Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_9950.jpg

crop12copy.jpg

IMG_7770.jpg

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frisby Sun. bluebird again. Went right back to 25 km.

....and you look across the lake in the last pic...you can see me and my pals shaking our heads in disbelief that the highways maintenance dept doesn't clean out the parking area for Sale....so with 5 trucks parked there, there is no room for anyone else. THEN we had to drive 10 or so miles down the road to turn around...as no approaches are cleaned off. We would have went to Keystone but we figured it would be "full" as well....so we drove to Golden.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Keystone Friday. There is a lot less snow along the highway there and the parking area was cleared as well as ever. No one else came in Friday. We were making fresh tracks right from the road and had to redo the side-hill. It was worth it as the powder was best back by the cabin.

DSC00680.jpg

Honda619

Reaction score
:):thumbsup2:Our first time to Revy and had a blast. Great group of people who we rode with and great area to ride in. We'll be back. Special thanks to Clint, Lisa, Darryl, Michelle, Logan and Tyler. Extra special thanks to Sled Shed for helping us out on a Sunday morning with a brake fluid reservoir for my XP so we could ride that day.

Attachments

• DSCN0862.jpg
    DSCN0862.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • DSCN0998.jpg
    DSCN0998.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,068
  • DSCN1005.jpg
    DSCN1005.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,071
  • DSCN0881.jpg
    DSCN0881.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • DSCN0973.jpg
    DSCN0973.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,081

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frisby Sun. bluebird again. Went right back to 25 km.

....and you look across the lake in the last pic...you can see me and my pals shaking our heads in disbelief that the highways maintenance dept doesn't clean out the parking area for Sale....so with 5 trucks parked there, there is no room for anyone else. THEN we had to drive 10 or so miles down the road to turn around...as no approaches are cleaned off. We would have went to Keystone but we figured it would be "full" as well....so we drove to Golden.

Last weekend 2 trucks blocked the entire parking area at sale! We had to drive about 8km down and there was a place where logging trucks had been coming onto the highway. It was semi clear and we had to smash the 29ft trailer in there just to get get turned around!

The 4 guys that blocked off the parking never went past the first cut block. We broke trail in and it was unreal deep and soft.

Not sure why they dont have that turn around at the shed pushed back???

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc0iwPoArPM[/media]

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Stopped snowing and we headed up Boulder today had to be 2 ft. of fresh on the trails and they were groomed last night. DEEEEEP and then the sun came out.
Couple pics.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doh, we rode this weekend and a lot of areas where crusty and pounded out. Good to hear there is new snow.

Thankes to the small group from edmonton that shoveled out the shoot in keystone.:)

There was another group however in keystone that where pounding the loaded hills all at the same time while the rest of the group sat right in the run out zone. We had to wait 15 min on top before there was an opportunity to safely cross. That group was oblivious to the danger they where in. The last guy that went up trigger a large slab and even with us trying to get his attention he did not know what he just about generated until he got to the bottom. :rant:

Eventually we crossed, grab out jerry cans and that group of approx 5 sleds all rush up to the avy crossing area and rush through leaving about 3 inches between each sled. :nono:

I am glad no one got hurt but........ rant over.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Frustrating isn`t it?
Take a look, 2 riders stuck in the centre, another rider heads up on the left and to top it off the rider comes from the right and cuts above them all. You can probably guess the date of this pic., when the rider came from the right the hill was sloughing (you can see it on the right above and below the 1st track) and people cheered. I almost threw up.

DSCF4727.jpg

Last edited:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW what does it take for people to learn?

"I am so smart S-M-R-T" quoted from Homer Simpson.

800 RMK

Reaction score
Wow - Morons. I am fairly new to mountain sledding but I sure know enough that this is a dumba$$ thing to do.

Anyone does that to me if I am stuck, they better be bigger than me or there in for a beat down.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a good spot to do that... its never avyed there :eek:
:eek:

T

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Neither does the Bull Pen :rolleyes:
So then a film guy show up in the chopper and then you have a guy stuck on this and another rides way up and cuts above him.
I dropped my camera and wasn`t able to zoom in, but it`s going on believe me.

DSCF4744.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

Last edited:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doh, we rode this weekend and a lot of areas where crusty and pounded out. Good to hear there is new snow.

Thankes to the small group from edmonton that shoveled out the shoot in keystone.:)

There was another group however in keystone that where pounding the loaded hills all at the same time while the rest of the group sat right in the run out zone. We had to wait 15 min on top before there was an opportunity to safely cross. That group was oblivious to the danger they where in. The last guy that went up trigger a large slab and even with us trying to get his attention he did not know what he just about generated until he got to the bottom. :rant:

Eventually we crossed, grab out jerry cans and that group of approx 5 sleds all rush up to the avy crossing area and rush through leaving about 3 inches between each sled. :nono:

I am glad no one got hurt but........ rant over.

They were clowns i'm glad we stopped to watch darwinism in action, same as the ones above in the sugar bowl its pretty simple one person on the hill at a time and keep an eye on your buddies! Its alot easier to get 1 person out and alot less likely he triggers an avy diggiing himself out. For those that like to highmark your buddy while hes stuck your weakness between the ears will catch up to you someday.

Top Bottom