Official REVY riding condition!!!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
For the second year I will be posting current and accurate snow conditions for the surrounding mountians from my weekend rides. I will be straight up front with you and tell it like I rode it so you can plan your trips to Revy knowing what to expect. There should be new pics every time so enjoy!!!

Hiked up to the cabin on Boulder today with 2" of snow at the end of the road and 12" at the cabin. They are calling for colder temps and snow this week up high. It was raining to 6000' yesterday.

Thanks Greg

Attachments

• DSC01023.jpg
    DSC01023.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 9,743

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics and update!! very much appreciated, i will look forward to your updates all winter long

T

:d

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Yes this is a new gate, it replaces the string and flagging tape that was at the 15K landing and end of road. There is closure for motorized past this point in the summer by BC Government to protect the alpine but we have access for trail and cabin work. The gate is about 3K from the cabin. As for the fire wood we will be skidding some dead snags in with the snow cat when there is enough snow. The machine is sitting at 6K on the Kirkup just waiting.

Thanks Greg

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Some riders went up Sale Mtn. a week ago but I heard they beat there skis hard on the rocks. I will try Frisby on the 11th for a road ride if things turn around. Stay tuned... I did get a new ride this year so lets hope it does not get totaled on the first time out, might have to be carefull this year.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets all hope for large dumps, we are booked for the 25th to the 28th and im getting nervous that there wont be any ridable snow.
Thanks for the updates.
win

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never ridden revy and am planning to make to make the trip this year let it snow !!!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
This is my NO BULLsnow report from Frisby on Nov 11. I did have to drive to the end of the road to unload but there was enough snow to get started and the trail has been put in. Went well to the cabin and the top on 18'' of hard base and it just got better from there, made tracks over to Alex's cabin and probed down 30'' on a rain soaked crust with 4'' of fresh. The sun was just coming out on one of the best early season rides I have been on. You can see most all the hazards and climb every thing with out trenching. To bad I did not have any ''friends'' to ride with today... maybe sunday? JR

Thanks Greg

Attachments

• DSC01040.jpg
    DSC01040.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 7,370
  • DSC01041.jpg
    DSC01041.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7,420
  • DSC01046.jpg
    DSC01046.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 7,136
  • DSC01043.jpg
    DSC01043.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 7,209

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just gets better from here on , cant wait, really need to be there to breath some of that fresh mountain air.
Thanks for the pics Greg
Win

Top Bottom