NHL Hockey Lockout

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So where does everyone stand on the NHL lockout? Are you behind the whiny millionaires or the ownership billionaires? I have a hard time understanding how a hockey player feels he needs more of the hockey revenue than the owner. The players are fed, watered, doctored, flown around, all hockey gear and sticks paid for and make huge coin to play a game. The owners buy or lease the building, fly the players all over the continent, feed and house them on road trips, supply all there equipment, pay people to coach, babysit them and pay people to support the team in all functions. WTF is wrong with the world today and why do we still pay our hard earned money to watch these players figure skate around the ice through the regular season so they can save themselves for the playoff.....if they make them?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F*@k em!!!!
Remember when the last lockout ended, all we heard was how " we will make it up to the fans " Will how is this making it up to the fans? I do agree that like in any sport, if you are putting asses in the stands, your compensation should reflect that. The fact that it costs a family of four $500+ to take in a hockey game is outragous. ( low estimate when you figure in transportation,lodging and food/beer )
Let the league perish and lets get out and support our local junior hockey. The games are pretty fast paced, lots of action and affordible for the average family.
just my .02

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
To be devils advocate. Are the players worse than the owners? And before we belittle them for their wanting more $ compare their salaries to other professional athletes?

Don't get me wrong i see where the complaints are coming from and don't disagree. But it's politics. And not all players are in for the lock out. It's the player association pushing not the individual players.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be devils advocate. Are the players worse than the owners? And before we belittle them for their wanting more $ compare their salaries to other professional athletes?

Don't get me wrong i see where the complaints are coming from and don't disagree. But it's politics. And not all players are in for the lock out. It's the player association pushing not the individual players.

Thats a good point plio7. I'm sure there are low end players that scrape by on a measley $500,000.00 a year that will probably feel the pinch during the lockout.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good point plio7. I'm sure there are low end players that scrape by on a measley $500,000.00 a year that will probably feel the pinch during the lockout.
those are basically the only ones that will be majorly hit by the lock out, the 3rd liners that make 500 k, and have the 800 k bills because there still in entry level contracts ect, the rest of them have millions in the bank, and then there are those that took flight to the khl, mark my words a few wont be returning and if they do it wont be for long.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are basically the only ones that will be majorly hit by the lock out, the 3rd liners that make 500 k, and have the 800 k bills because there still in entry level contracts ect, the rest of them have millions in the bank, and then there are those that took flight to the khl, mark my words a few wont be returning and if they do it wont be for long.
Yeah good luck with air travel in Russia. Malkin and Gonchar signed in the KHL today.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense for the players to see more than 50% of the profits but at the same time I am more on their side as they make a lot less than other pro athletes a lot of which do it in a low risk sport which the NHL is not. I also hate Bettman. I guess the reality is both sides are being greedy.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather read willy's posts than watch them over payed spoiled Bastages play what they call hockey. Both the palyers and the owner can take a long hard suck on my arss

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boo hoo...

598935_10151209596065926_436927400_n.jpg

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate gary bettman the bobblehead ... this lookout ticks me off i love hockey i watch everygame i can wheter it be minor or pro i love playing it and for any of you guys that dont enjoy a good hockey play something wrong with you guys imo!! as for how much it cost to go to a game it sucks but most rinks only seat 15000 or so ppl where compared to other sports they seat 30000 to the houston dome that seats 100 000 ppl so obviously going to be cheaper seats to go to a ball game than ever will be to go to a hockey game ... another thing trying to compare salaries is unrealistic as well for baseball and football have 10 times the fan base as hockey ever will ..... anyways i hate this lockout guess ill be watching more olds grizzley games this year tho !!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gary Bettman and the owners don't give a rats ass about the game. The owners created this problem by agreeing to such stupid salaries in the first place. Look at some of the contracts that have been signed in the past few weeks...Retarded. The best thing that could happen to the game is if Bettman and all the player agents got on a plane and it disappeared into the ocean, then the 5 poorest teams could be eliminated and the 100 worst players could go play in the juniors where they belong. Better hockey, more reasonable schedule for the players and no more Bettman. As the game is now I couldn't care less if there is no season, I've watched a total of about 6 games in the last 3 years, usually when waiting for someone at the bar.

M8spenny

Reaction score
i hate gary bettman the bobblehead ... this lookout ticks me off i love hockey i watch everygame i can wheter it be minor or pro i love playing it and for any of you guys that dont enjoy a good hockey play something wrong with you guys imo!! as for how much it cost to go to a game it sucks but most rinks only seat 15000 or so ppl where compared to other sports they seat 30000 to the houston dome that seats 100 000 ppl so obviously going to be cheaper seats to go to a ball game than ever will be to go to a hockey game ... another thing trying to compare salaries is unrealistic as well for baseball and football have 10 times the fan base as hockey ever will ..... anyways i hate this lockout guess ill be watching more olds grizzley games this year tho !!

Well said i was just gonna say the same thing!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would love to see empty buildings across the NHL when they return. Let the fans start a union and push back. Nobody gets paid!!!!!!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish 2 but i think a few team in the states might be gone soon after the lockout , pending how long it last oh those poor poor players and owner's i really feel for them , NOT lol

Top Bottom