Need a sled for the girlfriend

couchrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to get my girlfriend a sled for this season. Not sure what to get her. New, used? What size? Any suggestions?

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
What type of riding? I'm selling my wifes 2008 Polaris 700 cfi HO Switchback, has a 136x1.5 track and 2" bar riser $8700.00. This sled works well for both trail and most mtn riding.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats her experience. whats your preferable brand

just get her a turbo then when yours is down you have back up!!!! yup I am always thinking:d

or maybe a Rev,, great sled to learn and works great for decent money.

but whats the budget???? because we can dream ya up some real good stuff

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife got a 550 fan cooled Summit Rev a few years back and she loves it. It's her first machine and has been great for her to learn on. It does fine on/off trail around here and got around fine at Clemina last February. It's a great machine to get comfortable with riding and seems to have enough power for off trail riding. Just my 2 cents.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 09 600 Polaris for my gf. It's a great little sled, she likes it, and i don't mind it either lol...:beer:

couchrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info from all you guys.
She is a new rider but has very little experience. I am leaning towards a Rev for her but she likes Polaris (might just be the look) not sure. Cant wait to get her to the sled show so I can show her all the makes and models. I ride mostly mnt but am new to the sport myself (Mostly follow my friends around). But am definatly hooked. Not sure if I should get her a cross over or if she will follow me up to the mnts all the time.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
All you crazy guys out there. You just need to do what I did, found a girl with a sled. Woman, as far as I'm concerned, are like GI Joes. There alright by them selves (boarder line boring really), but with accessories, they can kick some real ass.

cattamer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info from all you guys.
She is a new rider but has very little experience. I am leaning towards a Rev for her but she likes Polaris (might just be the look) not sure. Cant wait to get her to the sled show so I can show her all the makes and models. I ride mostly mnt but am new to the sport myself (Mostly follow my friends around). But am definatly hooked. Not sure if I should get her a cross over or if she will follow me up to the mnts all the time.

we have 2 used polaris sleds on our lot here ones a 2000 and the other a 2002 both 136" tracks great condition the 2000 has only 1636 miles on it its and RMK 700 the other has a few more miles on it. u can contact me at 780-672-9136 and ask for Dennis

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont get her something that is over kill. One thing you don't want to do is turn her away from sledding if she is new to the sport. buy her something newer and easy to handle. Maybe like a 600 with a 146" track on it. just my two cents.

assaultbear

Reaction score
You mtn guys will all laugh. My wife has been riding a 95 XLT for 6 seasons and loves it. For sale now as she's getting my 99 XC700, I'm getting an Assault. She loves the XLT as it's all set up for her.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get her something with a comfortable ride, like a 136" track would offer. It should have a high windshield, really warm grip heaters. If it is light like a fan cooled even better. If she is comfortable, warm and finds the sled easy to handle there is a much higher probability she will continue in the sport and/or support you in it.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is so attached to her 2000 Mtn Max 700. She is just so comfy on it but in the deeper stuff she can't go where I go so this year I picked her up a 2007 Summit 600. I've heard that these are great sleds for women. She's so nervous about a new sled and she's been riding for 6 years. I think I'm more excited about trying it out than her. If you do Mtn riding, don't get a 136" track. You'll be wishing you got her something with some more flotation as she will be very hesitant to crack it when she's sinking. I'd say minimum 144". My wife tried my buddie's 07 Polaris 600 with a 155" track last year and she really, really like it. Unfortunately I couldn't find her one around here at a decent price. Also get her a sled she can stand up on comfortably. She doesn't want to be hunched over the bars when you get off trail. I know this one from personal experience with my wife. Good luck. You guys are gonna have a blast together. :beer:

Jake

Reaction score
I have a 97 700 RMK going up for sale shortly, stock and reliable. The wife does not have much interest any more and the kids are at the age they where they want to do their own thing. 3,200.00, 780-717-4432

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were trying to figure out what to get for the girlfriend. she liked the ride of my IQ but didnt need the power. she liked the way you sat up higher on it. so we found a 2005 600 switchback with a 151 track and a boss seat to give it the feeling of sitting higher like my IQ. she loves it and the 600 surprized me where it will go with the 151 track. Now its getting stripped down and powdercoated pink just for her. just my 2 cents.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions but really you have to look at the kind of riding you do with your girlfriend. If you guys stick to trails then find something with some decent power and a shorter track. If you guys like to play off trail then something with a little more power and a longer track.

The worse thing you could end up doing is getting a shorter track sled with no power and she gets enough experience to follow you around then you find yourself stuck somewhere with a sled you can't ride out of a spot if you have to.

My girlfriend first rode a sled 2 seasons ago. We stuck her on a 800 summit 151. She is 5'3 and a 100lbs. She rode the 151 again last year with no issues. She sticks around the chalets but atleast when does want to venture off trail there is enough sled to do the job.

I am someone who thinks more sled is better than less in this case.

skrat

Reaction score
I had my wife on a 2007 Phazer. I am selling it here:

open to offers.

Great sled, but she tried my 700 Dragon and said seeing as I am building a mod, she wanted to take over mine. Who am I to complain!

Willing to deliver as far as Alberta for gas and beer or two...

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

open to offers.

Great sled, but she tried my 700 Dragon and said seeing as I am building a mod, she wanted to take over mine. Who am I to complain!

Thats what i got the girlfriend to ride as well. It definitely isnt a power house but its fun to ride.

I let her ride my turbo nytro and she didnt like it, said it felt too big.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

open to offers.

I had a 2007 Phazer for the first half of last year, I would certainly not recommend the Phazer to anyone. Now I know some people like them, but why...I'll never know after owning one. It wasn't the lack of power it was just so darn tippy..... on and off the trail. My wife tried it a couple of times and absolutely hated it.

Top Bottom