NHL Hockey Lockout

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First B!tch & Complaint:
What make any athlete with 10 times more than a heart or brain surgeon!!!
They actually do something important, like save lives….

Hockey Players are no more than glorified Roman Gladiators on ice…
For millions of dollars paid per year, remove the protective gear and then let then go at it….Gladiator style....
THEN listen to the crowd roar…

This new Edmonton arena is also a joke most people cannot afford to go to a game at Rexall now.
Just wait for the NEW -- $900,000,000.00 Arena (everything the City of Edmonton gets involved it is twice the bid/estimated price) tell the people it will only cost a little to appease them.
It is always far easier to get forgiveness in cost overruns than it is to get permission to build in the first place….

Katz group is no different than the Gremeasians with West Edmonton Mall. Squeeze every tax concession out of the City and reap all the profits.
If he wants this God Damn arena so bad build the FN thing himself and then he can keep all the profits..

FN FN Hockey any way what a toilet for residential tax payers money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cities pay billions for hockey -- what have they done for your sport IE snowmobiling - $0.00
In fact Cities/Counties set up bylaws to prevent your sport...go do that else where NIMBY----"Not In My Back Yard"

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So an owner offers a contract say for a million bucks. Player counters and ask for 1.5 million. They settle somewhere in between and a contract is made. Should that not be the end of the owners responsibility in terms of player income? After all there is huge risk taken on by an owner associated with running a sports franchise. Should they not be rewarded for that if the building fills up every night? What happens if the team tanks and owners lose big time money? Will the player kick in some money? Highly unlikely. Anyway, I hate Bettman and feel both sides are not negotiating in good faith if they had fans best interest in mind.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So an owner offers a contract say for a million bucks. Player counters and ask for 1.5 million. They settle somewhere in between and a contract is made. Should that not be the end of the owners responsibility in terms of player income? After all there is huge risk taken on by an owner associated with running a sports franchise. Should they not be rewarded for that if the building fills up every night? What happens if the team tanks and owners lose big time money? Will the player kick in some money? Highly unlikely. Anyway, I hate Bettman and feel both sides are not negotiating in good faith if they had fans best interest in mind.

The players are greedy bastages Dennis. Like you said they should be happy what they get and the deal they have now. Bettman is a jackazz but he does his job well for the owners.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bettman and Fehr need to go ,bring the Moose {Messier} as the head uncho of the league lol

Last edited:

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those clown's need to go buttman and fehr Period!

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, can you imagine your employee coming into your office demanding over 50 of your profits? I dont get their mind set and how they feel this is justified. So, yes I fully agree, they are greedy bastages! Bettman is a little sleeze imo :cool:

The players are greedy bastages Dennis. Like you said they should be happy what they get and the deal they have now. Bettman is a jackazz but he does his job well for the owners.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how the owners voted 3 months ago to increase the cap and then ask for a reduced cap in the next CBA. They want to limit contract length and dollars yet they are the ones handing out 10 year deals for ridiculous money.
Can someone explain how the revenue sharing works? Players get more money from NHL profits on top of what their contracts pay them? I read an article a couple of months ago about the Sharks and how they choose not to make a profit. They don't charge fans enough to cover their costs, pay too much for star players and lose money every year as a result. Because of revenue sharing, they have no incentive to try and turn a profit.

Something is wrong on both sides and hopefully we have a record year for snowfall so I'll be too tired to watch or care.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First B!tch & Complaint:

For millions of dollars paid per year, remove the protective gear and then let then go at it….Gladiator style....

This new Edmonton arena is also a joke most people cannot afford to go to a game at Rexall now.
Just wait for the NEW -- $900,000,000.00 Arena (everything the City of Edmonton gets involved it is twice the bid/estimated price) tell the people it will only cost a little to appease them.
It is always far easier to get forgiveness in cost overruns than it is to get permission to build in the first place….

Katz group is no different than the Gremeasians with West Edmonton Mall. Squeeze every tax concession out of the City and reap all the profits.
If he wants this God Damn arena so bad build the FN thing himself and then he can keep all the profits..

FN FN Hockey any way what a toilet for residential tax payers money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cities pay billions for hockey -- what have they done for your sport IE snowmobiling - $0.00
In fact Cities/Counties set up bylaws to prevent your sport...go do that else where NIMBY----"Not In My Back Yard"
Gotta agree with you on the hockey/Arena thing but the Town of Whitecourt and County of Woodlands have been and continue to be huge supporters of our sport.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa, settle down. The arena is a different topic all together.

The reason they all make this money is because the fans pay it. Plain and simple.

And the stands still get filled.

And they will still be filled, because the fans forget..

First B!tch & Complaint:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fawk them. hope they stay locked out all season and into the next!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason they all make this money is because the fans pay it. Plain and simple.

And the stands still get filled.And they will still be filled, because the fans forget..

Yup.....it's the Canadian way!

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
My buddy runs a Limo service in Edmt. He always is bitchin about the oilers and how cheap they are. Getting a tip is like pulling teeth he says! He's been saying this for years now. I can't believe the fans put up with these spoiled whiny guys. It's the fans that pay for it in every way in the end. Glad I'm NOT a hockey guy and am living outside of the city.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a little bit of the Theo Fleury documentary this morning. He was talking about his time with the flames,before he spun out of control. He says " I was making $400000.00 after taxes, Every two weeks! A normie can't understand that "

That's a while ago and salaries have certainly gone up for the upper level players. He's right! A normal person can't understand having that kind of money

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a little bit of the Theo Fleury documentary this morning. He was talking about his time with the flames,before he spun out of control. He says " I was making $400000.00 after taxes, Every two weeks! A normie can't understand that "

That's a while ago and salaries have certainly gone up for the upper level players. He's right! A normal person can't understand having that kind of money
Check your math, that's over 10M/year.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
in 1999 he was at 8.5m / yr so depending on the pay schedule it is not that unbelieveable.... he may have meant $40K but that doesent work either because over 26 pay periods that is just over a million and Fleury made a minimum of 2.3m/yr from 1995-2004

Check your math, that's over 10M/year.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 1999 he was at 8.5m / yr so depending on the pay schedule it is not that unbelieveable.... he may have meant $40K but that doesent work either because over 26 pay periods that is just over a million and Fleury made a minimum of 2.3m/yr from 1995-2004
no sh!t didn't think he was making that kind of bank back in the day.

Top Bottom