
I am a member of the Revy club, have been for the last eight years. Its the best club going!!! At the end of the day I never expect a smooth trail, how can it be when the trails see as much traffic as these trails do in a day. In the morning when there is fresh snow on the groomed trail, how can one expect it to stay smooth with all the sleds going up. If you're a local why are you riding in such popular areas anyways???? Go to your private little areas that know one cares to ride!! The trail into Sale sees alot less sleds than boulder, so it should stay smoother longer?? Keep up the good work Kathy, our group enjoys riding the smooth trails and will for many more years:beer:

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we were all a little kinder to the trail, it would last longer. The constant blib of the trottle does wonders for a smooth trail.

Become a volunter and find out how much 'Fun" clubs are! Lots of work for a lot of Flack! Usually, the people that bitch the most do the least!

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, best club going, not at all my point. I also believe in belonging to a club so our voice is heard, we need ALL the areas we can get and need a strong voice. My comments are ONLY dealing with the trail conditions not at all with all the hard work done to keep the areas open, signs and all the other awesome work done, what can we say about that amazing new cabin? Sweet comes to mind. I actually am just the voice for many I have spoke with as far away as Virginia and like I said Quebec. I don't want to seem at all like I am not grateful for all the work, just want to see if we can improve the enjoyment of everyone. As you can see from other posts I am not alone in my thoughts. And by the way I will go up Sale it is a great spot. Thanks
I also agree about being kind to the trail, but why do people always confuse constructive criticism with bitching, if no one ever brought things up they would never get discussed. I guess by not listening to people who are not club members who travel here, pay, and support our town AND club and trying to bring the issue to light makes me a complainer so be it. If too many decide to take their money elsewhere then who wins? The club?

Sledshredder

Reaction score
I am a member of the Revy club, have been for the last eight years. Its the best club going!!! At the end of the day I never expect a smooth trail, how can it be when the trails see as much traffic as these trails do in a day. In the morning when there is fresh snow on the groomed trail, how can one expect it to stay smooth with all the sleds going up. If you're a local why are you riding in such popular areas anyways???? Go to your private little areas that know one cares to ride!! The trail into Sale sees alot less sleds than boulder, so it should stay smoother longer?? Keep up the good work Kathy, our group enjoys riding the smooth trails and will for many more years:beer:

Why would we NOT ride there??? We pay our membership and are locals, so we would be pretty stupid not to ever go there!
No one on this thread has ever said the Revy Club is NOT the best thing going, quite the contrary actually. These people are merely trying to give the feedback they hear from people who are not members; who travel to Revelstoke, pay the $20 fee then feel dissapointed in the trail conditions at the end of the day. If issues are never talked about then there certainly is no chance of them ever getting resolved..far from a personal attack on anyone or the club..

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Didn`t come across as constructive criticism to me, especially the comment to not continue to support the club. Believe it or not I pay just as much as you do, guess I appreciate the fact that I can still ride these areas a bit more and understand that my membership or daily trail pass fee is all about a whole lot more than a groomed trail these days.
Like I said before you can not predict the # of riders, snowfall, temp. or how anyone will ride the trails on any given day. I doubt you will find any other area that runs machines up and down their managed trail systems as often as the SRS does.
Maybe next time you ride Boulder on a wknd. check with the SRS trailhead attendant to see what trails were groomed the night before and ride the Veideman or Kirkup, the Bezanson always see more traffic because it is the shortest.
Grooming in the afternoon is a liability nightmare, but at peak times (during xmas and easter holidays) when we see 100`s of riders a day the SRS does a complimentary groom usually around noon. The groom does nothing but look good, trails need cool temps, no traffic and time to set up. It costs $125 an hr. to operate the machine (fuel, wages, insurance, maintenance) and is a 6 hr. round trip to travel up and down.
Hopefully the guys from Quebec are riding Boulder or Frisby and enjoying the groomed trails on a low traffic day and getting in their eyes their $20 worth.
I just wish more people could see the big picture.
I also do speak to people from all over the world who travel to Revelstoke to snowmobile. I have worked for the SRS for 8 yrs. at the staging areas. Revelstoke has become 1 of the top 10 snowmobile destinations in the world and 1 of the top 5 in N America. We travel to snow shows each fall promoting snowmobiling in Revelstoke. I am also well aware of the fact snowmobiling tourism generates 8 million $ a yr. in our little town.
Snowmobiling is one of the fastest growing backcountry sports, and we are running out of places to ride, I can only see problems with groomed trail conditions getting worse in the future as more and more of us are herded into designated areas.
What are your ideas to correct this problem RevyG and sledshredder? Would like to hear them.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Club support is crucial. I used to ride revy alot and still love it like no other.Areas such as valemont and blue river have essentialy lost most of their areas due to caribou closure. Like it or not you better support your local club because without them your secret little spots will be long closed and you will be forced to battle the boulder crowds anyway.

400hp

Reaction score
holy ch!t...let me guess the guys on here complaining about the bumpy trails are the guys that ride up to the cabin and sit in there for hours because they cant see from the fog and snow..... and then ride back down again!!
dont like it ...dont come back...makes more room on the hill for the people that like the sport

Top Bottom