My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Have to get ready and head to shoppers drug mart. Need to find some food thickner so I can eat and drink. Hospital never sent me with any. Lucky I have chrdy feeding tube I can give myself some salt water or water to stay hydrated and control blood pressure still on the low side.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you Ron. My daughter is a registered physio. She said the two things that slow down a recovery are not following the regimen and trying to do more than what’s on the prescribed regimen. Don’t do the latter. Lol. Follow their advice. They are the pros.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Blood pressure is the issue I have. Was low this morning. Had to make some salt water then put in my feeding tube. Interesting but blood pressure is going back to normal. They didn’t tell me this at hospital I just remembered that they mixed salt in a few times and injected it into feeding tube. Not as quick as Iv but gets the job done.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Blood pressure is the issue I have. Was low this morning. Had to make some salt water then put in my feeding tube. Interesting but blood pressure is going back to normal. They didn’t tell me this at hospital I just remembered that they mixed salt in a few times and injected it into feeding tube. Not as quick as Iv but gets the job done.
Interesting that a dose of simple salt water can help to normalize or raise your blood pressure.

I'm sure Charlie is super happy to have you back at home! Pets are great for the healing process too!

Let us know if you need anything!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that Ron is at home I'm thinking I should go load up his sled and use it to make sure the work the dealer did is good.
If you need help with things let me know

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working on right hand. All day. Last week I had no control over fingers or hand now able to rotate foam block in hand and operate thumb. Each day is better. Can’t hold cell phone yet and completely numb bit time and work will make it work again
Right or left handed?
Throttle hand is important, you can drink a beer with either.
Maybe practice rolling doobies or take up knitting [watching my wife with these pointy little sticks, fingers are always moving]

Just got told to pack up call my family have 2 hrs to be out. Going home. We’ll have to stop for groceries first.
They really don't want you overstay your visit do they....wish they could evict the losers next door to me that fast [government building].

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you Ron. My daughter is a registered physio. She said the two things that slow down a recovery are not following the regimen and trying to do more than what’s on the prescribed regimen. Don’t do the latter. Lol. Follow their advice. They are the pros.

They want you to take it slow so they get more money, more sessions and longer it takes makes them more money, I have rehabbed 3 knee surgeries, 1 was a major rebuild, broken back, and just recently a fused together wrist that was broke for almost 20 years and never knew, I pushed all of them and healed faster than expected. Recently my wrist fusion I was told 10-12 months until back doing normal things and no sledding this year for sure, healed in 5 months, riding the turbo lots, was out shooting my bow and helping on the farm and back working after 3 months , lifting things pretty much after the first month, pushed physio way harder than they told me to and quit sooner as it was becoming a waste of time. Still do the stretches once in awhile they recommend on it but I’m still supposed to be going for physio and don’t. Listen to your body, if it’s telling you to giver than giver. Your mindset will heal you quicker if it’s in the right place

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They want you to take it slow so they get more money, more sessions and longer it takes makes them more money, I have rehabbed 3 knee surgeries, 1 was a major rebuild, broken back, and just recently a fused together wrist that was broke for almost 20 years and never knew, I pushed all of them and healed faster than expected. Recently my wrist fusion I was told 10-12 months until back doing normal things and no sledding this year for sure, healed in 5 months, riding the turbo lots, was out shooting my bow and helping on the farm and back working after 3 months , lifting things pretty much after the first month, pushed physio way harder than they told me to and quit sooner as it was becoming a waste of time. Still do the stretches once in awhile they recommend on it but I’m still supposed to be going for physio and don’t. Listen to your body, if it’s telling you to giver than giver. Your mindset will heal you quicker if it’s in the right place

Amen !
the Shakra must be good !

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Tough to find family doctors anywhere. None are taking on new patients. The only ones I can find I cannot pronounce there names. I type them in google and the reviews are awefull. I’ll keep looking but need to find someone decent that don’t have to pull out there iPhone do diagnose me. And not incorrectly as well. Had a bad experience at a medi center

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tough to find family doctors anywhere. None are taking on new patients. The only ones I can find I cannot pronounce there names. I type them in google and the reviews are awefull. I’ll keep looking but need to find someone decent that don’t have to pull out there iPhone do diagnose me. And not incorrectly as well. Had a bad experience at a medi center
can your surgeon refer you to a good one? or the Doc's from the U of A?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Talk to Aud . Maybe she can get you in with her's. I think she's happy with him.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth. We experienced the same thing moving. Very hard to find a family doctor. One of them said, "I will not work like the older doctors worked and not enjoy life. I am going to work only 4 days a week with no call outs and do my thing at the lake in the summer and the ski hill in the winter."
We found one and I was not happy with his manner so to speak. The new one we found appears to be very good and very thorough. You are absolutely right about tough to find one.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I went into a medi center years ago as I had weird rashes and bumps on my limbs. This was after doing a job in a hospital. They pulled out there iPhone and diagnosed me with scabies. That was totally wrong diagnosis. I had MRSA which was properly diagnosed at the urgent care clinic at the UOfA. So how can I trust these new doctors.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth. We experienced the same thing moving. Very hard to find a family doctor. One of them said, "I will not work like the older doctors worked and not enjoy life. I am going to work only 4 days a week with no call outs and do my thing at the lake in the summer and the ski hill in the winter."
We found one and I was not happy with his manner so to speak. The new one we found appears to be very good and very thorough. You are absolutely right about tough to find one.
Did you tell him how old u are? Asking for a friend. 😂

Top Bottom