New skid any opinions (what are you running)

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of a new skid for a pro have a holtz skid in one but thinking of a kmod or timbersled for my other, any other recommendations, tell me what you think.

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the kmod, i have one and it is very smooth and it seems built alot stronger than the timbersled. jmo

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not ez rude? Look at any hill climber and that's what they have if I had an extra 2700 I would by one

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be running a racers edge in my pro, hopefully I will like it. This maybe an option for you.

I've also heard nothing but good things on Bakers Skid (Racers Edge) he makes a quick bolt on upgrade to the stock polaris skid or to ice age rails. It uses a quick clicker rear Elka shock give Daryl a call 403-254-8686 for more info. I will be upgrading my skid to Bakers setup sometime this winter.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 guys I ride with have the Kmod / Raptor package front and rear and I've never been on a better riding sled. I'm in the middle of building a house right now, so the sled mod fund is light, but that's the next thing on the list for my Pro.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your imput i am between kmod and timbersled. The newtimber sled looks pretty cool

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I find the coupling system for timber sled isn't as good as kmod...and timber sled is a little weaker..

ditch1000

Reaction score
Just ordered the KMOD conversion kit today with the Raptor 20 position piggyback shock for the rear. I'll upgrade the front shock a little later or maybe next year. Can only afford this right now.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished putting my Timbersled together last night and to me it's built very well! Going to give the Exit XOs a try, had them set up for my weight ect. I like the fact you can fine tune the coupling with turn of a dial in seconds if the terrain changes. I have the older version on another sled and i was very happy on it's performance. Higgins.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your comment went with a kmod got it from Chris at Parkland Motorsports who is now a kmod dealer. Ill let you know how it works looks like a great product.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your comment went with a kmod got it from Chris at Parkland Motorsports who is now a kmod dealer. Ill let you know how it works looks like a great product.

Hows your Kmod working? How does it compare to the new Timberslut skid? Did you go with the Raptor shocks? Would you recommend it? Would you mind writing up a comparison?

Thanks

Last edited:

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been pretty lazy and the sled is still in peaces i hope to have in out in march but not to sure. The construction the the k mod skid is really nice and i think as fare as the coupling goes for big power sled i think it would do a better job managing power. I went with the raptor shocks and the ice age rails. As soon as i ride it ill tell you how it went.

Top Bottom