New Sled

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its that time of the year,time to start thinking about winter and more importantly SNOW!!!.Started lookin at getting a bigger sled, lookin for suggestions from all you experienced riders out there.Dont really have any brand loyalty, lookin for a sled with rider forward seating posistion,700-800 cc,not sure about track length i'd like something i'd be confident taking into the mountains but still be able to take out ditch bangin and trail ridin locally.started lookin at used 05-08 but haven't ruled out new,have to see what the mrs/accountant will ok.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
!44 or better would be fine,If you like to play keep it short,If you like to climb keep it long.If you want to climb higher..........Get Boost!
catmando!

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Well the catman has the right idea, in the mountains I wouldn't go any shorter than a 144in track. You can have fun in the big hills and not have to worry about tearing up a longer sled when you hit up a poker rally on saturdays. Ski doo offers the most rider forward design, Polaris is a little more relaxed but not as relaxed as actic cat. I recomend going to several dealerships and see which one feels right for you. Best of luck and we will see you on the slopes, trails, and maybe stuck in a tree,...again. Later M.P.E.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2007 Ski Doo X 800r 159" for sale? send me a pm if interested.

I agree with the others go 144 or higher for mountains or should I say POW, and of course 800cc. and yes the Ski Doo has a very rider friendly position very easy to learn on IMO,
good luck

Top Bottom