Skid Steers

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on who your PSSR is, one of the Edmonton guys has been off on medical leave for about 3-4 months now. His accounts are being handled by a guy out of Surrey
I would have to look it up, we have turned a few reps over in Clairmont Finning the past few years

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting how people are posting $ numbers . Two machines can look exactly the same sitting there but could have $10 to $15k difference in pricing due to how they are optioned .
Ride control
Cab packages
Hydraulic options
Blah blah

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So have it down between Kubota and Case/New Holland. Cat is to expensive, haven't heard back from anyone at Deere or Bobcat so if they don't want my money fine with me.

Both the units are fully loaded and similar sized in terms of specs. Case/New Holland seems has a few smaller options that Kubota dont have (creep mode, better high flow hydraulics, air ride seat and a few others small things). Kubota is a few grand cheaper but not enough to sway based on price alone.

Both units are nice but what unit do you feel holds it value better? Better reliability?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kabota has worked good for us. Is it better.than case? I dont know, its brand new though, it better fkn work.

Unless you're using this for work and going to hour it out i wouldn't over think it too much. Pick.ur favorite color....

Last edited:

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kabota has worked good for us. Is it better.than case? I dont know, its brand new though, it better fkn work.

Unless you're using this for work and going to hour it out i wouldn't over think it too much. Pick.ur favorite color....

I do like that New Holland breaks up the yellow with some grey.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And dealer support !!
Amen to that. I bought first bobcat in 97 and the dealer was good. Had a half a dozen new ones since then. Never had an issue with the dealer and their support. One time we were looking for a new one and I thought I would check on the case models. I walked into the local dealer and wandered around for a few minutes. Finally a girl asked if she could help me. I said I was interested in a skid steer. She paged a salesmen. 10 minutes later there was still no one or no more from here either. Walked out the door . Back to bobcat

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been seeing more kubotas around. I'm curious how they hold up compared to the industrial brands. They seem to be hit and miss on farm machinery. Thier tractors seem indestructible. The haybine my fil bought new has been a complete pos.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Case makes a good machine, but honestly good luck with dealer support around Edmonton, I wouldn't let them touch any iron I own even if they did it for free. Rocky and stony are both awful.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do only see; Cat, Deere and Bobcats on construction sites. Seems these brands must be proven for heavy use. I don't see much Kubuta or JCB on sites maybe some JCB for zoom booms that's it.

Honestly could be a million reasons. Some want a brand like Cat or Deere where they can buy all their iron from, whereas many other brands only offer some pieces. Some like bobcat could be price, IMO there use to be so many bobcats around before cause they were cheap junk. Although i've ran some newer one's and they are a nice machine now. A lot I think is people are scared of something they don't know. Why gamble on a brand you've never owned even if you save money when the one you own has been working out.

I liked my Deere, but it baffles me they can't figure out how to make good electric controls, they are so bad it's not even funny. I would never own one again just for that reason alone, it's infuriating to run a Deere after jumping out of a Case.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Takeuchi hasn't been mentioned, they make a good machine. It's just a shame like many others their dealer support is abysmal.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We are seeing more customers with the Takeuchi skids steers in their fleets too

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just a shame they don't have a good dealer, it's like the red headed step child at SMS. They are not knowledgeable about them, stock no parts, and Takeuchi itself is pretty awful for supporting their stuff. It's sucks cause my mini has been awesome, hands down the best brand of mini hoe by a mile. It's frustrating when you regularly deal with basic filters or belts not being in stock and ordering anything is 1-2 weeks.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly could be a million reasons. Some want a brand like Cat or Deere where they can buy all their iron from, whereas many other brands only offer some pieces. Some like bobcat could be price, IMO there use to be so many bobcats around before cause they were cheap junk. Although i've ran some newer one's and they are a nice machine now. A lot I think is people are scared of something they don't know. Why gamble on a brand you've never owned even if you save money when the one you own has been working out.

I liked my Deere, but it baffles me they can't figure out how to make good electric controls, they are so bad it's not even funny. I would never own one again just for that reason alone, it's infuriating to run a Deere after jumping out of a Case.

What seems to be your issue with the controls? The g series seems pretty smooth if you ask me have 3 levels of production to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom