Munster finger throttle and right hand disability

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm having to go with the Munster finger throttle due to the issues I have with my right hand from my brain surgery. My right side is numb from chest down. My hand took the worst of it and I have no sensation what so ever. I can push the throttle and mostly be in control but when climbing or hard carving was finding myself hitting full throttle and that can be scary Expecially on the g5 turbo. So I went the direction of a finger throttle. Seems to work fine, a bit to get used to but this is much safer. So since I have an expert sled it has handgaurds. Can I add the muster protector as well? Where is the best position both in relation to the grip and angle for one of these. Pics would be great.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ran the guard with the doo deflectors but I also dont smash the trees like my boys do
they need the solid guard for sure

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the hand guards on my G4 but it’s my understanding that they are fairly flexible. As for the finger guard, I don’t see why you couldn’t run both.

When I’m standing up and have my finger on my throttle, it is pointed almost straight in line from my elbow down to my wrist. Almost like it’s and extension of my hand. I find that a super low position keeps my wrist straight and reduces a lot of stress/ tension on my forearm. I also run my break lever in the same orientation. And I have both mounted as close to the centre of the bars as I can. Right to where they slope down. I don’t have huge hands and like using my index finger tips on both. This also stop the finger throttle of getting caught on the glove on my middle finger. When it did catch I was limited to about 80% or WOT when I wanted 100%.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the guard and the door handguards on the 19 Freeride and had no issues.

But I did go over the bars once and have the brake lever almost break my hand so I can see where TKO is coming from for sure. Broke a blood vessel on the back of my hand and it swole up so fast and big it wouldn’t go back into a glove after…

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just flipped the stock throttle around. I run my throttle & brake lever pointing down a little as when I'm standing, that's the natural place for my fingers on the bars. Gotta say, there are a lot of haters out there with the reverse throttle. Best just run what ever feels more natural and the rest of you chickens can run a thumb throttle, as its will always be warm from sucking on it. :rockon:

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a Munster throttle for three seasons now. Always ran the guard. I question it though, as I have never had an impact on the bars that the guard would do anything beneficial. On a normal throttle setup if you hit a tree right there, you would do some serious damage to your hand in my opinion.

Top Bottom