Mounting Sled Deck on Ford F350

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi! I’m getting a new F350 with an 8 foot aluminum box so not sure the best way to mount my Marlon 8 foot sled deck? In the past I’ve drilled holes through and bolted, just not sure if this is ok with the aluminum box? Also I may not be keeping this truck more than 4 or 5 months so could I get by with turnbuckles? Appreciate any input! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 109

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi! I’m getting a new F350 with an 8 foot aluminum box so not sure the best way to mount my Marlon 8 foot sled deck? In the past I’ve drilled holes through and bolted, just not sure if this is ok with the aluminum box? Also I may not be keeping this truck more than 4 or 5 months so could I get by with turnbuckles? Appreciate any input! Thanks
I hope my Alumiduty is with me a good long time. I built these shoes to go under the Marlon buckets and spread the weight to the troughs as well. There are matching plates on the rear bottom as well. The front bottom lined up close to a crossmember so l did something a little different. All bolted tight.
20230303_140342.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What is posted above is recommended as turnbuckles are not recommended for the load you are carrying. If your in an accident they will fail. Brianh hit a moose with his deck and his was bolted in. I couldn’t imagine the outcome if it was only turnbuckled in

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just turnbuckle it in 4 corners and run some heavy duty straps in an x pattern across the front of the box. I’m a rebel though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When your mounting it to a $120,000.00 truck you may want be sure it doesn't move around and tag the cab. Especially if a guy is going up old logging roads. Just sayin.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope my Alumiduty is with me a good long time. I built these shoes to go under the Marlon buckets and spread the weight to the troughs as well. There are matching plates on the rear bottom as well. The front bottom lined up close to a crossmember so l did something a little different. All bolted tight.
View attachment 274234
Looks good! Thanks

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to drill holes my buddy at adapter so he could use the factory 5th wheel puck system.

Interesting, I’d be interested in something like that for my Ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 274234

I welded the exact same type of spacers to the bottom of my limitless deck to spread the weight as well. Underneath the box are the same size plates with spacers to sandwich it all together. I also lightly turn buckle my deck in the reduce the amount of stress on the legs and welds when the sleds are bouncing around up top.

Top Bottom