NHL Hockey Lockout

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody is focusing on the "poor" millionaires and billionaires squabbling over who gets how much more money, What about the poor working people that rely on those games to make a living at their minimum wage jobs?? Think those rich azzholes care about that??? NOT

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, can you imagine your employee coming into your office demanding over 50 of your profits? I dont get their mind set and how they feel this is justified. So, yes I fully agree, they are greedy bastages! Bettman is a little sleeze imo :cool:

Exactly...Where else can employees get to see the owners books and demand 50%+ of the profits. Bettman is a sleeze but the players are a bunch of spoiled whinners.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate gary bettman the bobblehead ... this lookout ticks me off i love hockey i watch everygame i can wheter it be minor or pro i love playing it and for any of you guys that dont enjoy a good hockey play something wrong with you guys imo!! as for how much it cost to go to a game it sucks but most rinks only seat 15000 or so ppl where compared to other sports they seat 30000 to the houston dome that seats 100 000 ppl so obviously going to be cheaper seats to go to a ball game than ever will be to go to a hockey game ... another thing trying to compare salaries is unrealistic as well for baseball and football have 10 times the fan base as hockey ever will ..... anyways i hate this lockout guess ill be watching more olds grizzley games this year tho !!
hockey has 40 home games vs 80 for a ball game,but not defending anyone

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats it...I've been drinking tonight and after reading this thread again I'm going in to tell the boss tomorrow he is fu$% all without me and i want 60% of the profits just like the NHL players....I will update tomorrow on how this works out. Cheers.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL....All Good I got my 60% been busier then an NHL player buying hookers and cocaine all week....Whooooooooooooo.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your math, that's over 10M/year.

They don't get paid during the playoffs or the off season. I believe the players contract is based on the regular season schedule and cheques are only paid during that time. I am enjoying coaching my son's PeeWee A team in Hinton; and could care less if they play or not in the NHL this year.

Last edited:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't get paid during the playoffs or the off season. I believe the players contract is based on the regular season schedule and cheques are only paid during that time. I am enjoying coaching my son's PeeWee A team in Hinton; and could care less if they play or not in the NHL this year.

If they can't stretch a coupla million bucks through the off season, they're too fawkin stupid to survive, and need to look in the mirror for the cause of their money problems.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If they can't stretch a coupla million bucks through the off season, they're too fawkin stupid to survive, and need to look in the mirror for the cause of their money problems.

I'm guessing the lifestyle that is expected when you make that much money is way too much for these dudes to handle. A good agent would look after their clients and make sure they have proper investments, etc.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the lifestyle that is expected when you make that much money is way too much for these dudes to handle. A good agent would look after their clients and make sure they have proper investments, etc.

While you're likely correct, I can't seem to find any compassion for those issues... :D If only my concern were 'You have too much money to handle'

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most players started with nothing and invested only sweat and tears while their parents forked out the bucks during their junior years taking them to out of town games etc etc. My brother in law said it costed them approx 10 grand a year for my nephews hockey habit. Anyway, these guys get drafted (if they are lucky) and bam they make more money than the average Joe even in their first year in the NHL. So in reality these kids fall into BIG money fast with no life experience how to handle it. So greed takes over and they lose focus of reality.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most players started with nothing and invested only sweat and tears while their parents forked out the bucks during their junior years taking them to out of town games etc etc. My brother in law said it costed them approx 10 grand a year for my nephews hockey habit. Anyway, these guys get drafted (if they are lucky) and bam they make more money than the average Joe even in their first year in the NHL. So in reality these kids fall into BIG money fast with no life experience how to handle it. So greed takes over and they lose focus of reality.

Sounds like the parents missed out on teaching some important life lessons.
10K per year hockey habit? I sure hope that kid had the dishes done every night along with the grass cut once a week all summer, at the VERY least.

*Note- Not implying your nephew is of that type, speaking generally.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from my observations, many parents of hockey players are fanatics towards their kids hockey careers to the point other siblings get the short end of the stick. So yeah it would be a safe assumption that many parents "skip" on the life lesson part as they are all too wound up to make sure little Johnny gets into the NHL. Ever been to a pee wee game / junior game? It is embarrassing to see some parents yelling at their kids from the stands.

As for my nephew, over all he is a good kid and he did have to work.

Sounds like the parents missed out on teaching some important life lessons.
10K per year hockey habit? I sure hope that kid had the dishes done every night along with the grass cut once a week all summer, at the VERY least.

*Note- Not implying your nephew is of that type, speaking generally.

Top Bottom