My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just had feeding tube put in my nose that was hell. Lost 30 lbs A bit much in a month
Next is the tube for breathing in my neck. That will be scary. Then Wednesday even worse. I see I have a lot of support thanks to alll for the kind messages.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They are doing the tracheotomy and feeding tube in chest tomorrow this one causing too many issue as my esophagus won’t let it down and I taste some blood. I’m asymmetric for. COVID now since being at first hospital. So a bit more fun, no issues from that though. Taste, smell, no cold no headache

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are doing the tracheotomy and feeding tube in chest tomorrow this one causing too many issue as my esophagus won’t let it down and I taste some blood. I’m asymmetric for. COVID now since being at first hospital. So a bit more fun, no issues from that though. Taste, smell, no cold no headache
Wow 15 yds for piling on. Once again all the best Ron.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How great is Ron at helping people?
Here is what Ron did today with everything going.
Somehow Ron ended up in the same room as my Dad.
My Dad had a massive stroke a few days ago and can’t move right side, can’t talk or just kind of says yes and no.
Also has a feeding tube. None of our family have seen my Dad
Ron texted me and asked if my Dad was there. Yes he is.
Ron send us pictures of my Dad, talked to the nurse, arranged so we can get a I pad to my Dad. Ron took the time to text me a conversation about me Dad. Even with Ron not well himself he went out of his way to help us.
I am now headed to buy a I pad with cellular on it and dropping it off at the U

Thank You Ron from all of our family.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How great is Ron at helping people?
Here is what Ron did today with everything going.
Somehow Ron ended up in the same room as my Dad.
My Dad had a massive stroke a few days ago and can’t move right side, can’t talk or just kind of says yes and no.
Also has a feeding tube. None of our family have seen my Dad
Ron texted me and asked if my Dad was there. Yes he is.
Ron send us pictures of my Dad, talked to the nurse, arranged so we can get a I pad to my Dad. Ron took the time to text me a conversation about me Dad. Even with Ron not well himself he went out of his way to help us.
I am now headed to buy a I pad with cellular on it and dropping it off at the U

Thank You Ron from all of our family.
Good to send that photo he was with speech pathologist and trying to explain that one of his sons named Ray is a fire fighter been for a long time and trying to say captain in Leduc. I heard this and was blown away. I knew what he was trying to say but he couldn’t so I said it for him. Told him I’ve known Ray for many years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis has been in touch with Ron's mom as well as Ron's sister. We will do our very best as Ron's friends to keep everyone informed as to his progress. I cannot stress enough how worried we all are for him and are definitely thinking the most positive of thoughts for his procedures and outcome. We will do everything we can to keep everyone in the loop.

If anyone has site issues or needs help with anything please reach out to myself or to Sledbunnyracing.
I reported this post just so Ron knows I'm still around.

In all seriousness Ron, take care buddy and get well soon. You're in the best hospital in the province.

Top Bottom