Garage Humidity

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep in mind Tyler you will need to maintain about 15-16C for a humidifier to work effectively. If your doors are not insulated that is priority one IMO. You will blow the budget on gas.
That's a very valid point too yes.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have found this one works well.

Frigidaire FGAC5044W1​

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a dehumidifier from crappy tire, with my infloor heat. Works good, unfortunately the thermostat has to be set higher.
I never understood sucking the hot air out of a heated space to control moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Refringent or LGR dehumidifiers are only effective with a temperature above 12 deg C. Any where below a desiccant unit is the only way you can reduce humidity. The small 'consumer commodity' units are basically garbage and only remove limited humidity and you have to empty them manually. You can get cheaper chinese knockoffs from some restoration supply stores, but for better units that will last and remove more GPP (Grains Per Pounds) of moisture from the areas there located in spend the additional funds and get a Dri-Eaz, Phoenix or Abatement Technologies Units, they also have a pump-out and discharge hose.. (I specialize as a Consultant in the water/fire damage industry)

Top Bottom